Penn State is in trouble

Jimmy Cinnabon

Here is why:

1. Spencer is back and looking great.  26 points to Iowa with Spencer getting his 4th NCAA title.

2. Holes at 125 (won't qualify for NCAAs) and 157 (might qualify but won't win more than 1 match)

3. Dean is either hurt or has regressed.  He has dropped 2 matches in a row and likely won't be a top 4 seed going into NCAAs.

What can be done:

1. Nothing

2. Nothing about 125.  At 157 pull Levi Haines'.  Haines could be a low AA this year.  

3. Get Dean healthy

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Here is why:

1. Spencer is back and looking great.  26 points to Iowa with Spencer getting his 4th NCAA title.

2. Holes at 125 (won't qualify for NCAAs) and 157 (might qualify but won't win more than 1 match)

3. Dean is either hurt or has regressed.  He has dropped 2 matches in a row and likely won't be a top 4 seed going into NCAAs.

What can be done:

1. Nothing

2. Nothing about 125.  At 157 pull Levi Haines'.  Haines could be a low AA this year.  

3. Get Dean healthy

From ChatGPT:

Based on the information provided, it appears that the Penn State wrestling team may be in trouble for this year's NCAA competition. The team has holes at 125 and 157, and one of their wrestlers, Dean, is either injured or has regressed. It is not clear what can be done to address these issues, but it is possible that the team's performance at the NCAA competition could be affected.

• Haha 1

If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that hands are wringing all across the  Nittany Wrestling Naion, as I type.

Then again, from Intermat Tournament projections, some will go up (Kerkvliet, Van Ness, and Facundo) while one (Dean) will drop at a fairly open weight 

Also, Levi Haines waits in the wings at another fairly open weight class (157).

I suspect PSU's NCAA bonus point increase from last year's NCAAs to the upcoming one, will more than offset any team point drop-off attributable to a lower finish by Dean.

If there is one thing I’ve learned the last few years. It’s to wait until Jan and then look at how teams/athletes are wrestling before making hard predictions.

Especially when it’s a staff like PSU that just calmly and consistently follows the process and focuses on getting better.

The upsets are fun. But December woes are predictions

• Fire 2

9 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

If there is one thing I’ve learned the last few years. It’s to wait until Jan and then look at how teams/athletes are wrestling before making hard predictions.

Especially when it’s a staff like PSU that just calmly and consistently follows the process and focuses on getting better.

The upsets are fun. But December woes are predictions

^aren’t predictions 

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that hands are wringing all across the  Nittany Wrestling Naion, as I type.

Then again, from Intermat Tournament projections, some will go up (Kerkvliet, Van Ness, and Facundo) while one (Dean) will drop at a fairly open weight 

Also, Levi Haines waits in the wings at another fairly open weight class (157).

I suspect PSU's NCAA bonus point increase from last year's NCAAs to the upcoming one, will more than offset any team point drop-off attributable to a lower finish by Dean.

I know. I've decided to sell my NCAA Championship tickets. I'm not willing to go all the way to Tulsa just to see us get humiliated.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Watched Spencer in the first match back. If that is "looking great" your Cinnebons are buffalo chips or cow pies.

He should do great but is way out of shape for now. Against one of the top half dozen he probably would have lost, maybe passed out from lack of oxygen.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1. Kerk is now #1 at 285

2. PSU has only needed 7 or 8 scoring wrestlers at NCAAs in recent seasons.

3. The transfer portal is still open at 125.

4. If you return 4 National Champs and #1 ranked guy who finished 4th last year, you are still the favorite to win

5.  PSU has a proven track record of meeting or exceeding expectations at Nationals.

6. Iowa has a recent track record of underperforming at Nationals

7.  Cael ("Carl")

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, SocraTease said:

1. Kerk is now #1 at 285

2. PSU has only needed 7 or 8 scoring wrestlers at NCAAs in recent seasons.

3. The transfer portal is still open at 125.

4. If you return 4 National Champs and #1 ranked guy who finished 4th last year, you are still the favorite to win

5.  PSU has a proven track record of meeting or exceeding expectations at Nationals.

6. Iowa has a recent track record of underperforming at Nationals

7.  Cael ("Carl")

You're new to this forum.  Jimmy Cinnabon is a Parody Account.  You never apply reason or logic to any of his threads.  His threads are like The Onion.  Reply accordingly. 

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Im going to make a couple tentative predictions as a non penn state fan. Just based off what Cael has done. 
133 - 1st

141 - will Penn State peak to a 5-8th

149 - I think SVN will be top 3.

165 - I think Facundo is on a more Nick Lee/RBY trajectory with a low 5-8 finish first then top two after this year.

174 - 1st, I want to see him wrestle the senior level more

184 - 1st

197 - 5-8th, I doubt he gets the close or blatant calls two years in a row.

285 - Kerk is winning it

I think they’re going to run away with the title again. 

for Iowa, 

125 - Lee might Semi-Slide based off what I’ve seen

141 - 4-8th

149 - going with heart not head and 7th

157 - they should put Chittum out while they have Lee but I see 7-8th right now at best 

165 - R12-8th

174 - 6-8th

184 - unfortunately R16-R12, rooting for him though

197 - 5th

285 - 2-4th

i think Iowa State might be competing for a team trophy this year or next 

I reserve the right to reevaluate and redo my picks in January. 

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Im going to make a couple tentative predictions as a non penn state fan. Just based off what Cael has done. 
133 - 1st

141 - will Penn State peak to a 5-8th

149 - I think SVN will be top 3.

165 - I think Facundo is on a more Nick Lee/RBY trajectory with a low 5-8 finish first then top two after this year.

174 - 1st, I want to see him wrestle the senior level more

184 - 1st

197 - 5-8th, I doubt he gets the close or blatant calls two years in a row.

285 - Kerk is winning it

I think they’re going to run away with the title again. 

for Iowa, 

125 - Lee might Semi-Slide based off what I’ve seen

141 - 4-8th

149 - going with heart not head and 7th

157 - they should put Chittum out while they have Lee but I see 7-8th right now at best 

165 - R12-8th

174 - 6-8th

184 - unfortunately R16-R12, rooting for him though

197 - 5th

285 - 2-4th

i think Iowa State might be competing for a team trophy this year or next 

I reserve the right to reevaluate and redo my picks in January. 

I am higher on Real Woods. I think he is a 1 -4 guy rather than a 4 -8.

• Fire 1