Penn State fans booing Jordan Burroughs

1 hour ago, peanut said:

Penn State versus JB is hilarious. He lives three hours away from State College. You guys should be trying to convince him to move, or at least to work out in State College sometimes, or help prep guys for specific matches. I’m sure there’s mutual respect. 

I'm an ASU guy. I don't really have a dog in this fight. I love how JB wrestles I just wish he was mute. I kind of feel the same about Penn state except I'm more in awe of what they are doing than love how they are winning.

52 minutes ago, skandar said:

lol this tournament had nothing to do with PSU. These were all Americans wrestling to represent the country. Sorry you and the idiot Pennsylvania fans are too dumb to comprehend that. 

JB was literally answering a question. He didn’t bring it up. Carter “piss on his grave/spit on his face” Starocci is the one of the biggest trash bags in the sport. You’re all the dumbest hypocrites I’ve even seen.

He wasn't answering a question. That was during the match. After the match he was talking about himself instead of the guy the who he should be talking about. Stating plainly he would be coming after starocci and his bad knee. Making the whole thing about himself rather than giving props and trying to cut a promo. Let the guy who just won cut the promo. Nothing at NCAAs was about Jordan and he couldn't shut up about himself. Even referring to himself in the third person. Saying his own name during multiples finals matches. It's childish selfish behavior and if you don't beleive me go listen to people booing and sneering at him. Why do you think that happened if he's all class? Did the crowd boo like that every time someone beat a penn state guy? Nope. 

Jordan was literally paid to do what you’re talking about. He’s the biggest name in USA wrestling. He was hired for a reason. They wanted viewers to know it was JB they were listening to.

It’s absolutely hilarious that the PSU fan base is so offended by his innocuous comments, but have no problem defending a POS like Carter saying he’d piss on the grave and spit in the face of opponents.

No one is surprised though. This is the same fan base with a rich history of racism, sexism, and bigotry. Plus the whole pedophilia apologist deal. If there’s one fan base in the country that needs to learn to STFU it’s this one.

• Bob 1

These arguments are getting embarassing. Shit talking between the athletes = totally fine. Fans booing a heated opponent during the match, even if he is one of the greatest champions in our country's history = totally fine.  Fans booing a heated opponent after the match, even if he's one of the greatest champions in our country's history and he may have just wrestled his last match = hmmm, kinda lame but maybe you can let it slide.  60 year old fan running over to the rail to scream at a heated opponent/one of the greatest champions in our country's history to go home and his career is over = ....I mean, it's a free country, but you look like a moron.

Anyone criticizing the athletes for being arrogant, guess what, they're all arrogant to some degree.  Get over yourself.  You can't be siding with Carter Starocci and Bo Nickal because the other, far more successful wrestler is arrogant.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 2

Ferrari got bood too.....that's what happens when you push someone.

Jbs was actually much harder then Ferrari.

Ferraris was commonplace and would be unnoticed if the opponent didn't get up and run at him. Messenbrink would of not done shit to Ferraris push. Normal proceedings 

Edited by alliseeisgold

If you've never pushed someone, retaliated or almost got in a fight while wrestling a match, I have to wonder if you ever wrestled.

Booing is one thing. What that dude wearing the NLWC gear yelled at JB was classless loser level $hit. Unless he was the father of Facundo, Mesenbrink or Nolf, he should have kept his ass on his hands and stayed in his seat (and Facundo, Mes and Nolf's fathers have all seen enough wrestling that they wouldn't have done what that d!ck did).

• Bob 1

17 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

think if Dieringer had scored even one point, the result of th

5 hours ago, forkemaz said:

He's criticizing him for accepting and gift and then shitting on the person who gave it to him. JB fan boys are pathetic. He talks so much shit. This is what happens when you talk shit and then walk into the lions den. You get booed and heckled.

PSU fans haven't forgotten JB talking about himself at nationals immediately after Carter wins a historic 4th title. Before any kind of congratulations or any kind of talk about a potential 5th title JB HAD to talk about himself and his goals to take out starocci in the coming weeks and yes he mentioned going after an injury. No one loves JB more than JB not even you knob slobberers.

I'm not going to list all the reasons JB isn't getting love and is getting booed but it's not out of nowhere.

Oh Christ...this shit again? He was asked, it wasn't about him, he was making the OBVIOUS observation that he'd be attacking and trying to get to that leg.

This isn't kids club, nothing wrong with what he said. If that's not part of the equation in your head at that level...well, you're probably not at that level. 

Bo Nickal said some stupid shit and got people worked up over the DUMBEST shit ever. 

8 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Oh Christ...this shit again? He was asked, it wasn't about him, he was making the OBVIOUS observation that he'd be attacking and trying to get to that leg.

This isn't kids club, nothing wrong with what he said. If that's not part of the equation in your head at that level...well, you're probably not at that level. 

Bo Nickal said some stupid shit and got people worked up over the DUMBEST shit ever. 

I mean it’s not like Bo said he could beat up a grown azz chimpanzee.   Wait he did lol.   Ha.  

I mean spitting In his face would have been an acceptable retort right ?   https://www.facebook.com/share/r/3j2mECKiLkTZoRHC/?mibextid=tmsC9e

Edited by Caveira

13 hours ago, VakAttack said:

just went back to watch Mesenbrink-Burroughs again. Mesenbrink was being a dick throughout.  That's fine (honestly, I'm a fan of both him and the antics), but if you're going to be a dick, sometimes you're going to get popped, lol. 

I see it he same way...but I don't even see Mesenbrink being a dick. He's just SO amped up and Wrestles at such a high level...

Sometimes this shit seems performative(I'm thinking of a fairly recent Iowa Wrestler...not a 133 LB Iowa Wrestler) and sometimes it feels like it just comes from being really locked in and having that type of mentality. 

I do think it'd be annoying and I'd THINK he was an asshole, but I don't think MM is trying to be one. I think he probably really respects JB and just wants to win. Just wanted to push the pace as that's his best chance. I think we're making more of this than necessary. 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, skandar said:

Jordan was literally paid to do what you’re talking about. He’s the biggest name in USA wrestling. He was hired for a reason. They wanted viewers to know it was JB they were listening to.

It’s absolutely hilarious that the PSU fan base is so offended by his innocuous comments, but have no problem defending a POS like Carter saying he’d piss on the grave and spit in the face of opponents.

No one is surprised though. This is the same fan base with a rich history of racism, sexism, and bigotry. Plus the whole pedophilia apologist deal. If there’s one fan base in the country that needs to learn to STFU it’s this one.

God you are such a douchebag , do you have friends in the real world ? 3 days of you ranting and dissing PSU fans , pa residents , penn state athletes then you re gonna call Starocci a piece of shit when you just talked shit and labeled and slandered an entire fan base as 10 different things . Maybe Starocci should spit in your face 

JB was definitely not paid to refer to himself as a the goat and talk about himself in the 3rd person

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

He wasn't asked and you just keep saying it like it's true. I'm done with you. He was asked once not twice. Directly after the match he was not asked and continued to talk about himself. Don't @ me again. You don't even know what you're talking about.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

He wasn't asked and you just keep saying it like it's true. I'm done with you. He was asked once not twice. Directly after the match he was not asked and continued to talk about himself. Don't @ me again. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Then be done. I couldn't care less.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

God you are such a douchebag , do you have friends in the real world ? 3 days of you ranting and dissing PSU fans , pa residents , penn state athletes then you re gonna call Starocci a piece of shit when you just talked shit and labeled and slandered an entire fan base as 10 different things . Maybe Starocci should spit in your face 

JB was definitely not paid to refer to himself as a the goat and talk about himself in the 3rd person

Slandered an entire fan base? 

Who Starroci?  Or some internet guy?  lol

"I'll spit in your face."   c starrocci.  lol

For those asking what makes JB a great ambassador for the sport… I have to wonder if you were even following international wrestling 10-13 years ago? JB was to USA wrestling as Caitlyn Clark is to women’s basketball. He brought the spotlight to our sport again. He was the first wrestler to have a big presence on social media and he did it well. He created an international fan base including a huge fan base in Iran. His interviews were very well spoken. He truly was the face of USA wrestling for a long time, and helped lay the foundation for the success our country is seeing today. After all he has done for this sport and his country, his own countrymen boo him at (most likely) his last competition ever! He didn’t even get a chance to take off his shoes and retire because he was probably afraid he would be booed. So sad and embarrassing 

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

For those asking what makes JB a great ambassador for the sport… I have to wonder if you were even following international wrestling 10-13 years ago? JB was to USA wrestling as Caitlyn Clark is to women’s basketball. He brought the spotlight to our sport again. He was the first wrestler to have a big presence on social media and he did it well. He created an international fan base including a huge fan base in Iran. His interviews were very well spoken. He truly was the face of USA wrestling for a long time, and helped lay the foundation for the success our country is seeing today. After all he has done for this sport and his country, his own countrymen boo him at (most likely) his last competition ever! He didn’t even get a chance to take off his shoes and retire because he was probably afraid he would be booed. So sad and embarrassing 

There were very few booing him in the crowd, and if you watch the video of his walk out and slow it down like I did I heard several people yelling we love you Jordan, two guys a couple rows up said you are the GOAT, thanks for everything. .  This booing bullshit is overblown.    One man accosted him in the entrance to the tunnel, the man was an idiot,  but who is to say he was even a PSU fan.

2 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

There were very few booing him in the crowd, and if you watch the video of his walk out and slow it down like I did I heard several people yelling we love you Jordan, two guys a couple rows up said you are the GOAT, thanks for everything. .  This booing bullshit is overblown.    One man accosted him in the entrance to the tunnel, the man was an idiot,  but who is to say he was even a PSU fan.

That one's pretty easy, he was wearing an NLWC shirt.

• Bob 3

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

That one's pretty easy, he was wearing an NLWC shirt.

Fair enough,  didn't see his shirt,  but that is the only thing I saw in the video that was nasty. I heard him getting some praise though and could hardly hear any booing. 

24 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Were you there? The arena was erupting with boos after he walked out from the messenbrink match. It was definitely a large majority of the crowd

Edited by Eagle26

2 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Were you there? The arena was erupting with boos after he walked out from the messenbrink match. It was definitely a large majority of the crowd

i might have booed him after the Mesenbrink match,  he smacked the kid in the head.   I'm talking about the Nolf match.

9 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

i might have booed him after the Mesenbrink match,  he smacked the kid in the head.   I'm talking about the Nolf match.

And smacked him again when he went to shake his coach's hand!

There's something wrong with you as a fan if you are NOT booing that.  

Big fan of JB but what he did in that match was as boo-worthy as it gets. 

• Stalling 1

7 hours ago, skandar said:

I don't know if they instructed him to yap, I thought it was more that they hired Cormier to do that and Burroughs was just trying to keep up with Cormier.  When Burroughs announced with Gibbons in the Iowa/Iowa State match it was a nice pleasant respectful cerebral pairing.  

• Fire 1