Looks like we have a new winner for dirtiest wrestler

On 1/30/2023 at 10:47 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I never said 'irredeemable'...

But I'm not against euthanize for you. You seem to be a rotten, hateful, SOB. The world has more than enough of those.

Hmm --------------------^  

There is no way these are Mr. Snow Plow's words.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 11:35 AM, LJB said:

my kids make fun of me all the time... 

i have a 14 year old daughter as well that has a stinging wit and has no problem letting it go...

-Not surprised

-Sure you're the father? Will she need a booster seat in order to drive?

Yeah, I know...something about, "hope things turn around for you," or "live your best life." The first sign your Daughter's wit either comes from her Mother, your standard for "stinging wit" is...well...low. Third option, we return to the milkman!

@forkemazOh please the other day you were calling folkstyle the shit style and berating Spencer for choosing it calling him a future has been. You're a punk. 

This is your other tactic where you try to nitpick or change the subject. I've seen your hot takes and they are bad. You called Spencer a future has been then jumped all over someone in this thread for calling someone out for bad sportsmanship. Go back to the freestyle forum you don't even like folkstyle.

Pretty sure he's called Freestyle the Women's sport. 

That was my introduction to LBJ. Just throwing that out of there out of nowhere. The only "real" Wrestling.

Does beg the question why he's so interested in Folkstyle and Freestyle. Also...bit curious how he and the JackRabbit fella posted immediately after each other throughout the entire thread?

LOL...seriously though, I'm just surprised people would defend this...almost kinda even LBJ. I don't know if he's serious or if this is just a "In Greco...."

I actually thought of you yesterday when a Greco kid was riding, hit his head on the match and had to DQ. 

Anway, hope things turn around for you bud...

And...uh...keep living your best life? That's the high brow wit we're looking for, no?

26 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

It lacks the sincerity you get from LJB.

Get on it though.

I struggle to know if LJB is sincere ...

he never seems to finish his sentences ...

if you know what i mean ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scourge165 said:

-Not surprised

-Sure you're the father? Will she need a booster seat in order to drive?

Yeah, I know...something about, "hope things turn around for you," or "live your best life." The first sign your Daughter's wit either comes from her Mother, your standard for "stinging wit" is...well...low. Third option, we return to the milkman!

Pretty sure he's called Freestyle the Women's sport. 

That was my introduction to LBJ. Just throwing that out of there out of nowhere. The only "real" Wrestling.

Does beg the question why he's so interested in Folkstyle and Freestyle. Also...bit curious how he and the JackRabbit fella posted immediately after each other throughout the entire thread?

LOL...seriously though, I'm just surprised people would defend this...almost kinda even LBJ. I don't know if he's serious or if this is just a "In Greco...."

I actually thought of you yesterday when a Greco kid was riding, hit his head on the match and had to DQ. 

Anway, hope things turn around for you bud...

And...uh...keep living your best life? That's the high brow wit we're looking for, no?

you dug this up after a month?

you doing ok?

• 9 months later...
On 1/29/2023 at 9:21 PM, 1032004 said:

These are from 2 separate matches this year, and according to his wrestlestat he was also DQ’ed from the “Cougar Clash”

Dirtiest yet-injured Tyler Lillard at Southern Scuffle. Had a single leg up in the air and then picks his own leg up and drops his knee down on Lillard's knee. YouTube video with more examples from the past couple of years. It'd be wild if Nickerson keeps letting him wrestle.

• Clown 1

Its particulary despicable because a lot of the personal growth in wrestling is based on the idea that as emotional and physical and intense and competitive as a wrestling match is neither guy is willing to endanger the others health to win, its a small miracle really. Being oblivious to it just means you shouldn't be wrestling.

• Fire 6

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

54 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Well spoken by a woman that has every right to be enraged. Hope this gets rectified. Anyone have the screenshots of Fernandes' mom and Lillard's mom? Please share if so.

She posted them on Facebook.  Tina Martin-Lillard

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

She posted them on Facebook.  Tina Martin-Lillard

Fernandes mother comes off as gaslighting and enabling of her sons behavior in the interaction.  Another kid with poor behavior and apologist parents 🙄 what a coincidence...

• Fire 2

Despicable action. This guy should not be wrestling in the NCAA anymore.  End of story

To the legal minds of the forum-is Northern Colorado potentially financially liable for continuing to send this guy on the mat? Obviously, if you are injured wrestling that's a down side of what everyone signs up for.  But not a case where you have somebody who is known to go beyond the rules of the sport-and has repeatedly done so- to inflict injury. Is this a situation that will go to court?  Should Northern Colorado have known not to let this guy put on their singlet?

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/sports-violence-lawsuits.html

• Fire 2

17 hours ago, TigerStyle314 said:

Dirtiest yet-injured Tyler Lillard at Southern Scuffle. Had a single leg up in the air and then picks his own leg up and drops his knee down on Lillard's knee. YouTube video with more examples from the past couple of years. It'd be wild if Nickerson keeps letting him wrestle.

Thanks for spotlighting this. Seems if not a big program involved, it doesn’t get tje deserved attention. Thanks again. 

24 minutes ago, Southend said:

Thanks for spotlighting this. Seems if not a big program involved, it doesn’t get tje deserved attention. Thanks again. 

The Tanner Cook situation (when this thread was made) did get a fair amount of attention IMO

13 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Despicable action. This guy should not be wrestling in the NCAA anymore.  End of story

To the legal minds of the forum-is Northern Colorado potentially financially liable for continuing to send this guy on the mat? Obviously, if you are injured wrestling that's a down side of what everyone signs up for.  But not a case where you have somebody who is known to go beyond the rules of the sport-and has repeatedly done so- to inflict injury. Is this a situation that will go to court?  Should Northern Colorado have known not to let this guy put on their singlet?

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/sports-violence-lawsuits.html

Yes. Sue the individual and the school. What the kid did was well outside the rules and constitutes a battery. You can recover damages in civil court. 

Video of previous incidents is evidence of a pattern and practice. That pattern and practice evidence is admissible in court, and it can prove that the individual was dangerous and the university should have reasonably known. Moreover, there are allegedly earlier incidents involving high school and age-group events. Discovery will find those out. 

I represented a D3 wrestler injured in an automobile accident in ILLINOIS. We sued for injuries, doctor's bills, mental anguish &tc, as well as loss of enjoyment of life--he would no longer be able to wrestle to the standard to which he was accustomed (and he in fact left the team). What price do you put on that? How much is a dream worth? The law is different in each jurisdiction, so consult an attorney there, but, yeah, sue the bastards. 

"Dirty" wrestlers, I assume, do it for a reason. Overbearing parents or coaches. The social pressure to succeed. Shame in not winning or living up to 'potential'. All of those are powerful forces in the mind of a young athlete/person. 

I hope he gets to the root of why he thought that was an acceptable reaction. But yes, coaches through their institutions need to be held accountable for these kinds of incidents. Especially egregious and repeated incidents. 

We need to be better, across the board not just the wrestling community, about the acceptability of seeking the care for mental health or trauma issues. Its likely, and through the thread its fairly well confirmed, that the issue occurred years ago and should have been addressed then. 

Suing a school likely puts a smaller program in jeopardy of being cut. So that is a tricky decision to make but someone should be held to account. 

46 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Suing a school likely puts a smaller program in jeopardy of being cut. So that is a tricky decision to make but someone should be held to account. 

This is very true, but it is getting to the point that coach Nickerson can be argued to be complicit in contributing to the creation of a dangerous wrestling environment by continuing to put that guy out there.  

Wrestling is about scoring points, and wrestlers position themselves to that end.  This obviously leaves joints open to aggressive il-intentioned manipulation.  This wrestler has clearly studied where these opportunities are, joint locks are not hard to research nowadays, and is happy to go to that playing field whenever he likes.  At any moment a collar tie can become a punch, a front headlock can become a guillotine, a short offense underhook can become a kimura. 

By continuing to put this wrestler on the mat northern colorado is destroying the agreement and trust which underpins a wrestling match.  The kid knee-bared an unsuspecting opponent.  That move can destroy legs and destroy lives.

If I were a college coach I would keep northern colorado at arms length.