A.J. Ferrari's case has been dismissed, he will join the Hawkeyes next season

Jimmy Cinnabon

While I agree with your sentiment @nhs67, people in a certain field can in fact be terrible in that field and have completely asinine views.  Everyone has an opinion, and everyone has an a@#hole, and sometimes they both stink.

I am neither directing nor not directing that comment to anyone on this thread.

10 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

While I agree with your sentiment @nhs67, people in a certain field can in fact be terrible in that field and have completely asinine views.  Everyone has an opinion, and everyone has an a@#hole, and sometimes they both stink.

I am neither directing nor not directing that comment to anyone on this thread.

Typically if a person that is arguing a position has to use their "years of experience" to validate their stance they are on the losing side of the argument. I have witnessed master electricians doing terrible work and their response, when challenged, is "I've been doing it like this for 35 years!!" Well buddy, you have been doing it wrong for 35 years!

9 minutes ago, Gus said:

Typically if a person that is arguing a position has to use their "years of experience" to validate their stance they are on the losing side of the argument. I have witnessed master electricians doing terrible work and their response, when challenged, is "I've been doing it like this for 35 years!!" Well buddy, you have been doing it wrong for 35 years!

Couldn't agree more!!  Run into the same thing all the time in my profession.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Gus said:

My family hears the same basic argument from my 76 year old mother in law constantly! (despite getting married at 19, never holding a full time job, never earning a degree past high school, never living on her own, never working a full time job, etc.) An expert in every field and every matter that life can thrown at someone!

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 4

35 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

My family hears the same basic argument from my 76 year old mother in law constantly! (despite getting married at 19, never holding a full time job, never earning a degree past high school, never living on her own, never working a full time job, etc.) An expert in every field and every matter that life can thrown at someone!

Your mom sounds like my dad!  Things he has zero experience with, coaching, wrestling, football, my job, etc. he has no problem lecturing me about them ALL THE TIME!!  LOL

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

Your mom sounds like my dad!  Things he has zero experience with, coaching, wrestling, football, my job, etc. he has no problem lecturing me about them ALL THE TIME!!  LOL

I didn't make it to 76 years old  without knowing a thing or two!

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I didn't make it to 76 years old  without knowing a thing or two!

I think we can give you the two, being as the NCAA has abandoned it.

Just don't ask for three.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 10/10/2023 at 1:42 PM, scourge165 said:

Yes, I hope Angelo has great success as I don't believe he's assaulted or shot at anyone's house.

AJ, even assuming this girl(who nobody knows and has not benefited from this in ANY way) was lying because...that's just what those women do, he's already proven himself to be a massive dirtbag who should absolutely get what's coming to him. 

Yeah I was gonna say when someone earlier said “fans in the wrestling community” allegedly harassed her, how many people even know who she is?  Could be wrong but I’d guess any or at least the large majority of alleged harassment is coming from the family and friends

• Fire 1

On 10/10/2023 at 4:34 PM, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Around a decade ago I read that Holm decided to sleep in a bed at some party.   Either before or after his landing on the mattress, someone else (a gal) crawled in with him.   I don't clearly recall if the article I'd read said they got together and then the boyfriend showed up, or what.  Or maybe it said he says he innocently slept then awakened and departed only to get accused of stuff later.    He maintains his innocence though, judging from more recent articles that I've read.   That's disturbing for me.   Plenty of innocent people have been executed, and plenty more (including female teachers, babysitters and neighborhood-embracing moms) have been falsely accused of being inappropriately affectionate (to use a euphemism).   Our legal system purportedly embraces the ideal of letting 10 guilty people go free so that no innocent people will go to prison.  But sometimes innocents get convicted, as you know.   It's disturbing.   Juries should have members who are willing to seek and view reasonable doubt where it exists.   

Yeah, what you read was the Jordan Holm website.

He was given a bedroom to sleep in. He went into one of the bedrooms, fell asleep on the floor, then, when the couple finished having sex, he went and performed oral sex on her while...getting excited. The girl woke up to him(and his deposit on her leg) and started screaming and he was forcefully removed from the house. 

He wasn't an innocent. He was a weird dude who's DNA was found ON THE victim. Also, pretty sure he gave up the right to a Jury trial as he believed he'd have a better chance with a bench trial.

You're REALLY hanging your hat on the wrong "Men are victims of lying women," case here bud. 

--Edit--

Here's one article;

He left semen on her thigh. She was passed out. Now this was years ago and I didn't recall all the details. It's possible he laid there while her and the boyfriend had sex, then the boyfriend had gotten up, or I just have that detail wrong, but he wasn't in the bed with her until he climbed into the bed and he ejaculated on her thigh.

Not really sure how you're going to justify that and then claim there was NO WAY a sexual experience took place when he literally left semen on her leg and woke up screaming. 

Edited by scourge165

On 10/9/2023 at 2:43 PM, PortaJohn said:

So what's the consensus?  That not all women are liars but all women lie?

Yeah...this should kinda be the default position for everyone. I think it's pretty easy to name a few high profile cases and say, "see, women always make up rape allegations against men," but...that's pretty lazy.

I also think the 46% is....not worth giving anymore attention.

But of course "women lie." They ALSO...drown their babies and they poison their stepchildren and they have sex with younger students.

Those are things women HAVE done. And if you want to have a bad faith argument like Tx, you could use a women like Anne Coulter to GROSSLY skew the number who actually make up rape accusations and I'd guess it's a TINY fraction of those who never come forward because it's such an awful process for a rape victim to go through. One that's so much worse when you're accusing a well known athlete. Imagine coming forward with a legitimate claim against one of the most powerful men in the Country(nobody in particular, not getting stuck in that quagmire). It has to be brutal. 

• Fire 1

Without turning this thread into something it isn’t, I’d be curious about the published report of that DNA, because I remember that situation well - before I even knew JH, and never recall reading that. He still vehemently denies it, turned down a plea deal to cut his time in the clink. I’m open for a DM on this, since I have no interest in talking Ferrari.

• Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

In Holm's case, I can think of alternative explanations for the DNA that was found on her leg, but I'm not saying he's innocent.  I mentioned him mainly to try to show that A.J. Ferrari isn't the only fellow wrestler to be accused while denying the allegations.    Precaution is worth exercising, and very adequate consent is increasingly well worth obtaining in ways that can subsequently be shown to a jury or at least a judge, if needed.  Especially in California, where they enacted a law called something like "yes means yes" a few years ago.   

As for Ann Coulter's article written when the Rolling Stone had to apologize and still pay (conceivably) millions for defaming a female administrator @ U.Va., she cited to (among other things) a U.S. Air Force study.   Perhaps accusers in the armed forces have an added incentive to come clean when questioned about inconsistencies in one's story.   There are actual consequences for lying.   One can't simply go bonkers and run out of the court room (forever) a minute or two into "testifying", like what happened to the accused former state rep. from Idaho who is mentioned above.   He can be released in another 7 years if there's good behavior and such.   But he does not admit to guilt, and they might use that against him.   There's online video testimony of his ongoing denial made to the judge during the sentencing hearing.   I bet he wishes he had never given that intern the time of day.   Bill Clinton got disbarred over his own denials regarding an intern, but at least Monica never accused him of stuff like plenty of other women have.   Personally I think we've discussed the rape topic enough and I hope it has enabled enough fellow (former) wrestlers here to realize that it's best to exercise strong precaution.   We have to look out for one another if we're to rebuild and fortify our sport like society deserves for us to.   

A good weekend to all...

38 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

In Holm's case, I can think of alternative explanations for the DNA that was found on her leg, but I'm not saying he's innocent.  I mentioned him mainly to try to show that A.J. Ferrari isn't the only fellow wrestler to be accused while denying the allegations.    

But had Holms also done all the other disgusting things AJ is documented doing?

My focus in this thread has been merely on the sexual assault allegations that were waged against the former NCAA D1 champion from Oklahoma State, A.J. Ferrari.   As we've seen, nobody is immune nowadays.   When reasonable doubt exists, it's important to recognize it.   Going to prison for decades despite being innocent must be pure Hell.   It has happened all too often.   Our system's arranged to let some guilty folks go free so that innocent folks won't go to prison.   But it's still important to get consent and have evidence of it later, if surprisingly accused of something.   And when the deed is illegal, it's important to avoid committing it.   If just one innocent person avoids prison because of my posts this week on the (delicate, according to some) subject, it will have been worth the grief that a small minority of victimologists here have thrown my way.      

A good weekend to all....

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He is clearly an idiot (to put it lightly), but I am struggling to remember an AJ murder threat.  The middle brother likes to that, I know.

Its on video, pretty clear, about the time he was released from the university.

• Fire 2

On 10/9/2023 at 2:18 PM, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Ann Coulter, call her whatever one will, certainly has been a prolific writer (or at least publisher):

https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/ann-coulter/203361/

That doesn't even include articles, such as the following which upset some people here in this forum:

https://anncoulter.com/2014/12/17/one-in-five-people-who-write-for-rolling-stone-are-morons/

EXCERPT:

"We are truly in the middle of a rape epidemic: an epidemic of women falsely claiming to have been raped. It’s said that “women never lie about rape!” But the evidence shows that women lie about rape all the time -– for attention, for revenge and for an alibi. All serious studies of the matter suggest that at least 40 percent of rape claims are false. The U.S. Air Force, for example, examined more than a thousand rape allegations on military bases over the course of four years and concluded that 46 percent were false. In 27 percent of the cases, the accuser recanted. A large study of rape allegations over nine years in a small Midwestern city, by Eugene J. Kanin of Purdue University, found that 41 percent of the rape claims were false."

__

She got her university degrees from Cornell & Michigan (Law), which both have fine wrestling programs.  I wouldn't be surprised if wrestling has benefited from her sheer existence, too.   Administrators know they can't claim cutting men's wrestling is pro-women as long as they know she lurks and will raise points the administrators find discomforting.   

Pete Davidson: “Ann Coulter and no black people? What are we roasting? A cross?” David Spade: “Ann hopes the Republicans can hold onto the House so she can still haunt it.” Nikki Glaser: “God, it’s white up here. It’s the only way we could get Ann Coulter, though.” Jewel: “I do want to say as a feminist that I can’t support everything that’s been said tonight. But as someone who hates Ann Coulter, I’m delighted.” Jeff Ross: “Ann is against gay marriage. What is your thinking on that? If I can’t get a husband, they can’t either?” Peyton Manning: “I’m not the only athlete up here. As you know earlier this year, Ann Coulter won the Kentucky Derby.” Pete Davidson: “Ann Coulter is here. If you are here, Ann, who is scaring the crows away from our crops?” Rob Lowe: “Ann has never had kids. She is so anti-immigration, her vagina won’t allow any more in the country.” Jimmy Carr: “Ann is one of the most repugnant, hateful, hatchet-face bitches alive. It’s not too late to change, Ann. You could kill yourself.” Nikki Glaser: “Ann, you are awful. The only person you will ever make happy is the Mexican who digs your grave.”

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 5:04 AM, scourge165 said:

Yeah, what you read was the Jordan Holm website.

He was given a bedroom to sleep in. He went into one of the bedrooms, fell asleep on the floor, then, when the couple finished having sex, he went and performed oral sex on her while...getting excited. The girl woke up to him(and his deposit on her leg) and started screaming and he was forcefully removed from the house. 

He wasn't an innocent. He was a weird dude who's DNA was found ON THE victim. Also, pretty sure he gave up the right to a Jury trial as he believed he'd have a better chance with a bench trial.

You're REALLY hanging your hat on the wrong "Men are victims of lying women," case here bud. 

I found the decision from the appeals court on this. FWIW, it wasn't semen on her thigh, it was probably saliva, which is consistent with her testimony that he started performing oral sex on her when she was asleep. The testimony of everyone in the house attending the party weighs against his protestations of innocence imo. 

https://casetext.com/case/state-v-holm-1

• Fire 1