Jump to content

2023 Transfer Portal


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Well on that note, Caliendo weighed less than Franek and Siebrecht at the time of their Alpha's... so perhaps he goes down?

The guy is a fckn Ox.  The only other ~T15 165lber that MIGHT be stronger than him at 165 might be Amine?  That was what my push for Caliendo to 184 was from... I knew he could handle the power.

Alphas?

Who goes down?  Caliendo?  Then what about Franek?  Is John Smith coaching there now and Franek goes down too?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Alphas?

Who goes down?  Caliendo?  Then what about Franek?  Is John Smith coaching there now and Franek goes down too?

Franek is gone next year, mate.

Alphas = Certs.  'Alpha Weigh-In' = First weight in.  Old Michigander talk.

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Well on that note, Caliendo weighed less than Franek and Siebrecht at the time of their Alpha's... so perhaps he goes down?

The guy is a fckn Ox.  The only other ~T15 165lber that MIGHT be stronger than him at 165 might be Amine?  That was what my push for Caliendo to 184 was from... I knew he could handle the power.

I thought Caliendo looked small compared to David Carr (who looks big at 165 this year). Caliendo is very muscular but not tall/long limbed. I could see him slotting into 157 next year. 

As a senior in HS, I wrestled 189 and bumped up to wrestled heavyweight for the team a handful of time throughout the year. I started the season around 200 and by midseason was weighing in around 186 after a hard practice. After +2 pounds for Christmas I had to weigh in over 191 to wrestle heavyweight. All you have to do is drink a gallon of water on the bus ride and you can put on 8 easy pounds of water weight to wrestle up at the next weight class haha!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

I thought Caliendo looked small compared to David Carr (who looks big at 165 this year). Caliendo is very muscular but not tall/long limbed. I could see him slotting into 157 next year. 

As a senior in HS, I wrestled 189 and bumped up to wrestled heavyweight for the team a handful of time throughout the year. I started the season around 200 and by midseason was weighing in around 186 after a hard practice. After +2 pounds for Christmas I had to weigh in over 191 to wrestle heavyweight. All you have to do is drink a gallon of water on the bus ride and you can put on 8 easy pounds of water weight to wrestle up at the next weight class haha!

My reference to Caliendo's strength was only in reference to his actual strength, not size.  I believe I've seen it out there that he is very gym strong.

  • Like 2

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Israel Ibarra

    Santa Cruz Valley Union, Arizona
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 184

    Bronson Baxter

    Dumas, Texas
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Little Rock
    Projected Weight: 157

    Mason Blue

    Laney, North Carolina
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Gardner-Webb
    Projected Weight: 197, 285

    Tristan Cotto

    Laney, North Carolina
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Gardner-Webb
    Projected Weight: 149, 157

    Jesus Gonzalez

    Reedsburg, Wisconsin
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Minnesota State Mankato
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...