... in a street fight.

jackwebster

48 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Who would be the GOAT street fighter of 125 lbers?

If only there were a 121 pound/55kg olympic gold medalist who then went on to become an MMA champ. He would probably be a really bad dude...

• Fire 3

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Thing about Starocci is that he has a special kind of crazy. The kind where he'd throw down in a street fight and hold a steady grudge against you and everyone you know until he felt like you were sufficiently pulverized. Gilman strikes me as another type like that, but he's a shrimp and is nowhere near the level of crazy/scary as Starocci. 

Fantastic take.  Also, Starrocci is the kind of guy I would never ever want to get into a fight with solely because he'd post it all over social media and be the type of guy to remind me about it every day.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Your question does not say "Wrestlers".

So...,

US Navy SEALS

ROK Special Forces troops

British SAS commandos

Well ... we are on a College Wrestling board ... but sure if we're gonna ignore that ... maybe ...

Afghan suicide bomber 🤔

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

sheeeeeesh........... speaking of dipchits........... how the heck you doing today?

You must be new here...

Please see the response in the following comment made by our resident PhD.

Also, what the crap.is a dipchits?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

An elderly man rear ends a young man driving an expensive sports car. Enraged, the guy hops out of his car and confronts the old man. “Look what you did to my car” he yells. “you’re gonna give me $10,000 right now or I’m gonna beat you to a pulp!” “Oh my” says the old man, "I don't have that kind of money. Let me call my son, he trains dolphins and he’ll know what to do." "Dolphins...", the other driver huffs, while rolling his eyes. The old man pulls out his phone, dials his son and just as the son answers, the irate man snatches the phone away from the old man. "So, YOU’RE a dolphin trainer, huh? Well, your old man here just rear ended my car and I need ten grand right now or I’m gonna beat you AND your old man to a pulp. So you better train those dolphins to bring you some cash!" "I’ll be there in 10 minutes." says the voice calmly on the other end. Exactly ten minutes later a pickup truck pulls up. A huge guy hops out and proceeds to walk calmly towards the bully. Before the enraged young man can speak, the man smoothly rams his head against the other man's forehead. The bully crumples like paper and the other man catches him, leaving him in a heap on the side of the road. When he’s finished, he walks over to the old man and says: “For the last time dad... I train seals... Navy Seals…. NOT dolphins.”

Obvious answer Wyatt Hendrickson.  285 lbs plus AFA training.  I'm guessing if you didn't knock him out with the first punch, you better start praying. 

https://www.usafa.edu/military/combatives/#:~:text=Our combatives courses teach more,and develop a growth mindset.

But he's probably never been in a "street fight" in his life, not a lot of people would be that stupid, so who knows.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Gents that have short fuses.  They are going to try to throw hands first and ask questions later.

A short-fused guy who doesn't know how to fight can be taken out in seconds. Be more afraid of a measured opponent who knows how to fight. Or, forget about 'fuses' altogether, and worry about who is skilled at fighting and who is not. Otherwise, the moron with the least self-control would be the baddest man on the planet.

5 hours ago, WrestleFan12 said:

A short-fused guy who doesn't know how to fight can be taken out in seconds. Be more afraid of a measured opponent who knows how to fight. Or, forget about 'fuses' altogether, and worry about who is skilled at fighting and who is not. Otherwise, the moron with the least self-control would be the baddest man on the planet.

I disagree if your worry is going to jail. Hot heads = cops = lawyers = broke. Measured guys might be more dangerous, but I'm never gonna find out bc I'm not an asshole who gets it street fights. 

I might have subconsciously posted this bc I wanted to tell a story about my friend who died about this time 20~ years ago. 5'4", 142 lb, recruited out of Bolles, FL, most laid back (aka stoned) guy ever. One fall weekend night in school we were doing stupid undergrad things, walking with a couple of wrestlers and this 7' basketball player (Chase something). It was a largish, supremely odd looking group, and we took up the sidewalk. Who do we see walking up by? Tiki Barbour (sp?). The fb player made indications that we ought to move off the sidewalk. My friend was having none of it. So, he grabbed Tiki Barbour by the belt and the back of the shirt and threw him in the street. We kept walking and just laughed and laughed. Rest in Weed, MW.

Edited by jackwebster

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"/s" 

So 285 lbs/s = 285# per second.

Isn't force or torque. Google tells me it's "mass flow rate." Sounds more like a big guy doing slow jumping jacks.

@Le duke

I'm still baffled by the comment that I should have put "/s" after 285 lbs.

I merely said Wyatt Hendrickson was 285 lbs.  Stop.  And he had Air Force Academy training which includes hand to hand combat.  Stop.

WTF "per second" has to do with that is beyond me.  It's been well over 40 years since my last Physics class, but I can assure you those Laws don't change, unlike governmental laws.

giphy.gif

Edited by BerniePragle

6 hours ago, WrestleFan12 said:

If you have ever seen any interviews from pre-civilized MMA days you will understand that often the 'most skilled' or 'best controlled' guy was quite often never the baddest man in the room due to these short-fuses you don't care about.  A street fight means anything goes.  Self-controlled people don't ever let 'anything go' when it comes to that.

For example: I don't want to fight Bo Nickal in a street fight because I know he will sleep me.  Meaning he will take me down and put me to sleep.  Even in a street fight I am fairly confident he will do this.  He has a high IQ and knows this.  I don't want to fight Blue Dragons Jr because I know he has no self-control and will probably keep pounding my skull if (when) he gets it on the pavement.  There is a large difference there in possible long-term negative effects.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me