Sammy Sasso shot ...

DiverDownBrian

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Something kinda cool - I follow a lot of different college boards.  Some more active than others.  Among those that have daily activity, there was only one forum where the story was missing (Oklahoma State's 34 and counting), but I doubt it was from malice, and more likely to be with a preoccupation of their own major changes underway.  

Among all of the boards where it was mentioned, there wasn't a single antagonistic post against him - even behind the cloak of internet anonymity, where cowards usually hang around.  Everyone who posted about Sammy was wishing him well and hoping for the best.  I was taken aback by that in a good way.  

I think most of us were in shock when we heard the news. Most of us realize how fast life can change, Sammy is going to be ok. I would hope all us are pulling for him. Get well soon Sammy./

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think most of us were in shock when we heard the news. Most of us realize how fast life can change, Sammy is going to be ok. I would hope all us are pulling for him. Get well soon Sammy./

No doubt, it seems like an obvious thing to rally around.  Glad there was no side angle or anything this time around.  Not even among the lowest common denominator.

• Fire 2

Sammy’s just a good dude. Always ready to drop a handshake, fist bump or a hug, even if you don’t know him super well. One of those guys it’s hard to root against. It’s refreshing we’ve got the whole sport (it seems) rallying around him.

• Fire 11

Insert catchy tagline here. 

2 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

Sammy’s just a good dude. Always ready to drop a handshake, fist bump or a hug, even if you don’t know him super well. One of those guys it’s hard to root against. It’s refreshing we’ve got the whole sport (it seems) rallying around him.

Agree with that, 110%.

D3

• Fire 2

20 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Something kinda cool - I follow a lot of different college boards.  Some more active than others.  Among those that have daily activity, there was only one forum where the story was missing (Oklahoma State's 34 and counting), but I doubt it was from malice, and more likely to be with a preoccupation of their own major changes underway.  

Among all of the boards where it was mentioned, there wasn't a single antagonistic post against him - even behind the cloak of internet anonymity, where cowards usually hang around.  Everyone who posted about Sammy was wishing him well and hoping for the best.  I was taken aback by that in a good way.  

Yea I noticed that too it was nice to see in the cesspool world we live in nowadays , got to admit though once I heard he was better and going to make a full recovery the try to rob Vince Turk or Ferrari jokes we’re running through my mind 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea I noticed that too it was nice to see in the cesspool world we live in nowadays , got to admit though once I heard he was better and going to make a full recovery the try to rob Vince Turk or Ferrari jokes we’re running through my mind 

Well I'm glad you didn't listen to your mind. Everyone has been very supportive.

"Sammy was immediately rushed to the hospital where he underwent emergency surgery to reconstruct his colon. The following morning, he underwent another surgery to remove the bullet near his spine. As a result of the bullet’s trajectory, he sustained severe nerve damage to his spine. After spending three days in ICU, he was transferred to an acute care unit where he continues to receive care for his injuries.

Upon his release from the hospital, he will be transferred to an inpatient rehabilitation facility where he will undergo comprehensive physical therapy aimed at learning how to walk again. At this time, Sammy is unable to walk without assistance. While the doctors are hopeful that he will make a full recovery, Sammy has a long, difficult road ahead of him."

Well that sucks... 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:03 PM, flyingcement said:

We Okie State fans are still recovering from the Ferraris trying to kill themselves, their teammates, and anyone that happens to be around them. This one hits close to home for sure.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I have been only viewing these forums for a little over a year, and it sounds bad to say, but it was great to see every fanbase come together to support Sammy. I came across this article that included the names and history of the 2 minors arrested for the shooting and WOW I never imagined people at such a young age could have such lengthy criminal histories. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/crime/ohio-state-wrestler-sammy-sasso-shooting-arrests/530-d2f545cd-b874-45e6-a66a-a03e357cc9ed 

14 hours ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

I have been only viewing these forums for a little over a year, and it sounds bad to say, but it was great to see every fanbase come together to support Sammy. I came across this article that included the names and history of the 2 minors arrested for the shooting and WOW I never imagined people at such a young age could have such lengthy criminal histories. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/crime/ohio-state-wrestler-sammy-sasso-shooting-arrests/530-d2f545cd-b874-45e6-a66a-a03e357cc9ed 

That is wild. Looks like the prosecutor is pushing to charge them as adults even though they are 15 and 16. Sounds like they're seasoned criminals.