Jump to content

Transfer Portal


Recommended Posts

For Minnesota some guys who may enter the portal depending on the situation. 
 

Hunter Lyden was hyped last offseason as why Cael Carlson transferred. Never beat out Blaine Brenner who is undersized.

Gavin Nelson came in from Simley as a Blue Chip recruit and was 14-9 last season. If Isaiah Salazar moves up to 197 to make room for Max McEnelly, he is a guy you could see hit the road. Salazar could move on as well, I hope Nelson stays and continues to develop. Will Short is one of the best high school coaches in the nation. Past Simley guys Jake Short, Nick Wanzek and Jake Gliva all were NCAA qualifiers but failed to AA.

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Hunter Lyden was hyped last offseason as why Cael Carlson transferred. Never beat out Blaine Brenner who is undersized.

Shouldn't we be talking about Hunter Lyden in the non-wrestling topics? 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

For Minnesota some guys who may enter the portal depending on the situation. 
 

Hunter Lyden was hyped last offseason as why Cael Carlson transferred. Never beat out Blaine Brenner who is undersized.

Gavin Nelson came in from Simley as a Blue Chip recruit and was 14-9 last season. If Isaiah Salazar moves up to 197 to make room for Max McEnelly, he is a guy you could see hit the road. Salazar could move on as well, I hope Nelson stays and continues to develop. Will Short is one of the best high school coaches in the nation. Past Simley guys Jake Short, Nick Wanzek and Jake Gliva all were NCAA qualifiers but failed to AA.

Rumor is Salazar, if he comes back, will head down to 174lbs.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumor is Salazar, if he comes back, will head down to 174lbs.

He is coming back. There’ll be a wrestle off for 184.

Salazar and McEnelly lose to every 197 in the gopher room. Bumping up isn’t an option. Salazar going down certainly could be, from what I hear. If Salazar beats McEnelly for the spot and McEnelly transfers out, I will openly be wanting Eggum out. Cannot happen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

I have a tough time believing that McEnelly and Salazar lose to guys like Gabe Nagel and Gavin Nelson based on results on the mat. 

Both Nagel and Nelson have quite the cut to 197.  In the room wrestking against each other there is probably a 20 pound difference 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I added hometown in case it can shed any light on locations that might be more favorable for the wrestler in question.

 

Weight WS Rank Athlete 2024-25 Year Hometown Transferring From Transferring To
165 4 Dean Hamiti Senior Joliet, IL Wisconsin Oklahoma State
197 5 Jacob Cardenas Graduate Kearny, NJ Cornell  
174 6 Lennox Wolak Graduate Columbus, OH Columbia Virginia Tech
184 6 Chris Foca Graduate Cliffside Park, NJ Cornell  
165 16 Caleb Fish Graduate Eaton Rapids, MI Michigan State  
157 22 Chase Saldate Senior Gilroy, CA Michigan State Michigan
133 23 Connor McGonagle Graduate Danville, NH Lehigh  
197 25 Evan Bockman Graduate Anchorage, AK Utah Valley  
165 30 Josh Ogunsanya Graduate River Forest, IL Columbia  
184 32 Brock Delsignore Junior Ballston Lake, NY NC State  
133 34 Sidney Flores Graduate West Covina, CA Air Force  
125 37 Nick Babin Graduate Westwood, NJ Columbia  
149 37 Sammy Alvarez Graduate Garfield, NJ Oklahoma State  
157 38 Jason Kraisser Graduate Ellicott City, MD Iowa State  
197 44 Spencer Mooberry Junior Osage, IA NDSU  
141 48 Nathan Higley Sophomore Sullivan County, PA George Mason  
157 51 Brock McMillen Junior Coalport, PA Pitt  
197 56 Carter Blough Sophomore Lowell, MI Michigan State  
125 57 Evan Tallmadge Freshman Brick NJ Navy  
197 63 Billy Janzer Junior Elk Township, NJ Rutgers  
184 63 James Lledo Graduate Lower Merrion, PA Pitt  
125 71 Dominic Chavez Junior Arlington, TX Presbyterian  
174 73 Darrien Roberts Graduate Bethlehem, PA Oklahoma Morgan State
285 79 Xavier Doolin Junior Kansas City, MO Northern Colorado  
285 80 Ryan Boersma Sophomore Channahon, IL Missouri  
141 83 Benjamin Lunn Graduate Shakopee, MN Minnesota  
125 85 Zachary Espalin Junior GIlbert, AZ Navy  
184 97 Branson Britten Junior Amarillo, TX Northern Colorado  
285 102 Billy Brosko Freshman Newtown Square, PA Drexel  
174 112 Braden Welch Sophomore Ashland, OH App State  
174 113 Devin Wasley Sophomore Hammond, WI Minnesota  
165 115 Carson Miller Freshman Granville, OH Pitt  
149 116 Bretli Reyna Junior Homestead, FL Iowa  
285 119 Gage Cook Sophomore Granger, WA Army  
197 123 Cameo Blankenship Graduate McRae, GA Davidson  
125 125 Aedyn Concepcion Senior Anchorage, AK Gardner-Webb  
157 126 Lorenzo Rajaonarivelo Graduate Arlington, VA George Mason  
133 132 Kyle Rowan Graduate Perry, OH Stanford  
174 134 Zachary Wells Graduate Sterling Heights, IM Presbyterian  
197 137 Coen Grimm Freshman Wadsworth, OH Buffalo  
133 139 Giovanni Diaz Graduate Valparaiso, IN Franklin & Marshall  
133 140 Korbin Shepherd Junior Blue Springs, MO Missouri  
184 144 Damen Pape Junior Hastings, NE Northern Colorado  
165 147 Brant Whitaker Junior Boonville, MO Missouri  
125 162 Jacob Houpt Freshman Canonsburg, PA Kent State  
285 163 Max Acciardi Freshman Woodcliff Lake, NJ Cal Baptist  
141 172 Cam Soda Junior Burlington, MA Edinboro  
174 173 Hayden Pummel Junior Indian Lake, OH Northern Illinois  
157 177 Kaiden Wagner Sophomore Lewisburg, PA Lock Haven  
184 182 Anthony DeRosa Junior MIlford, NJ Bloomsburg  
184 184 Connor Strong Senior Bel Air, MD Penn  
133 185 Braxton Fries Sophomore Easton, PA Ohio State  
125 191 Jacob Joyce Freshman Ponaganset, RI Stanford  
125 191 Keegan Schlabach Freshman Lagrange, IN Clarion  
125 191 Zachary Jacaruso Freshman Milford, PA George Mason  
197 196 Macray Klohs Freshman Plymouth, MN NDSU  
197 197 Brett Wittman Senior Appleton, WI Clarion  
141 209 Peyton Moore Sophomore Fulton, MO Missouri  
285 212 Carson Hatch Senior Hughson, CA CSU Bakersfield  
133 213 Drew Cooper Freshman Omaha, NE Nebraska  
285 224 Peter Casale Sophomore Little Falls, NJ Rutgers  
141 245 Hunter Sloan Freshman Doylestown, PA Bucknell  
133 249 Spencer Von Savoye Freshman Oakdale, CA Cal Baptist  
165 249 Zane Licht Freshman Prairie du Sac, WI NDSU  
165 251 Griffin Ray Freshman Hillsboro, MO Nebraska  
165 253 Sam Beckett Sophomore Harleysville, PA Stanford  
157 258 Aiden Smith Sophomore Brighton, MI Northern Illinois  
165 259 Brady Conlin Freshman Williamstown, NJ Rider  
174 264 Jacob Yawn Graduate Shreveport, LA Cornell  
141 265 Kaiser Simpson Freshman Cushing, OK Cal Baptist  
165 268 Tyler Martinez Freshman Plano, IL Northern Illinois  
141 269 Tanner Frothinger Freshman Eagle, ID Nebraska  
157 291 Michael Duggan Freshman Boiling Springs, PA Bloomsburg  
  • Brain 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

 

I added hometown in case it can shed any light on locations that might be more favorable for the wrestler in question.

 

Weight WS Rank Athlete 2024-25 Year Hometown Transferring From Transferring To
165 4 Dean Hamiti Senior Joliet, IL Wisconsin Oklahoma State
197 5 Jacob Cardenas Graduate Kearny, NJ Cornell  
174 6 Lennox Wolak Graduate Columbus, OH Columbia Virginia Tech
184 6 Chris Foca Graduate Cliffside Park, NJ Cornell  
165 16 Caleb Fish Graduate Eaton Rapids, MI Michigan State  
157 22 Chase Saldate Senior Gilroy, CA Michigan State Michigan
133 23 Connor McGonagle Graduate Danville, NH Lehigh  
197 25 Evan Bockman Graduate Anchorage, AK Utah Valley  
165 30 Josh Ogunsanya Graduate River Forest, IL Columbia  
184 32 Brock Delsignore Junior Ballston Lake, NY NC State  
133 34 Sidney Flores Graduate West Covina, CA Air Force  
125 37 Nick Babin Graduate Westwood, NJ Columbia  
149 37 Sammy Alvarez Graduate Garfield, NJ Oklahoma State  
157 38 Jason Kraisser Graduate Ellicott City, MD Iowa State  
197 44 Spencer Mooberry Junior Osage, IA NDSU  
141 48 Nathan Higley Sophomore Sullivan County, PA George Mason  
157 51 Brock McMillen Junior Coalport, PA Pitt  
197 56 Carter Blough Sophomore Lowell, MI Michigan State  
125 57 Evan Tallmadge Freshman Brick NJ Navy  
197 63 Billy Janzer Junior Elk Township, NJ Rutgers  
184 63 James Lledo Graduate Lower Merrion, PA Pitt  
125 71 Dominic Chavez Junior Arlington, TX Presbyterian  
174 73 Darrien Roberts Graduate Bethlehem, PA Oklahoma Morgan State
285 79 Xavier Doolin Junior Kansas City, MO Northern Colorado  
285 80 Ryan Boersma Sophomore Channahon, IL Missouri  
141 83 Benjamin Lunn Graduate Shakopee, MN Minnesota  
125 85 Zachary Espalin Junior GIlbert, AZ Navy  
184 97 Branson Britten Junior Amarillo, TX Northern Colorado  
285 102 Billy Brosko Freshman Newtown Square, PA Drexel  
174 112 Braden Welch Sophomore Ashland, OH App State  
174 113 Devin Wasley Sophomore Hammond, WI Minnesota  
165 115 Carson Miller Freshman Granville, OH Pitt  
149 116 Bretli Reyna Junior Homestead, FL Iowa  
285 119 Gage Cook Sophomore Granger, WA Army  
197 123 Cameo Blankenship Graduate McRae, GA Davidson  
125 125 Aedyn Concepcion Senior Anchorage, AK Gardner-Webb  
157 126 Lorenzo Rajaonarivelo Graduate Arlington, VA George Mason  
133 132 Kyle Rowan Graduate Perry, OH Stanford  
174 134 Zachary Wells Graduate Sterling Heights, IM Presbyterian  
197 137 Coen Grimm Freshman Wadsworth, OH Buffalo  
133 139 Giovanni Diaz Graduate Valparaiso, IN Franklin & Marshall  
133 140 Korbin Shepherd Junior Blue Springs, MO Missouri  
184 144 Damen Pape Junior Hastings, NE Northern Colorado  
165 147 Brant Whitaker Junior Boonville, MO Missouri  
125 162 Jacob Houpt Freshman Canonsburg, PA Kent State  
285 163 Max Acciardi Freshman Woodcliff Lake, NJ Cal Baptist  
141 172 Cam Soda Junior Burlington, MA Edinboro  
174 173 Hayden Pummel Junior Indian Lake, OH Northern Illinois  
157 177 Kaiden Wagner Sophomore Lewisburg, PA Lock Haven  
184 182 Anthony DeRosa Junior MIlford, NJ Bloomsburg  
184 184 Connor Strong Senior Bel Air, MD Penn  
133 185 Braxton Fries Sophomore Easton, PA Ohio State  
125 191 Jacob Joyce Freshman Ponaganset, RI Stanford  
125 191 Keegan Schlabach Freshman Lagrange, IN Clarion  
125 191 Zachary Jacaruso Freshman Milford, PA George Mason  
197 196 Macray Klohs Freshman Plymouth, MN NDSU  
197 197 Brett Wittman Senior Appleton, WI Clarion  
141 209 Peyton Moore Sophomore Fulton, MO Missouri  
285 212 Carson Hatch Senior Hughson, CA CSU Bakersfield  
133 213 Drew Cooper Freshman Omaha, NE Nebraska  
285 224 Peter Casale Sophomore Little Falls, NJ Rutgers  
141 245 Hunter Sloan Freshman Doylestown, PA Bucknell  
133 249 Spencer Von Savoye Freshman Oakdale, CA Cal Baptist  
165 249 Zane Licht Freshman Prairie du Sac, WI NDSU  
165 251 Griffin Ray Freshman Hillsboro, MO Nebraska  
165 253 Sam Beckett Sophomore Harleysville, PA Stanford  
157 258 Aiden Smith Sophomore Brighton, MI Northern Illinois  
165 259 Brady Conlin Freshman Williamstown, NJ Rider  
174 264 Jacob Yawn Graduate Shreveport, LA Cornell  
141 265 Kaiser Simpson Freshman Cushing, OK Cal Baptist  
165 268 Tyler Martinez Freshman Plano, IL Northern Illinois  
141 269 Tanner Frothinger Freshman Eagle, ID Nebraska  
157 291 Michael Duggan Freshman Boiling Springs, PA Bloomsburg  

Man your good... with all the activity that's about to happen, will you update at 3:00 pm today? That would be MT time. 

  • Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

 

125 85 Zachary Espalin Junior GIlbert, AZ Navy  
             

possibly a dumb question but how do you transfer from a service academy? Aren't they locked into some type of commitment? I know they are post graduation but I think there is after enrollment as well? anyone know the details? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bardamu911 said:

possibly a dumb question but how do you transfer from a service academy? Aren't they locked into some type of commitment? I know they are post graduation but I think there is after enrollment as well? anyone know the details? 

Espalin left the academy after his second year.  It's not a dumb question to me, because I asked the same to people on this board with regard to Evan Tallmadge.  It appears that it is easier to transfer out within the first two years - otherwise you would owe something back to the school.  

  • Racing Family 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Could be true.  Could be April fools.  It's gonna be a long day for me lol

Hoping Cal Poly or Purdue.  One best friend is at one school (Lamer) and the other is at Purdue (Rowley).

Hoping Rowley heads down to 174lbs next season as well.

  • Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Rogers lands at Cal Poly, then that makes up for the Saldate snub (for me).

Keep Lamer at 174lbs and Rogers at 184lbs.

  • Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Rogers hitting the portal to me also means Cardenas is probably agreeing to terms with Michigan as we speak

Possibly but Rogers just looked way too small at 197 and apparently Bullock was significantly ahead of him for the 184 spot. Might just be looking to go somewhere he can slot in and start at 184. 

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Rogers hitting the portal to me also means Cardenas is probably agreeing to terms with Michigan as we speak

Foca as well, possibly maybe. 🤩

  • Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Foca and Cardenas are in there. Ramirez and Fernandes are not to far behind. They all entered Cornell the same year in 2020/2021. Which means they have used up their 4 years of Ivy League eligibility.  Maybe all four are a package deal. If it Michigan it fits with 157- Saldante, 165- Ramirez, 174-Amine, 184-Foca, 197- Cardenas, 285- Fernandes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, killdozer said:

If Foca and Cardenas are in there. Ramirez and Fernandes are not to far behind. They all entered Cornell the same year in 2020/2021. Which means they have used up their 4 years of Ivy League eligibility.  Maybe all four are a package deal. If it Michigan it fits with 157- Saldante, 165- Ramirez, 174-Amine, 184-Foca, 197- Cardenas, 285- Fernandes

Me saying Foca is just me poking the bear.

I think and hope he stays put.

Fernandes is done.  No more for him.

There has been no noise on Ramirez.

  • Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Hoping Cal Poly or Purdue.  One best friend is at one school (Lamer) and the other is at Purdue (Rowley).

Hoping Rowley heads down to 174lbs next season as well.

But his bestest bestest friend is still at Michigan....Walters. 

So is he going to be on the move as well? Besties forever. 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Idaho said:

But his bestest bestest friend is still at Michigan....Walters. 

So is he going to be on the move as well? Besties forever. 

Damn, I hope not.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, killdozer said:

If Foca and Cardenas are in there. Ramirez and Fernandes are not to far behind. They all entered Cornell the same year in 2020/2021. Which means they have used up their 4 years of Ivy League eligibility.  Maybe all four are a package deal. If it Michigan it fits with 157- Saldante, 165- Ramirez, 174-Amine, 184-Foca, 197- Cardenas, 285- Fernandes

From Mike Grey's post-NCAA email update today:

Ramirez:  "He will be back and his best wrestling is ahead of him."

Foca:  "I know he is going to use this year as motivation for great offseason training. He will be back in the money next year!"

Cardenas:  "Jacob will graduate in May, and therefore cannot compete for Cornell next season. He will move on to another institution for graduate work and complete his last year of athletic eligibility. It's been a pleasure having Jacob represent Cornell University Wrestling and we wish him the best of luck!"

Fernandes:  No status, other than thanks!  Lewis told me he was done and has a job on Wall Street.

Sorry.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Nick Sahakian

    St. John Bosco, California
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Michigan
    Projected Weight: 285

    Anthony Rinehart

    Crown Point, Indiana
    Class of 2025
    Committed to California Baptist
    Projected Weight: 165

    Luke Satriano

    Valley Central, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 125, 133

    Evan Boblits

    St. Mary's Ryken, Maryland
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Navy
    Projected Weight: 149

    Gavin Jendreas

    Crown Point, Indiana
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Indiana
    Projected Weight: 125, 133
×
×
  • Create New...