Themat.com - "A moment of silence, please"

GreatWhiteNorth

That narrative is cool to sell. But even JB knows he wasn't really there 'til the end.
Only a coup'la guys with an interesting fictional story to tell were there at the end.
JB knows that to be true.

If anyone was “there to the end” it was me guys. That board caused a lot of actual arguments in my daily life so you can best believe I was going to be there for d-day. I didn’t have anything to do with the time it was shut down, but I had that last thread in the chamber ready. I got no advance warning but if you guys want to take it, fine with me. I’m here the same way I started there … posting about wrestling with no special access, treatment or assistance and always with my name on it.

Tomorrow I will wake up with zero reports in my inbox and no worries about what someone said on that board. Here, I’m just like everyone else - opinionated, sarcastic and sometimes correct.
  • Fire 2

Insert catchy tagline here. 

10 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

If anyone was “there to the end” it was me guys. That board caused a lot of actual arguments in my daily life so you can best believe I was going to be there for d-day. I didn’t have anything to do with the time it was shut down, but I had that last thread in the chamber ready. I got no advance warning but if you guys want to take it, fine with me. I’m here the same way I started there … posting about wrestling with no special access, treatment or assistance and always with my name on it.

Tomorrow I will wake up with zero reports in my inbox and no worries about what someone said on that board. Here, I’m just like everyone else - opinionated, sarcastic and sometimes correct.

Not an argument. Just show the logs.

The last (5) posters should be sufficient with time stamps.

3 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

This is the all activity view … seriously I wasn’t reading the last word thread. But if someone wants that title, I didn’t realize there was some competition for it.

a48be286346f62c6caed76cd5e65a71c.jpg

Well that doesn't show the last posts with time stamps and the time doesn't correspond with when it shut down or with the screen shot & info GWN provided above or the two threads that announced shutdown.

Bro, it’s the best I had at midnight from my phone. If I had known how much this last post thing meant to you, I wouldn’t have even posted. It was a separate thread that was dedicated to the OGs. I’m traveling today and might have a chance to pull it up on the plane.

Play nice fellas, JB got it in, he did it fair and sqaure and he did it with the best last word possible (if you know, you know).

Congrats to JB, I tip my hat to ya.

That’s to keep your whining ass shut. You want off this ranch, you got it. I’ll drive your ass to the train station myself.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

And what if you don't know? 

What is the significances of magistrate.

So back (right before we brought The Mat Forum down the first time) one Jimmy the Gent somehow figured out when ever he posted the word "Magistrate" the thread would lock!

How, I have no idea, but he was not afraid to use it. 

• Fire 2

That’s to keep your whining ass shut. You want off this ranch, you got it. I’ll drive your ass to the train station myself.

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Is there a way to see the desiccated husk of the board?  That is, they moldering corpse, is it available for public consumption, even though we can't post?

Good point, when is the visitation and funeral?  They gonna bury it or cremate?  

Finally to a computer. My access doesn't give me detailed logs on things - I was never the server or site administrator, I just had some next level mod/admin access when needed.

What I can say is my post went through at 9:32 CDT. The only thing I can say definitively is I was browsing threads on Tapatalk when it blanked out. I opened the browser and posted the new thread. It appears the time the lights were turned off was 9:30 CDT, putting my post in "after the whistle" since I can still see what's on the board, but I wouldn't know I had any different access until after the fact. I had my computer packed up since I had an early flight this morning. 

So I TRULY didn't know what time they were going out, other than I tried to get one in there at the end, not to steal anyone else's glory, but to pay homage to the OGs with the lockup word from the previous iteration of the board, magistrate. 

My access didn't allow me any logs that displayed timestamps in a clean view. I never dove that deep into server logs, etc when I was at USAW. I may have looked at the admin panel 2-3x a year after I left 10 years ago. If they (logs) do exist, I don't know where to find them. The moderation view does allow me to click on an IP address and see the most recent posts from that IP, so that allowed me to see that my post was two minutes AFTER the last actual post on the board. Now possessing that knowledge, I moved my post to the deleted bin, so I can say the very last posts on the board both came at 9:30 p.m. - and based on the order in the thread, @GreatWhiteNorthgot one in, but @jross posted right after it, at 9:30. @ionel's post on the Last Word thread came at 9:17 p.m. 

Here's that last thread and the last three posts (not by anyone with admin access) on the board. 

I hope that clarifies it. I honestly didn't know everyone else was locked out when I posted. Now I do. Even in death, that forum was causing me a headache. 

1354087794_ScreenShot2022-11-01at3_30_23PM.thumb.png.9c8951183d6815502e2d3f2138ee94c5.png

780391879_ScreenShot2022-11-01at3_08_54PM.thumb.png.96147edc494f91da068672442e81f941.png

494443725_ScreenShot2022-11-01at3_12_09PM.thumb.png.37738e69f632b05a0d6324f66f26eaca.png1915840497_ScreenShot2022-11-01at3_12_31PM.thumb.png.3e8522665cd8edfbc54f25035742156b.png

• Fire 2

Does anyone else feel kinda awkward coming here still. Like if your wife themat.com suddenly left you, you know you need to move on and try dating another site, yet it just still feels off to be getting seriously involved Intermat so soon after the split. Ah maybe a couple drinks will help. 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Does anyone else feel kinda awkward coming here still. Like if your wife themat.com suddenly left you, you know you need to move on and try dating another site, yet it just still feels off to be getting seriously involved Intermat so soon after the split. Ah maybe a couple drinks will help. 

Yeah it kind've felt like Willie and Bob were setting us up on a blind date while the wife was still in the bedroom packing her bags.  🤔

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Bob only gives you 15 minutes to correct mistakes.  He's an old grumpy stickler on these things.  😉

Well I am glad most everyone is here. fun season coming up, I can't wait to talk sh*t! 
Also I think I am going to try and make some sort of content this year. 
#LetsGo!