Down Goes Max Dean

PortaJohn

5 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Right on.. Did ten years with The Boys and then all the itineration's after. Still on the bus.

Died with Jerry for me.  We'll have to talk more though.  I have a lot to say about them.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

People can hate the rule all they want (I do) but it was applied correctly in this instance.

Took me to see it single framing to fully appreciate it.  It was an in "control" rear standing position. Then brought to the mat with a hand down. What takes a second to realize is that it's SV so that the instant the td is scored what happens after (other than flagrant) is totally irrelevant. I would assume Dean would have gotten a reversal in other circumstances. When they came up with this rule it was designed with quick 2-1 or 2-2 situations in mind.

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

He lost in OT on a close easily reversible call then it looks like the other match was 11-9 to a former teammate. In December 

I personally think he’s not separated enough from the field and is more likely top 4 than to repeat.. but the sky isn’t falling

If Michael Beard can improve his gas tank he's a national contender. As for 197 it has maybe the most parity of all the weights this year. Dean could finish anywhere between 1st and 8th and it wouldn't be shocking.  If they ran 197 10 times at NCAA's they could have 10 different champs

• Fire 3

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

25 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

If Michael Beard can improve his gas tank he's a national contender. As for 197 it has maybe the most parity of all the weights this year. Dean could finish anywhere between 1st and 8th and it wouldn't be shocking.  If they ran 197 10 times at NCAA's they could have 10 different champs

It's gas tank as much as he looks like the cut is brutal. If only there were a weight class between 197 and 285, maybe something similiar to his high school weight class and his senior weight class. Hmmm if only...

i am an idiot on the internet

21 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

It's gas tank as much as he looks like the cut is brutal. If only there were a weight class between 197 and 285, maybe something similiar to his high school weight class and his senior weight class. Hmmm if only...

Curious what is the average weight of heavies?  I see a lot of 230lb to 240lb heavies so how would we even fill the 285 if we had a 220/230 class.  Shirely @Wrestleknownothing has the data.  🤔

On 12/3/2022 at 6:49 PM, Le duke said:

I’m more OK with the Laird TD on Dean than the Kinner non-Merkle on SVN.

If SVN has the leg shelved and it’s not laced, that’s not a Merkle and not a TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as a merkle aficionado myself, good lord did he blow that. and he looked at it for 2 seconds before he did. that's not a difficult call.

• Fire 1