Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Camacho leaving may be a sign that Tallmadge from navy is transferring in he’s the 133 Santaniello cousin 

great call.  and how fun for the parents?  They could roll out cousin at 125 with two brothers Santaniello at 133 and 141.  All on the same team - that's like a dream come true for a parent.

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

great call.  and how fun for the parents?  They could roll out cousin at 125 with two brothers Santaniello at 133 and 141.  All on the same team - that's like a dream come true for a parent.

Definitely would save on travel expenses , the 3 of them were all state champs all in a row back in 2021..

Szuba the top 20 heavyweight for rider and a top 10 recruit in Lundington going to ASU in 2 seasons also from the same high school , not bad for a public school 

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Delgado coaches at Brown , has for the past few years 

He did coach at Brown, but he's been back in Champaign, ILLINOIS for months. Brian Swaw and I interviewed him for The Threeeee Is the New Twooooo Podcast a couple weeks ago. He's the head coach at Relentless Training Center South. If you live in the greater Champaign area and want your kid to be an NCAA Champion....

What a great pleasure it was to talk to him!

On another note, I'm now completely persuaded that the Ramazan Attasuaov transfer is real and not an April Fool's prank. Coach Poeta posted it on social media.  

My questions for Cyclone fans and anybody else familiar with him: Was he wrestling up a weight at 133 for ISU? Was that the weight he wrestled because it made for the strongest possible lineup? Did he look like he could drop 8 pounds? What was your opinion of him as a wrestler? He was in the program for four years, but it looks like he has two years of eligibility remaining because of Covid and a redshirt. Is that true? Is he able to beat Terukina? Why do you choose to live in Iowa? He qualified for the NCAAs but got injured. What was that injury, and has he seemed to have gotten past it? 

Ramazan's beaten some quality wrestlers so far in his journey, including Tony Madrigal (x2), the #1 NAIA wrestler, NCAA qualifiers Jake Gliva, Ethan Oakley, Angelo Rini, Julian Farber, Connor Brown, Sidney Flores (x2), Derrick Cardinal, Sean Carter and Dustin Norris, as well as Cullan Schriever, Cory Land and lost by two to Vito Arujau and Austin DeSanto. Hoping for the best. 

• Brain 1

12 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Definitely would save on travel expenses , the 3 of them were all state champs all in a row back in 2021..

Szuba the top 20 heavyweight for rider and a top 10 recruit in Lundington going to ASU in 2 seasons also from the same high school , not bad for a public school 

Brick Memorial has a longstanding tradition of being a perennial state power in New Jersey.  Even still, their recent influx of kids going D1 is very impressive.

34 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

Brick Memorial has a longstanding tradition of being a perennial state power in New Jersey.  Even still, their recent influx of kids going D1 is very impressive.

No doubt Brick Memorial has been good for the past 30-40 years but outside of Santos taking 3rd for Columbia I can’t think of another D1 guy from there , and depending of Szuba eligibility they could have as many as 5 guys wrestling D1 at one time in 2 seasons  , pretty crazy nowadays for a public school regardless of history 

40 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

No doubt Brick Memorial has been good for the past 30-40 years but outside of Santos taking 3rd for Columbia I can’t think of another D1 guy from there , and depending of Szuba eligibility they could have as many as 5 guys wrestling D1 at one time in 2 seasons  , pretty crazy nowadays for a public school regardless of history 

Tony Caravella was an AA for Bloomsburg from wayyyy back in the day. 

17 hours ago, feet2back said:

Rutgers AA 285 Yaraslau Slavikouski enters portal..Michigan likely

Is Michigan likely because they prefer 1 year mercenaries  or is there any actual intel that he is looking there?   Everyone thought Hamiti was Michigan as well but he picked OSU very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Is Michigan likely because they prefer 1 year mercenaries  or is there any actual intel that he is looking there?   Everyone thought Hamiti was Michigan as well but he picked OSU very quickly.

Word was that he was going there last year, until they landed Davison.  It would make sense that some sort of deal may be in place.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

It's because everyone assumes Michigan for every transfer. It's almost like a running gag now. There's been rumors of Buchanan, Max Dean, Hamiti, and none of those were true. It's just Mineo making guesses then everyone just believes him. My Michigan connection told me yesterday there's no truth to the Yara stuff.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

52 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

Aaaaaaand called it.

Yep- I agreed with you...but I still give you first credit. Glad to see smaller schools getting guys. I think it will be a good fit for him. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

20 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

It's because everyone assumes Michigan for every transfer. It's almost like a running gag now. There's been rumors of Buchanan, Max Dean, Hamiti, and none of those were true. It's just Mineo making guesses then everyone just believes him. My Michigan connection told me yesterday there's no truth to the Yara stuff.

There is a reason everyone assumes Michigan for every transfer. Based on history it's Iowa or Michigan. Obviously it's not going to be true in every case, but the reality is Iowa and Michigan have earned the speculation. If not Yara, will it someone else or are they standing pat with their roster at HWT? 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

22 minutes ago, Idaho said:

There is a reason everyone assumes Michigan for every transfer. Based on history it's Iowa or Michigan. Obviously it's not going to be true in every case, but the reality is Iowa and Michigan have earned the speculation. If not Yara, will it someone else or are they standing pat with their roster at HWT? 

OK State and Penn State also get their fair share of transfers.

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yep- I agreed with you...but I still give you first credit. Glad to see smaller schools getting guys. I think it will be a good fit for him. 

We'll see.  His track record suggests otherwise, but Rider does seem to be a great place for Jersey guys who need a 2nd (or 4th, in his case) chance.

• Potato 1

52 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

People are just pissy that the portal paid off for Michigan.  Penn State doesn't get as much flack either, but they do get flack because it's easier to hate them for winning everything.

It didn't pay off for OSU or Iowa.  If it had, they would be the punch line.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me