Jump to content

A.J. Ferrari's case has been dismissed, he will join the Hawkeyes next season


Jimmy Cinnabon

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

The judge was prudently responsive to local interests who helped him get his job, and to those who pay his taxes.   He was also responsive to the vote for the elected officials who handle his re-appointment and any grievances against him.   Jordan Holm was an out-of-towner (and for that matter, an out-of-stater) and he might have been "hometowned". 

Meanwhile I did not slut shame Yeardley Love.   It's common knowledge that the abovementioned discussion transpired.   And as for George Huguely, surely there's a better use for him in society than what he justifiably got...a lengthy sentence.    So I wish I could have met with him the day of the deed, hours beforehand, and helped him avoid doing what he did.   Society needs folks with his energy & intellect.   He's wasted where he is.  But at least he is where the jury decided he needs to be to protect still others.   I saw a jury interview afterwards, who mentioned having seen a confidential photo of Yeardley's black eye which was completely swollen shut by George Huguely.   Tragic all around.  😞   

Maybe you should have also “met with him” the majority of other days he was in college where he has admitted to “out of control” “drinking all the time.”  I also didn’t see much intellect coming through in the video of his admission.  I don’t think society will really miss him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He also cooperated with the investigators and authorities.   As a result, he'll get to live his older life outside of an institution.    I vaguely recall that his sentence was for 2 decades or so.   It could have been much worse.   

As for another's comment about his drinking habits...  I don't know how he could have played for a top-ranked D1 lacrosse program (U.Va.) like that.   I wasn't aware of such out-of-control daily drinking.  Maybe during weekends.   And maybe exaggerated to sound "cool".    Either way, I wish him well with his ongoing rehabilitation.  I gather that the jury was more interested in simply isolating him from others to whom he was a potential danger.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

He also cooperated with the investigators and authorities.   As a result, he'll get to live his older life outside of an institution.    I vaguely recall that his sentence was for 2 decades or so.   It could have been much worse.   

As for another's comment about his drinking habits...  I don't know how he could have played for a top-ranked D1 lacrosse program (U.Va.) like that.   I wasn't aware of such out-of-control daily drinking.  Maybe during weekends.   And maybe exaggerated to sound "cool".    Either way, I wish him well with his ongoing rehabilitation.  I gather that the jury was more interested in simply isolating him from others to whom he was a potential danger.  

Yup, facing decades in prison and he wanted to sound “cool” by saying that his drinking was out of control.    That’s like you believing Jordan Holm’s story of the girl screaming because he denied her sexual advances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't aware of his self-reported drinking problem, or the timing of his reporting.   I did not comment on his potentially saying that stuff when already facing decades in prison.  But it may have been his way of showing he didn't soberly intend to kill her.  

As for your comment on Jordan, if you're asserting that I wrote she screamed beause he denied her advances, you're mistaken.   Perhaps you merely mentioned the possibility that that could happen, while making a point by way of analogy & hyperbole.   Nowadays Jordan deserves for the wrestling family to encourage him to achieve his remaining potential in life.   Personally I remain unconvinced that his alibi is inaccurate.   That's not to say I believe his alibi, though.   But reasonable doubt doesn't seem to be out of the question.       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

I wasn't aware of his self-reported drinking problem, or the timing of his reporting.   I did not comment on his potentially saying that stuff when already facing decades in prison.  But it may have been his way of showing he didn't soberly intend to kill her.  

As for your comment on Jordan, if you're asserting that I wrote she screamed beause he denied her advances, you're mistaken.   Perhaps you merely mentioned the possibility that that could happen, while making a point by way of analogy & hyperbole.   Nowadays Jordan deserves for the wrestling family to encourage him to achieve his remaining potential in life.   Personally I remain unconvinced that his alibi is inaccurate.   That's not to say I believe his alibi, though.   But reasonable doubt doesn't seem to be out of the question.       

If only we had a system to determine if there was reasonable doubt.  Maybe a system where, like, a group of a person's peers had to look at the case and make a determination under that very high standard in his favor.  Maybe one day...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

The appellate court's link?    I don't remember seeing that assertion by Jordan there.   

Your memory is convenient that way. It is there.

For such an avowed expert on this case, you are so often ignorant when challenged. And when not challenged you are so often ignorant, which leads to the challenges. And the cycle goes on.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

The appellate court's link?    I don't remember seeing that assertion by Jordan there.   

Odd, you remembered the accuser's high school nickname, but not the defendant's defense.   Here you go:

At the bench trial, Holm testified in his defense. He claimed that after he entered the room and attempted to go to sleep, he heard moaning and groaning from the bed. Holm stated he sat up and saw a naked woman who appeared to be masturbating on the bed. Holm decided to leave to avoid embarrassment. When he started to stand up, Holm testified the woman looked at him and reached up for him, grabbing his head with her hands in an attempt to pull him on to the bed. Holm resisted and stood up, asking the woman what she was doing. At that point, Holm claims she began screaming and kicking him, and he fled the room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Your memory is convenient that way. It is there.

For such an avowed expert on this case, you are so often ignorant when challenged. And when not challenged you are so often ignorant, which leads to the challenges. And the cycle goes on.

 

I'm not an avowed expert on this case, nor have I pretended to be.   That said, I read the text in the previous post differently from how you apparently do.   And when challenged, you turn to flinging insults.   Did that work for you on the wrestling mat?   Then why do you do it now and here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

I'm not an avowed expert on this case, nor have I pretended to be.   That said, I read the text in the previous post differently from how you apparently do.   And when challenged, you turn to flinging insults.   Did that work for you on the wrestling mat?   Then why do you do it now and here?

Saying you are ignorant is not an insult. It is an accurate description. While you may find it insulting, it is also curable. Work on the cure rather than focusing on your hurt feelings. Kind of like wrestling.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Saying you are ignorant is not an insult. It is an accurate description. While you may find it insulting, it is also curable. Work on the cure rather than focusing on your hurt feelings. Kind of like wrestling.

It is disappointing how often grown people (adults) think someone is calling them stupid when they are told of their ignorance.

It means 'Not knowing' rather than 'YeR a DuMdUm GuMdrOp.'  Children are ignorant until they learn.  The same rule can be applied to adults.  Some are just irreparable and choose a hateful, ignorant mindset.

  • Like 2

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not an avowed expert on this case, nor have I pretended to be.   That said, I read the text in the previous post differently from how you apparently do.   And when challenged, you turn to flinging insults.   Did that work for you on the wrestling mat?   Then why do you do it now and here?

Imagine thinking being called ignorant is the same as being insulted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"When he started to stand up, Holm testified the woman looked at him and reached up for him, grabbing his head with her hands in an attempt to pull him on to the bed."

Is NOT the same as "she screamed because he denied her advances."  

The former at least potentially conveys that she wanted to catch him so Bradley (her "boyfriend") could help deal with the guy who just saw his pristine "girlfriend" nude.   She felt deflowered and less, you know, virginal and such and she didn't want him getting away.   That's a far cry from she wanted to embrace him on her bed, devouring his manly essence as part of her womanly one.  (OMG, there really are trashy books teeming with such prose.   I've never read an excerpt from any but I've heard about 'em and my grandmother apparently used to read 'em now and then, judging by the cover of the shirtless males hugging damsels who eagerly reciprocate.) 

    That said, why don't we give the moderators a rest and just ignore each other for a while?   The best response to this post is no response.   The moderators have bills to pay and the advertising revenue-related clicks and impressions we generate might not be "earning our keep".   A small handful of folks here seems eager to insult for insulting's sake.  That's not what wrestling's about, and this is a wrestling forum.   But if Jordan Holm cares to weigh-in within this thread, it'd be fascinating.  I think there's a significant chance that he was innocent.   And the small band of insulting gnats pursuing me here think there's a significant chance that I am ignunt.   Let's show the world that ignunce is bliss and just ignore one another for a while, resuming our focus on helping our sport.   Trashing Jordan Holm for life doesn't seem like the way to go but at any rate, ta ta.    The queen of ta-tas appears to agree, right Dolly?

2495.jpg?width=465&dpr=1&s=none


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

"When he started to stand up, Holm testified the woman looked at him and reached up for him, grabbing his head with her hands in an attempt to pull him on to the bed."

Is NOT the same as "she screamed because he denied her advances."  

The former at least potentially conveys that she wanted to catch him so Bradley (her "boyfriend") could help deal with the guy who just saw his pristine "girlfriend" nude.   She felt deflowered and less, you know, virginal and such and she didn't want him getting away.  

You have quite the imagination

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:


    That said, why don't we give the moderators a rest and just ignore each other for a while?   The best response to this post is no response.   The moderators have bills to pay and the advertising revenue-related clicks and impressions we generate might not be "earning our keep".   



 

Ahh, so you are hearing from the moderators about your lunacy and that is the reason you want to stop. But not before issuing one more fantasy.

There used to be a guy on here call Dan. I used to call him Double Down Dan because no matter how many times he was shown that he was wrong (including on simple things like math), he would never fail to double down. His favorite technique was "if that is true" when he was shown he was wrong. 

You remind me a lot of that guy. And not in a good way.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

>>>Ahh, so you are hearing from the moderators about your lunacy and that is the reason you want to stop. But not before issuing one more fantasy.<<<

No.  But I have experience running forums over the past decades and I can't help but feel for those who kindly provide these  for the wrestling community.    It's not fun reading gnats' predatory posts attacking those who mean well and want to help wrestling survive and grow.  My heart goes out to the moderators here.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Israel Ibarra

    Santa Cruz Valley Union, Arizona
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 184

    Bronson Baxter

    Dumas, Texas
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Little Rock
    Projected Weight: 157

    Mason Blue

    Laney, North Carolina
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Gardner-Webb
    Projected Weight: 197, 285

    Tristan Cotto

    Laney, North Carolina
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Gardner-Webb
    Projected Weight: 149, 157

    Jesus Gonzalez

    Reedsburg, Wisconsin
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Minnesota State Mankato
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...