PortaJohn

Carr vs O'Toole  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Carr vs O'Toole

• David Carr
    • Kegan O'Toole
    • Carr Duck
    • O'Toole Duck

Took me a second to figure out where this board moved to (been busy with new baby and life), but just wanted to say WOW about Carr. That’s an absolute master class in neutralizing O’Toole’s elite scrambling. He stuck O’Toole’s hips to the mat and never gave him much of a chance to get funky. Using that leg for constant leverage was great stuff. Kudos to Dresser for getting him coached up and kudos to Carr for executing the gameplan to perfection. I need to see this one again in March. 

• Fire 5

The technical acumen Carr showed to get the first TD was awesome.  And then for the second, he knew Keegan was going to try to throw leg over again — was ready for it … and then, what an excellent methodical finish.  Turned me into a big fan.

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

I’m very surprised it was that low.

Also, Askren mentioned that Keegan might go up to 174 next year. Great idea if he wants to finish 3rd, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised at all.  The crowd always falls in love with the unorthodox crafty wrestler.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

28 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Took me a second to figure out where this board moved to (been busy with new baby and life), but just wanted to say WOW about Carr. That’s an absolute master class in neutralizing O’Toole’s elite scrambling. He stuck O’Toole’s hips to the mat and never gave him much of a chance to get funky. Using that leg for constant leverage was great stuff. Kudos to Dresser for getting him coached up and kudos to Carr for executing the gameplan to perfection. I need to see this one again in March. 

Carr's dad's not a bad coach either, and Nate having battled Kenny Monday so many times and the history of that series, only made sense for this series to begin tonight, as they can see each other twice more this year.

12 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

No. As a matter of fact, Kevin Dresser and his team will take on all comers. It doesn't matter if they are 4th string teammates because the Cyclones never back down! They will keep fighting down to The Last Chance!

This...is 12 hours old, so I hope I don't look like an asshole, but that's exactly what I thought about Iowa State...and then O'Toole has that Askren arrogance(which he has earned). 

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I don't think it's that as much as O'Toole being undefeated last season, Carr losing to Hunter Willits then moving up a weight

Fair point.  I didn't put much stock into the Willits loss when picking Carr.  Very interested to see the adjustments KOT makes for the rematch 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

8 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Fair point.  I didn't put much stock into the Willits loss when picking Carr.  Very interested to see the adjustments KOT makes for the rematch 

That is the part that fascinates me too. Unless Carr wins big again at B12 or NCAA's I would still call a re-match a pick 'em.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge