Annual reminder that Trev Alberts is a garbage butthole that cannot be trusted and must be kept under constant watch (keep Nebraska wrestling)

bnwtwg

Hopefully the Cornhusker wrestling program can & will survive.  

Out of pragmatism, though, may I suggest that we consider what to do swiftly in the event of program elimination, and start taking precautions sooner rather than later?   

1) Can we avoid what happened to some other universities whereby teams were cut and anger levels were so high that no club teams subsequently emerged?   

2) Why not prepare for the possibility that the U. of Nebraska seeks to promptly sell the Cornhuskers' wrestling mats.   Why not buy them if and when that happens?    A few years ago, the Old Dominion University athletic director managed to get that moniker-displaying shrine sold off very quickly after terminating ODU's wrestling team.  That's likely part of why there's no club program for ODU listed here even nowadays, sadly enough:

http://www.ncwa.net/teams

3) Meanwhile, why not start creating and sharing independently owned & operated "Nebraska Cornhusker Wrestling" pages on Social Media (and not just on Facebook but also at some alternatives) ahead of time?   Here are some alternatives to Zuck's censorship-plagued forums:

http://www.seceder.com/internet 

I suspect that Facebook is more likely to cancel pages if university sponsor$ request as much of Facebook.   Incidentally, MeWe says on its page that it is working to make forum owners the owners of the contacts and data that emerge on such pages, even on Facebook.   Such ownership can make life more bearable whenever Facebook seeks to cancel one's forum for being uppity & offensive, or otherwise noncompliant.  Migrate & survive...   Let's see how MeWe's initiative goes.   Why not help it along and persuade other forums to sign on, as well, if they haven't already?    Facebook's got too much control, but maybe not for long.       

Sound like a plan?   

Wrestling enables us to learn how to try to rebound quickly after enduring disappointment.   Are the Cornhuskers ready to prove it?   Hopefully so.     

Joey Dance defeats Nebraska at Nat. Duals 2017.jpg

Edited by TitleIX is ripe for reform

$58m over a few years, represents .00378% of the state budget. Even if 15 schools in Nebraska were having a similar shortfall it would still only represent .0567% of the budget for one year.  A budget they just increased by $414m from last year. Seems like, if its as important to them as some might claim it is, they could easily pay for it by adding money to educational institutions. But state run colleges in the mid-west are for woke, coastal elites. They indoctrinate kids and try to educate them to the problems they might have to face in the future. We can't have that. 

Knight and Alberts are trash. I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on them if they were on fire. 

Nobody wants a club team at a college or university. Yes, ODU got shafted! 

Andre Metzger had enough of the club life at INT with no hope in sight, and finally bailed. 

Andre Metzger's no longer coaching at UNT (Univ. of North Texas)?  😞   That's sad to know.   He was doing well.   But then rivals Schreiner U. went NCAA D3 and the Dallas community college system reorganized and Richland Community College's head coach retired again (this time in his 80s).   That turn of events didn't leave much afterwards within driving range, competition-wise.   Matters at UNT were surely affected.    

As for ODU, I am also unaware that Boise State U. added a club program after its somewhat recent demise.   Last I checked, I saw nothing for them at:

http://www.ncwa.net/teams

4 hours ago, Tom formerly Tofurky said:

Coach Denney was treated not much better than this on his way out of Maryville. I'll miss him being around on Saturdays. He dedicated his adult life to developing good humans.

I'd be interested to learn more, please.   All I know is that Maryville added wrestling and brought in Coach Denney to head its inaugural program.   Hopefully it is glad it did so (?)    

On 10/6/2023 at 1:32 PM, ThreePointTakedown said:

But state run colleges in the mid-west are for woke, coastal elites. They indoctrinate kids and try to educate them to the problems they might have to face in the future. We can't have that. 

If we can't have that,  what would you propose?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

19 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

I'd be interested to learn more, please.   All I know is that Maryville added wrestling and brought in Coach Denney to head its inaugural program.   Hopefully it is glad it did so (?)    

Word on the street is that Coach Denney didn't retire on his own time schedule. This may have been due to coach having upset an administrator or two over time. He is a very strong willed person, if you don't know him.

Also, there has been some push back since his retirement on what many around the program have been calling "fake culture." I found that to be surprising.

• Fire 1