2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

To lazy to look.  But there were comments earlier that in college dake was always super boring/defensive?

His ncaa tournaments:

4-1, fall, 11-0, 3-2 tb, 7-3, 9-0, 8-0, 3-0, 4-0, 8-1, fall, pinfall, pinfalls, 4-0, 4-1, 3-0, 11-0, 13-0, 2-0, 5-4. 

4 falls.  5 majors.   Out of 17 matches.   At least 10 shutouts.    That’s crazy.   9 points scored against …. Although the score in the falls I don’t know.   Pretty amazing. 

Edited by Caveira

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

I'm 100% positive it's been discussed and I'm 100% positive I don't care, I'm not going back through 52 pages of posts.  I HATE this female announcer.

Pretty sure it's Helen Maroulis innit?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, Grecojones said:

Paris is solidly #4. Not sure if he has the size to beat the big 3. Honestly I think his bet match up Zaire 

I think he’s right there with the “big 3”. Clearly showed that with Geno and that has to put him there with Akgul. Zare seems to be improving faster than the other two (as should be expected due to age), so it’s hard to tell if he’s separated himself that much or is just a bad matchup for Geno. Obviously, Parris beat him in the past, but I’d love to see that match now. 

What’s crazy to me is the separation Gable has shown from Parris. He’s just on another planet! 

17 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I think he’s right there with the “big 3”. Clearly showed that with Geno and that has to put him there with Akgul. Zare seems to be improving faster than the other two (as should be expected due to age), so it’s hard to tell if he’s separated himself that much or is just a bad matchup for Geno. Obviously, Parris beat him in the past, but I’d love to see that match now. 

What’s crazy to me is the separation Gable has shown from Parris. He’s just on another planet! 

Gable would have his hands full with Geno again now that he got a feel but would get a good win; Gable would have a solid Dake-type win over Zare, albeit would be down 2-3 points going into the second. 

Parris handles plodders like Zare but the reigning world champ has a motor, not a fat ass. I truly think, partially because of Father Time, Parris can beat Geno next time; I want to see him run the gauntlet though selfishly I want him to avoid everyone until the finals.

i am an idiot on the internet

18 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

plodders like Zare…the reigning world champ has a motor

To be clear, Zare is not a “plodder” in the dancing bear tubby-boy NCAA variety. He is Godzilla. I just meant he is slow and deliberate and (successfully) leans on his brute strength much like Parris did for a long time.

• Fire 1

Gable would have his hands full with Geno again now that he got a feel but would get a good win; Gable would have a solid Dake-type win over Zare, albeit would be down 2-3 points going into the second. 

Parris handles plodders like Zare but the reigning world champ has a motor, not a fat ass. I truly think, partially because of Father Time, Parris can beat Geno next time; I want to see him run the gauntlet though selfishly I want him to avoid everyone until the finals.

Pretty much agree except I think Gable has no problem with Geno on his feet. Only way it’s close is if Geno gets his gut again.

4 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

Maybe change his mind and get a PHD as well??

Unless the rules have been changed you can't compete as a graduate student in the ivy league, so he should be 8 years into his undergraduate degree. I think the rule was something like you have four years of enrollment to compete, so to retain eligibility they drop out of school for a year.  But again, maybe things have switched since covid. 

Edited by billyhoyle

8 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Unless the rules have been changed you can't compete as a graduate student in the ivy league, so he should be 8 years into his undergraduate degree. I think the rule was something like you have four years of enrollment to compete, so to retain eligibility they drop out of school for a year.  But again, maybe things have switched since covid. 

Six.  Four in school, and two not enrolled (COVID, ORS).  The Ivy League changed it from "four in five years" to "four in six years" due to sports cancelled the COVID year.

3 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Six.  Four in school, and two not enrolled (COVID, ORS).  The Ivy League changed it from "four in five years" to "four in six years" due to sports cancelled the COVID year.

Wasn't he unenrolled for two covid years? Or he did the unenrolled redshirt first?

Edited by billyhoyle

40 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

He is currently a senior at Cornell, and in his seventh year out of high school, so, yeah.  COVID and a ORS will do that.

You don’t need to tell me about Covid. It drastically altered my daughters college experience. But she still didn’t need 7 years, or even 6. Just seems like a lot of time to get an undergraduate degree. 

Vito is 7.5 months younger than Spencer Lee, who was often referred to as being “old.”

Vito is 24, but still 15 months younger than 25 year old daton fix. 

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You don’t need to tell me about Covid. It drastically altered my daughters college experience. But she still didn’t need 7 years, or even 6. Just seems like a lot of time to get an undergraduate degree. 

Vito is 7.5 months younger than Spencer Lee, who was often referred to as being “old.”

Vito is 24, but still 15 months younger than 25 year old daton fix. 

Vito took a gap year after high school.  He earned an ORS year, and COVID stole a year of eligibility from him (which the Ivy League gave back to everyone).  He's now enrolled in college for the fourth year.

11 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Vito took a gap year after high school.  He earned an ORS year, and COVID stole a year of eligibility from him (which the Ivy League gave back to everyone).  He's now enrolled in college for the fourth year.

According to what you posted:
https://cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=75191

It sounds like this is the plan?

2017-2018: Redshirted 

2018-2019: Competed

2019-2020: Olympic Redshirt

2020-2021: Covid 

2021-2022: Competed

2022-2023: Competed

2023-2024: Olympic redshirt

2024-2025: Competition/graduate from undergrad

5 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

According to what you posted:
https://cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=75191

It sounds like this is the plan?

2017-2018: Redshirted 

2018-2019: Competed

2019-2020: Olympic Redshirt

2020-2021: Covid 

2021-2022: Competed

2022-2023: Competed

2023-2024: Olympic redshirt

2024-2025: Competition/graduate from undergrad

2018 was a "grey" shirt year not red-shirt. It says in the article he was at Finger Lakes.

@LJB or @Husker_Du some elaboration would be swell. I heard grumblings about weighins but honestly equated it to whining…

Now you’re throwing shots at Serbia/Micic…

Happy to be convinced otherwise. Here’s to Micic weighing 74 tomorrow morning and 79 at match time… 🥇👑

image.thumb.png.33fb1263c7fd1643f1fe8acd0f19f9ec.png

Edited by bnwtwg
cc @gimp

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

@LJB or @Husker_Du some elaboration would be swell. I heard grumblings about weighins but honestly equated it to whining…

Now you’re throwing shots at Serbia/Micic…

Happy to be convinced otherwise. Here’s to Micic weighing 74 tomorrow morning and 79 at match time… 🥇👑

image.thumb.png.33fb1263c7fd1643f1fe8acd0f19f9ec.png

Wow. Very interesting. Taylor is one of my all time favorites to watch, but have seen some “cringe” moments from him off the mat. 

Very interesting allegations about weigh-ins. I remember some weird stuff about greco last year and also some strange stuff in Nur Sultan. Isn’t Lalovic Serbian?

I miss LJB. Where has he been?