2023 Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Well on that note, Caliendo weighed less than Franek and Siebrecht at the time of their Alpha's... so perhaps he goes down?

The guy is a fckn Ox.  The only other ~T15 165lber that MIGHT be stronger than him at 165 might be Amine?  That was what my push for Caliendo to 184 was from... I knew he could handle the power.

Alphas?

Who goes down?  Caliendo?  Then what about Franek?  Is John Smith coaching there now and Franek goes down too?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Alphas?

Who goes down?  Caliendo?  Then what about Franek?  Is John Smith coaching there now and Franek goes down too?

Franek is gone next year, mate.

Alphas = Certs.  'Alpha Weigh-In' = First weight in.  Old Michigander talk.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Well on that note, Caliendo weighed less than Franek and Siebrecht at the time of their Alpha's... so perhaps he goes down?

The guy is a fckn Ox.  The only other ~T15 165lber that MIGHT be stronger than him at 165 might be Amine?  That was what my push for Caliendo to 184 was from... I knew he could handle the power.

I thought Caliendo looked small compared to David Carr (who looks big at 165 this year). Caliendo is very muscular but not tall/long limbed. I could see him slotting into 157 next year. 

As a senior in HS, I wrestled 189 and bumped up to wrestled heavyweight for the team a handful of time throughout the year. I started the season around 200 and by midseason was weighing in around 186 after a hard practice. After +2 pounds for Christmas I had to weigh in over 191 to wrestle heavyweight. All you have to do is drink a gallon of water on the bus ride and you can put on 8 easy pounds of water weight to wrestle up at the next weight class haha!

• Fire 2

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

I thought Caliendo looked small compared to David Carr (who looks big at 165 this year). Caliendo is very muscular but not tall/long limbed. I could see him slotting into 157 next year. 

As a senior in HS, I wrestled 189 and bumped up to wrestled heavyweight for the team a handful of time throughout the year. I started the season around 200 and by midseason was weighing in around 186 after a hard practice. After +2 pounds for Christmas I had to weigh in over 191 to wrestle heavyweight. All you have to do is drink a gallon of water on the bus ride and you can put on 8 easy pounds of water weight to wrestle up at the next weight class haha!

My reference to Caliendo's strength was only in reference to his actual strength, not size.  I believe I've seen it out there that he is very gym strong.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me