2023 Transfer Portal

i did a show today (prior to knowing 1) if it was true that Cody left and 2) where he was going)

and i said that his father told me (at the open) that cody didn't want to be on the team if the ferraris were there.

cody himself confirmed that in the article (that has now been linked a record number of times haha)

• Fire 3
  • Clown 1

TBD

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

It's not as simple as people just showing up to the same practice room with them. they sincerely do not want to be around them or affiliated with them. 

if the portal was still open i bet you would have seen other hawks go in.

Really??  Not questioning your information but Ferrari "commited" in March and the portal only closed last week.  Is Chittum leaving really a catalyst for other guys to jump or something else that has happened since the portal closed?   

And if you believe the rumor Anthony didn't get into Iowa, then it is all moot now.   

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, CementMixer said:

Chittum gone. All 3 Ferraris gone. Iowa gone.

Good luck on that last one.  This obviously isn't good, but there's a lot of wildly overblown doomsaying going on as well.  The program is worse than they were yesterday, but they're still fine and a probable trophy team.  They are not, however, at an acceptable level to me as a fan where they look primed to challenge for team titles, and that's a problem.

• Fire 1

precisely. i think none of the ferrari's being officially on the roster (yet) is the only reason there weren't others.

of course, per cody himself, he wasn't waiting to find out if they do, in fact, get enrolled. 

• Fire 1

TBD

21 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i did a show today (prior to knowing 1) if it was true that Cody left and 2) where he was going)

and i said that his father told me (at the open) that cody didn't want to be on the team if the ferraris were there.

cody himself confirmed that in the article (that has now been linked a record number of times haha)

Ferrari effect. Dang

46 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

And now we've reached the ridiculous portion of this discussion, lol.

Aye.  Even I was like "WHO DAFUQ IS TYPING THIS SHIT?" when I read what you were quoting and then I was like...

🫣

😇

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

31 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Good luck on that last one.  This obviously isn't good, but there's a lot of wildly overblown doomsaying going on as well.  The program is worse than they were yesterday, but they're still fine and a probable trophy team.  They are not, however, at an acceptable level to me as a fan where they look primed to challenge for team titles, and that's a problem.

Honestly Iowa has, more or less, cemented itself as the heel because of certain fanatics and trolls.  What keeps on NOT happening is them fading off in to the background.

For some stupid reason people have a hard time accepting that Iowa is here and is going to be here as long as there is college wrestling to talk about.  Even if they stood pat and did NOTHING, they were competing for 2nd place.  They didn't stand pat. 

They picked up a 149lber for the next three years and even if they didn't get much else in the TP, they absolutely were a key piece during the entire process.  Why?  Because it's Iowa.

They lost possibly the GOAT 125lber ever, had injury not derailed him.  As far as peak performance ever?  Spencer Lee is the greatest 125lber NCAA D1 wrestling has ever seen.  Period.  Who did they get to replace him?  Ayala.  Another contender.  Bet your ass he is contending.

Teske and Woods are back.  They may have lost Murin, but VV will be contending right where Murin left off, maybe a small step back.  Siebrecht, Kennedy, Brands, Assad, and Cassioppi all back.  They only actually lost one potential point scoring weight in 197.  One!  Yet they're not going to contend?  That's a joke.  Even I, the 3rd largest UofM fan on this board know that Iowa is still favored over Michigan right now.  That is the way it should be, too.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly Iowa has, more or less, cemented itself as the heel because of certain fanatics and trolls.  What keeps on NOT happening is them fading off in to the background.

For some stupid reason people have a hard time accepting that Iowa is here and is going to be here as long as there is college wrestling to talk about.  Even if they stood pat and did NOTHING, they were competing for 2nd place.  They didn't stand pat. 

They picked up a 149lber for the next three years and even if they didn't get much else in the TP, they absolutely were a key piece during the entire process.  Why?  Because it's Iowa.

They lost possibly the GOAT 125lber ever, had injury not derailed him.  As far as peak performance ever?  Spencer Lee is the greatest 125lber NCAA D1 wrestling has ever seen.  Period.  Who did they get to replace him?  Ayala.  Another contender.  Bet your ass he is contending.

Teske and Woods are back.  They may have lost Murin, but VV will be contending right where Murin left off, maybe a small step back.  Siebrecht, Kennedy, Brands, Assad, and Cassioppi all back.  They only actually lost one potential point scoring weight in 197.  One!  Yet they're not going to contend?  That's a joke.  Even I, the 3rd largest UofM fan on this board know that Iowa is still favored over Michigan right now.  That is the way it should be, too.

Iowa has the problem of high achieving compared to every other program (other than PSU, obviously) but underperforming their standards.  What Iowa is doing right now is good enough if "trophy team" is enough, but not good enough if team championships is the goal.  

56 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

VV ain't anywhere near Max. 

3 minutes ago, CementMixer said:

Murin beat him 4-3 while being probably 4 years older.

Their common opponents are pretty comparable, other than Murin being 5-0 against Michael Blockhus compared to 0-2 for VV.

They are both 1-1 against Jaden Abas and both lost to Paniro Johnson 3-1.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Stephen Abas says hello.

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, CementMixer said:

Right.

You lost or something?  We aren't talking Max Dean.  We are Talking Max Murin.  It took ten years for Murin to AA.  VV will do it in two.

This thread is blowing up bigger than a J'Den Cox OTT weigh-in! But this conversation needs to dig deep and lift 665 pounds of dead weight to catch up with our Iran brothers and I don't care how far a Focus can go, these Ferrari wheels just won't cut it if we are looking at the bigger picture folks. We have 75 pages to go and call me for stolling all you want but I'll take a shot in the dark and throw a turk to get the ball rolling because I'm an eagle and I fly around the jungle and hang out with the lions and tigers and bears and wolves.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

From what I remember about chittum when he was younger and what I’ve been told about his family by people from Cleveland. I’m not shocked and good for him for being set in his principles.

That was a stupid gamble by the Brands in my opinion. It shows desperation