Brooks is in Paris right?

17 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

More Instagram posts with team / teams having some fun together and no Brooks.  Dude just super locked in?  

Adderall kicked in and he was locked into to organizing his room

• Bob 3
  • Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

On 7/27/2024 at 12:50 PM, Takuto_Otoguro said:

He's locked in a way i've never seen before. Wow. Skipping the opening ceremony which for most athletes is the whole point of going to the olympics. He's going to make mince meat of yazdani

He did the right thing based on his personal beliefs and the path he’s currently on. 

• Poopy 1

On 7/28/2024 at 11:40 AM, Caveira said:

This is the comparison some peeps are griping about.  I’ve read about the Dionysus angle too…. We used to celebrate Dionysus in college…. Basically a big party.  Don’t remember that part lol 

IMG_5988.jpeg

don’t know what the weird blue dude is though 

IMG_5989.webp

Is it possible that it can both be mocking the Last Supper and celebrating Dionysus?

But there is no way that Brooks knew what was scheduled at the ceremony.  He likely just wanted to hang out at HQ and wasn't interested in the 8 hour commitment.

18 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Is it possible that it can both be mocking the Last Supper and celebrating Dionysus?

But there is no way that Brooks knew what was scheduled at the ceremony.  He likely just wanted to hang out at HQ and wasn't interested in the 8 hour commitment.

I dunno….  (Not sure if this is true…. ).   Also one dude / lady appeared to have his sack out 

for the record. I’m not religious and am not super offended about the religious connotation.   Not a huge fan of 15 or so transvestites and a kid…. It’s all the ideology they care about pushing l.   I won’t comment again as I just realized this is not the off topic board    

carry on  

IMG_6007.jpeg

Edited by Caveira

13 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I dunno….  (Not sure if this is true…. ).   Also one dude / lady appeared to have his sack out 

I thought it was a tribute to Benjamin Franklin.  The dude got a little freaky during his stay in Passy.  It was in France when he famously published, "Fart Proudly"..."A Letter to a Royal Academy about Farting."  

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

21 minutes ago, Caveira said:

for the record. I’m not religious and am not super offended about the religious connotation.   Not a huge fan of 15 or so transvestites and a kid…. It’s all the ideology they care about pushing l.   I won’t comment again as I just realized this is not the off topic board    

carry on  

IMG_6007.jpeg

My interpretation of that post is she was mocking the outrage over it after the fact

• Poopy 1

Seems like the crew doing that are bullies.  Aim to offend the group that will simply wimper over it.  Why didn’t they dress up in drag and stage a scene from the Koran?  Have the lady be Mohammed.    

• Bob 2

10 hours ago, Rassling said:

He did the right thing based on his personal beliefs and the path he’s currently on. 

For some reason I doubt Aaron Brooks was handed a cut sheet of the exact, scene-by-scene events of opening ceremony, with which to make a decision on whether or not to attend. 

• Bob 6

Did ya know - Aaron Brooks inked a deal with Nike right before the Olympics. There’s also a reputable company here in Central PA who’s been featuring him on their billboard for years. 

• Clown 1

20 hours ago, Rassling said:

Hey Philly - that’s the exact symbol the hospital placed on your chart when you were born, huh. Why not spend the amount of time living here to use your supposed skills and know how to see what you can do to help promote the sport to a larger audience. Take your hate and stick it in your ear pal.

34 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

@Rassling Preach some more about publicly denouncing hate and everyone getting along. Talking out both sides of your suck seems to be your thing...  

nah no hate here my friend. Just not intimidated by YOU and others like you. You’re among those who have the “connections “ yet have not done enough to preserve and protect the sport over the years. I’m a live and let live guy but that does not include bullying. Mr Phillips - try being a little more accepting of those outside of the 100 or so who rule the roost here. 

I can't imagine skipping the Opening Ceremonies, but also, I'm not an Olympic-level athlete, unless they're getting a new beer drinking event going.  He gets to choose for himself how he wants his Olympic experience to be.  Hell, he could have wanted to go but needed some sort of medical treatment.

Not to get too dragged into the politics on this sub, but...if we just assume for the purposes of this conversation it was the Last Supper they were re-enacting and not the Feast of Dionysus (that's in dispute, but for the purposes of this post, lets assume it's true), how is the event mocking Christians other than that it was LGBTQ people who participated?  Their mere existence is mocking now?  It's not like they got up there and said "eff Jesus." 

Besides using the "Last Supper" tableau as a model has been done in pop culture for decades.  Off the top of my head I distinctly remember advertisement for the Sopranos and Simpsons.

16 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Are Christians so fragile that when mocked their lives go into a tailspin and they must let the world must know how mean they gays are?

https://www.ranker.com/list/last-supper-recreations-in-movies-tv/chris-bellamy

some muslims are so fragile that when mocked they start murdering people.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."