flow debate

Truzzcat

Dake-DT would be bigger if Taylor hadn't gotten stuck in the finals his RSFR year. Yeah yeah, Dake did it at four different weights but KOT prevailed in what was arguably the toughest weight class each year. But we're getting waaaay ahead of ourselves in this debate.

• Fire 4

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Say O'Toole does the deed. Is he a four-timer, or a four-timer* ?

Four timer*

but if he bumps up and prevents a five timer he will be the second best 4xer in my book

Edited by jchapman

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

3 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

on FRL today the guys were debating if KOT going for 4 next year and bumping up against Carter going for 5 would be as big as the DT Dake rivalry. Was wondering what you guys thought.

In terms of hype and general perception?  No.  The hype of the Taylor-Dake match was nothing I've ever seen.    But on paper and to the hardcores like us then absolutely.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Cool storyline, but KOT has Carr to worry about.  Hate to say it, but I'd go around a 50/50 bet there.

That's awfully pessimistic from my perspective considering you are a Mizzou guy.  I don't have a horse in the race and consider O'Toole to be almost 60/40 favorite over Carr which is a decent margin.  Starocci hasn't lost a match since Michael Kemerer as far as I can remember - so I think it would just be cool to see him face stiffer competition

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Why an asterisk?  No redshirt.

4 in five years.

Just like Cael, Pat Smith, Steiber.

I didn’t realize Cael, Smith and Steiber wrestled in 5 NCAA tournaments. 

• Fire 1

Taylor was simply destroying people - all the time.  He seemed like the unstoppable force.  Had this huge aura about him.  Neither KOT nor Star have that.

Dake was a riddle.  Often won by a little.  But was doing the 4 weight class thing with no redshirt.  Still - didn’t have the hype that DT had.  

Then two super close matches leading up to NCAAs where it seemed so many had predicted DT wins but Dake had found a way each time.  Then Taylor destroys to the finals — seemed to be on A game, Dake not so much.  All came together for a some real excitement.

• Fire 2

7 hours ago, flyingcement said:

That's awfully pessimistic from my perspective considering you are a Mizzou guy.  I don't have a horse in the race and consider O'Toole to be almost 60/40 favorite over Carr which is a decent margin.  

Being a Mizzou guy has nothing to do with it.  They've wrestled 3x, and KOT is 1-2.  I'd say around a 50/50 bet is pretty realistic.

24 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Taylor was simply destroying people - all the time.  He seemed like the unstoppable force.  Had this huge aura about him.  Neither KOT nor Star have that.

Dake was a riddle.  Often won by a little.  But was doing the 4 weight class thing with no redshirt.  Still - didn’t have the hype that DT had.  

Then two super close matches leading up to NCAAs where it seemed so many had predicted DT wins but Dake had found a way each time.  Then Taylor destroys to the finals — seemed to be on A game, Dake not so much.  All came together for a some real excitement.

Can't forget the pin the previous summer at the OTT.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

13 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Cool storyline, but KOT has Carr to worry about.  Hate to say it, but I'd go around a 50/50 bet there.

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

That's awfully pessimistic from my perspective considering you are a Mizzou guy.  I don't have a horse in the race and consider O'Toole to be almost 60/40 favorite over Carr which is a decent margin.  

He also may have worry about Hall, kid put up a pretty good fight last time.  

13 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

I'd say it's a 33.3% bet since that is his current winning percentage against Carr

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Can't forget the pin the previous summer at the OTT.  

For the uninitiated of when Dake decided the internet was wrong and he was sick and tired of being 0-100 in fantasy matchups versus Taylor because of what happened in high school. Undefeated for going on a dozen years against Taylor since 4/21/2012.

First Period:

Second Period:

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet