Gable Steveson

I Google the #.    How on earth do you not know you’re about to be fired?   He had one televised match in 3 years right?   He absolutely does not deserve a wrestle off.  

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

1 hour ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

Is there any chance we can get a wrestle off before the Olympics.

No and nor should he. 

• Bob 3
  • Brain 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Disappointed_Badger_Fan said:

So I just seen he got released from wwe. Is there any chance we can get a wrestle off before the Olympics.

Not for him. He chose his path and now is Mr. Irrelevance.

He can join Rulon as a perennial name to come up with each Olympic cycle.

Edited by AgaveMaria
  • Bob 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

I look forward to hearing how he got here. By here I mean someone who doesn't matter.

From the first big NIL/employment contract, to a slow slide toward irrelevance, to a series of flirtations with returning to the place he has relevance, to a weird backtrack, to a fast slide to finally arrive at irrelevance just in time to miss out by mere weeks a chance to matter again.

I would love to here his version of conversations had with WWE bosses and the decisions made. Knowing what both parties know now I have to believe neither would have chosen that contract followed by a waste of so many prime years.

No third NCAA title, no World title, no second Olympic title, no WWE success either. At what price?

• Bob 5
  • Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

47 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

No third NCAA title, no World title, no second Olympic title, no WWE success either. At what price?

Exactly. Could have done it all and probably still landed in WWE. Maybe Another lesser promotion picks him up or he capitalized off his “comeback” to USA wrestling. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well it will be interesting to see what Gable’s next move will be, does he return to wrestling or does he move on to MMA. I am sure Dana White would love to have him. But it could be that Gable has other plans altogether. 

21 minutes ago, de4856 said:

Well it will be interesting to see what Gable’s next move will be, does he return to wrestling or does he move on to MMA. I am sure Dana White would love to have him. But it could be that Gable has other plans altogether. 

UFC is owned by the same parent company as WWE, and at this point, UFC is more about entertainment than actual athletics/competition.  It would have made zero sense to keep him hidden for three years and then have him try UFC.  

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Hoping he has pocketed at least $500k he can invest.  Don’t touch.  With real rate of return of 5% he can have almost $3M in today’s dollars in 35 yrs or perhaps $6M+ in nominal terms.  Good nest egg for retirement.  And that is before he adds to it from whatever career he picks.

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He is still younger then everyone on the Olympic team except brooks , he can step back into training tomorrow and by next year the spot is his 

He can't have an Olympic spot until 2028 when the games will be held in Los Angeles, CA.

His planning so far shows he and his team of advisors don't know how to plan worth a damn.

• Bob 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

47 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Hoping he has pocketed at least $500k he can invest.  Don’t touch.  With real rate of return of 5% he can have almost $3M in today’s dollars in 35 yrs or perhaps $6M+ in nominal terms.  Good nest egg for retirement.  And that is before he adds to it from whatever career he picks.

Did you just come from the personal finance subreddit?

• Brain 1

5 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Not for him. He chose his path and now is Mr. Irrelevance.

He can join Rulon as a perennial name to come up with each Olympic cycle.

Rulon is more accomplished than Gable.  Two Oly Medals and a World Gold

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

2 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Real rate of 5%? Where do you get that today?

Gable is a pup. Let him grow up.

Correct.

Assuming he hasn’t messed himself up physically in pre-WWE, he could very well come back and make multiple Olympic teams.

Maybe this will light a fire under his ass and he’ll light up Zare/Massoumi in 2028 for, and in front of, the good ol’ US of A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Real rate of 5%? Where do you get that today?

Reasonable long term - market return of 7-8% and inflation in the 2.5% range.  Market has far surpassed that the past 5, 10, 15 and 20 yr periods.  Doesn’t guarantee future but I went with a reasonable figure.

• Bob 1