Gable Steveson

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The other open question is, what is Steveson's academic status? Did he graduate undergrad? Or will he need to worry about academic standing/progress ala the oldest 2 Ferraris last year?

I hear he's interested in the MFA program in Theatre Arts at Minnesota.  

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The other open question is, what is Steveson's academic status? Did he graduate undergrad? Or will he need to worry about academic standing/progress ala the oldest 2 Ferraris last year?

In Clash of Combat interview from April 2023 he said he graduated from Minnesota.  He should talk about it around the time stamp I've linked to in the video below.  I suspect he would be started graduate work if he returned to NCAA competition somewhere next year.

https://youtu.be/LzUSDGeSNPw?si=hl5aWwRMhr_FKzEw&t=2734

• Fire 1

48 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

so you don't think he was taking a boat load of classes during those redshirts?  🤔

Definitely a teasing aspect to all this as best demonstrated by them claiming he could be a serious NFL prospect which doesn't seem credible to me.

My guess is that if he can get granted the eligibility he'll wrestle in college.  Would be a big payday and he has to think he is a commanding favorite to win.  It would beat taking your chances on MMA where it's not clear at all you'd dominate competition, guys would literally be trying to kill you, and your trash talking skill which wasn't strong in WWE would still be a problem. Why literally get kicked in the head if you don't have to?

13 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

in a report by Marc Raimondi, he said that multiple NFL teams have reached out to Gable but that he also has one year of college eligibility remaining I assume the information about the NFL teams comes from a source close to Gable. It was also mentioned that gable was training at kill cliff FC for the past year.

Wasn’t he recently diagnosed with a heart condition?  If he was even good enough (doubtful), would the NFL even let him play?

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Wasn’t he recently diagnosed with a heart condition?  If he was even good enough (doubtful), would the NFL even let him play?

Heart condition or no, does anyone seriously think there is any chance that Steveson is ever going to play a down in a regular season NFL game?  This is all part of the show -- not his strong suit.  His strong suit is in being the best heavyweight wrestler on the planet, a true, can't-take-your-eyes-off-him, force of nature on a wrestling mat.  All that's left is for him to decide if that's what he wants to do.  If not, then he can go be mediocre at best at whatever else he wants to try next.  Everything else is just noise, noise that not as many are as interested in as there used to be.

• Bob 1

49 minutes ago, dragit said:

Heart condition or no, does anyone seriously think there is any chance that Steveson is ever going to play a down in a regular season NFL game?  This is all part of the show -- not his strong suit.  His strong suit is in being the best heavyweight wrestler on the planet, a true, can't-take-your-eyes-off-him, force of nature on a wrestling mat.  All that's left is for him to decide if that's what he wants to do.  If not, then he can go be mediocre at best at whatever else he wants to try next.  Everything else is just noise, noise that not as many are as interested in as there used to be.

I think he’d probably be a good wrestling coach also…

18 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The free year was 2021 for everyone. Only 2024 could be considered an Olympic redshirt. So by process of elimination 2023 had to be a regular redshirt.

As posted earlier
2019- Freshman
2020- Sophomore

2021- Free year
2022- Junior
2023- Redshirt
2024- Olympic Redshirt
2025- ???

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

He had the surgery before WWE, condition was diagnosed around the time of the Olympics.  I think he's fine.

But there's no way he makes an NFL roster.  With no football experience, he has no shot with his diminutive stature (by NFL standards).  He is nowhere near big enough to play on the line, and he's not going to understand the game or react well enough to be an LB or something similar.

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He had the surgery before WWE, condition was diagnosed around the time of the Olympics.  I think he's fine.

But there's no way he makes an NFL roster.  With no football experience, he has no shot with his diminutive stature (by NFL standards).  He is nowhere near big enough to play on the line, and he's not going to understand the game or react well enough to be an LB or something similar.

I really doubt he risks going into something with no experience again after the WWE thing did not pan out. I assume he uses this last year and either opts to stick around for the 2028 cycle or goes into MMA.

Willie says “legit sources say he’s going to Iowa.”

If true, this is precisely the reason Kueter should have wrestled last NCAA’s.  Well that and the fact that he potentially could have gotten them 2nd place…

Considering how easily he won his last two NCAA tournaments I don't see any point in him going back for another tournament even if he does have eligibility. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Considering how easily he won his last two NCAA tournaments I don't see any point in him going back for another tournament even if he does have eligibility. 

3 > 2

NIL > no NIL

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Jim L said:

Besides WKN's response, I would also say he's an athlete and a competitor without a sport or a place at the moment.  I imagine that's very foreign a bit scary and a quite different feeling...

I feel like him going to Iowa and then losing to Kerk in the finals is what is bound to happen and people will blame it on guys regressing at Iowa and not on Gable doing pretend wrestling for 2 years or whatever

9 hours ago, Jim L said:

He is going to go to Oklahoma State and meet Kirkvleit in the NCAA finas. Kirk who has been getting pointers from Anthony Cassar so Steveson will have bookend losses to a Nitwitty Lion. -

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

18 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

He is going to go to Oklahoma State and meet Kirkvleit in the NCAA finas. Kirk who has been getting pointers from Anthony Cassar so Steveson will have bookend losses to a Nitwitty Lion. -

Tired Britney Spears GIF

On 5/9/2024 at 5:45 PM, 1032004 said:

I think he’d probably be a good wrestling coach also…

His pedigree as a wrestler is impeccable. I bet he could land a coaching job somewhere good if he wanted to dip his toes in the profession. 

On 5/11/2024 at 12:51 AM, Lunaticfringe said:

He isn’t doing this for NCAA glory. The money has dried up and he need a check. He has a high maintenance IG model GF to take care of

Can you blame him? Just look at her. 

Brawn Hilda - TV Tropes

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, Dogbone said:

NFL teams likely just want to kick the tires for a tryout or something.  Give him a small deal to come to a mini camp and then cut him.  At 265 he probably a D End?  Has he ever played football?

MMA seems very logical but if I were him I would maximize the NIL value and wrestle one more year.  He won't get another shot again and can still do MMA after the season.

Sean Mcdermott (PA Native) is a big time college wrestling fan.  Maybe he sneaks him on to the practice squad for a year.  Get some money in his pocket.  I do think there is a niche in the NFL for former wrestlers to develop techniques that can translate to becoming a tackling coach.  It's god awful at times watching NFL d's trying to tackle.  Terrible form and technique

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted