Bow and Arrow

Perry

23 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Can you guys not use your kids when talking about this. It seems rather gauche. Both of you have used them. But I feel like that’ll just spiral the situation.. 

First and foremost… gauche… tip of the cap…

Secondly…

your sentiment is noted and I agree with it for the most part…

it’s just hard to converse (for me) without occasionally bringing up the fact I have kids who wrestle…

I apologize I brought up that I did pay for multiple sessions of physical therapy for one of my children that 100% was more painful than anything poor Amos had to deal with in those 4-5 seconds of the torture rack he was forced to endure…

I feel like it is my duty to warn youIt might happen again in the future no matter my best intentions…

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, LJB said:

Secondly…

it’s just hard to converse (for me) without occasionally bringing up the fact I have kids who wrestle…

I apologize I brought up that I did pay for multiple sessions of physical therapy for one of my children that 100% was more painful than anything poor Amos had to deal with in those 4-5 seconds of the torture rack he was forced to endure…

I feel like it is my duty to warn you It might happen again in the future no matter my best intentions…

You're seriously trying compare the pain of PT for your kid vs a mildly controversial wrestling move.

Let's slow this crazy train down.

We're all good here.

• Fire 1

Ban any move that may make the other wrestler uncomfortable.  🙄

I am all for progressing the sport, but it scares me to think what wrestling may look like in the future if it goes the way some of your guy's hope for in regard to the rules and making certain moves illegal. 

17 hours ago, LJB said:

Secondly…

I feel like it is my duty to warn youIt might happen again in the future no matter my best intentions…

No need to apologize.. I just know how this could devolve. Especially with the other dude. 

20 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

No need to apologize.. I just know how this could devolve. Especially with the other dude. 

trust me, i get it...

my initial plan here as a member clearly did not stay the same as it started, but, i am on my best behavior...

or...

as best as i can be...

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Ban any move that may make the other wrestler uncomfortable.  🙄

I am all for progressing the sport, but it scares me to think what wrestling may look like in the future if it goes the way some of your guy's hope for in regard to the rules and making certain moves illegal. 

it might start to look like football

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

PSU dishes it out and NLWC can take it. Nolf got into a really nasty bow and arrow this morning in his victory over last year's junior world champ Gadzhiev. Because the international scene isn't for wusses, Nolf put on a heck of a defense until they went back to feet. He was definitely feeling it after but because NLWC is the toughest room in the country he didn't even need the cold spray. 6:11 for the beginning of the pain train

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/10272434-2023-ranking-series-1-zagreb-open/videos?q=nolf&playing=10463896

@BobDole any idea why the link won't embed video?

Edited by bnwtwg
wanted to @ the late congressman

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

PSU dishes it out and NLWC can take it. Nolf got into a really nasty bow and arrow this morning in his victory over last year's junior world champ Gadzhiev. Because the international scene isn't for wusses, Nolf put on a heck of a defense until they went back to feet. He was definitely feeling it after but because NLWC is the toughest room in the country he didn't even need the cold spray. 6:11 for the beginning of the pain train

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/10272434-2023-ranking-series-1-zagreb-open/videos?q=nolf&playing=10463896

The flexibility/strength combination needed to defend that bow and arrow was amazing.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Is it biomechanically pre-disposed to cause injury?  I don't think so, though admittedly I'm no expert.  Some wrestling moves hurt.  Obvously this is one one of them, and it certainly looks like it sucks to be in.  My opinion is that this is a move that looks bad, but that doesn't mean it is bad.  It's probably close to the line, but I think where we have drawn the line (between high school, where there are more inexperienced and/or less skilled kids, and college, where people either do know or should know what they're doing).  It's made a little trickier because of the back bow being illegal and so close to the bow & arrow, but that's why we pay the referees the big bucks. 😉