Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Foca:  "I know he is going to use this year as motivation for great offseason training. He will be back for the money next year?"

Maybe possibly FIFY?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

If Brock Delsignore ends up announcing a transfer to Purdue before vanishing from the wrestling world all together, he would be the third guy to do so in consecutive years at 174/184 going from NC State to Purdue after Jacob Null and Joey Milano preceded him.

13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I guess he really only wrestled for 2 years, but I thought Fernandes would pan out better.  He had one of (maybe the) the most dominant NJ state title runs ever.

I can't remember how tough the path to his junior season title was, but he pretty much outclassed everyone his senior year by a very wide margin.  Who knows what happened afterward though.  Covid comes, maybe the focus shifts from the sport over to Wall Street more.  I do remember hearing that he had to be convinced to come back even this season.

14 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

I can't remember how tough the path to his junior season title was, but he pretty much outclassed everyone his senior year by a very wide margin.  Who knows what happened afterward though.  Covid comes, maybe the focus shifts from the sport over to Wall Street more.  I do remember hearing that he had to be convinced to come back even this season.

Senior year- won every match by fall- https://cornellbigred.com/sports/wrestling/roster/lewis-fernandes/75197

13 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

I don't mean to harp on the guy, because he is going to have a more successful life than anyone could imagine, but it appears his focus was education and long-term mental health.

When other guys (Parris, Kerk, Davison) were gym-ratting it, he was focusing on how to be successful in life.  He didn't do anything wrong, he just didn't hit the weights as hard.  It left him behind a bit and as he needed to rely on superior athleticism more to play catch-up with gents like them and Batista, it wore on his body more.

The guy will be fine and I do wish him the absolute best.

• Bob 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

Hah, makes sense.  I remember the buzz around the state tournament that year was over the runner-up who had come from a very low seed to make the finals.  Everyone knew the pin in the finals was inevitable though.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I don't mean to harp on the guy, because he is going to have a more successful life than anyone could imagine, but it appears his focus was education and long-term mental health.

When other guys (Parris, Kerk, Davison) were gym-ratting it, he was focusing on how to be successful in life.  He didn't do anything wrong, he just didn't hit the weights as hard.  It left him behind a bit and as he needed to rely on superior athleticism more to play catch-up with gents like them and Batista, it wore on his body more.

The guy will be fine and I do wish him the absolute best.

He will absolutely have a great life ahead of him, and wish nothing but the best.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Actually when he wrestled the #2 ranked guy in the state from Bound Brook for the 1st time that season he teched him like 17-0 bc “he wanted to show he could do more then just pin people “

Also had some forfeits

1 hour ago, BloodRound said:

He was ranked like 3-4 range at 215 most of his junior behind one of the Accardi and Scott Delveccio brother then bumped up to heavy for the post season and was never challenged and never looked back. 

man I would’ve bet the farm ( Fernandes grew up on a farm with his brothers who are all bigger then him somehow lol) that he would’ve AAed , his first 2 seasons he was wrestling close matches with Kerkvilet, glad to hear he has his career and is set up nicely for life but man disappointing that he never AAed

So here is my question. If Cardenas and Fernandas are done with Ivy eligibility then how are Foca and Ramirez not. They all wrestled for Spartan Combatin 2020. Then they all are listed at Cornell in 2021 (Although Cornell didn't wrestle that year). Then all four of them have been in the Cornell lineup the last three years (2022,20223, 2024). So if Cardenas and Fernandes eligibility is done... So should Foca and Ramirez. Now they can transfer for graduate school and wrestle a year more. But I am not seeing how they still can wrestle for Cornell. Am I missing something?

17 minutes ago, killdozer said:

So here is my question. If Cardenas and Fernandas are done with Ivy eligibility then how are Foca and Ramirez not. They all wrestled for Spartan Combatin 2020. Then they all are listed at Cornell in 2021 (Although Cornell didn't wrestle that year). Then all four of them have been in the Cornell lineup the last three years (2022,20223, 2024). So if Cardenas and Fernandes eligibility is done... So should Foca and Ramirez. Now they can transfer for graduate school and wrestle a year more. But I am not seeing how they still can wrestle for Cornell. Am I missing something?

I believe Foca and Ramirez were unenrolled part of the time

16 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I wish Flo would update their portal list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fly would like a word out back.  🤨

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Joel Jesuroga has entered the portal

He's not the "the good one right"? That one decided he couldn't wrestle and be a navy seal for some reason.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

10 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

He's not the "the good one right"? That one decided he couldn't wrestle and be a navy seal for some reason.

Correct.

• Bob 1

21 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Curious how the lineup shakes out for @ILLINIWrestlingBlog and his squad.  Here's a guess from me

125: Ruzic 

133: Byrd

141: Attasauov

149: Pucino

157: Webster

165: MiniBraun

174: Ruth

184: Connell

197: MegaBraun

285: Luffman

Interesting Attasauov put #125 on this post.... He was 133 all 4 years at ISU...You would think he would go up. 

What was his story this year? He has no stats and isn't listed for 2024 in Wrestlestat. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well....Webster is registered for the U20 US Open at 70 kg and not 65.  Just sayin'....but IL is hurtin' at 125.  I tend to believe Attasauov's post that he will be 125

Edited by Hillbilly Jim
added comment
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1