Transfer Portal

30 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Curious how the lineup shakes out for @ILLINIWrestlingBlog and his squad.  Here's a guess from me

125: Ruzic 

133: Byrd

141: Attasauov

149: Pucino

157: Webster

165: MiniBraun

174: Ruth

184: Connell

197: MegaBraun

285: Luffman

I will guess

125- Attasauov

133- Byrd

141- Pucino

149- Webster

157- Scoles

165- Braunagel

174- Ruth

184- Connell

197- Braunagel

285- Luffman

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

One year of eligibility left.  Best Chittum and Brayton Lee at NCAAs.

Who needs a 157lber?

• Bob 1
  • Potato 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

45 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

One year of eligibility left.  Best Chittum and Brayton Lee at NCAAs.

Who needs a 157lber?

I wondered if he could follow in the footsteps of his former teammate Caleb Smith who became an AA after transfering from App State to Nebraska.  But that would mean Antrell Taylor staying at 165 instead of going back down to 157 with Robb having graduated.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Well....Webster is registered for the U20 US Open at 70 kg and not 65.  Just sayin'....but IL is hurtin' at 125.  I tend to believe Attasauov's post that he will be 125

I got so excited by the broader news that I totally missed that detail about 125.  That is very surprising to me! He was not a small 133.  I wondered what the heck happened to him last year.  I thought he had two year of eligibility remaining.  

Edited by flyingcement
removed reckless speculation
  • Fire 1

He is coming back. There’ll be a wrestle off for 184.

Salazar and McEnelly lose to every 197 in the gopher room. Bumping up isn’t an option. Salazar going down certainly could be, from what I hear. If Salazar beats McEnelly for the spot and McEnelly transfers out, I will openly be wanting Eggum out. Cannot happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t believe everything you hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Potato 1

13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I thought this was an April Fools prank, but all the guys on the team were reposting this on Instagram yesterday.

It would give Ruzic an opportunity to redshirt, but allow him to wrestle five dates on the calendar, while Caelan Riley can wrestle any other dates, so that, in theory, Attasauov only has to hit 125 a couple times during the season. 

Maybe certify, a random open, the Midlands, the BTT and NCAAs.

Then, you have Zane Richards there to provide expert advice on weight management, train with Jesse Delgado, Zane, Lucas Byrd, and all the folks they bring into the IRTC to work with Richards, as well as Ermak Kardanov (Euro bronze; formerly wrestled for Russia) in the IRTC to head the welcoming committee.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I thought this was an April Fools prank, but all the guys on the team were reposting this on Instagram yesterday.

It would give Ruzic an opportunity to redshirt, but allow him to wrestle five dates on the calendar, while Caelan Riley can wrestle any other dates, so that, in theory, Attasauov only has to hit 125 a couple times during the season. 

Then, you have Zane Richards there to provide expert advice on weight management, train with Jesse Delgado, Zane, Lucas Byrd, and all the folks they bring into the IRTC to work with Richards, as well as Ermak Kardanov (Euro bronze; formerly wrestled for Russia) in the IRTC to head the welcoming committee.

What about Byrd to 125 instead?

• Brain 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

32 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What about Byrd to 125 instead?

I've been told that I'm the worst judge of weight by folks on this board. I think they have a point. My thought is that Lucas Byrd is gonna go where Lucas Byrd feels he can do the most damage and, as he puts it, "put people on their heads." If Attasauov has #125 on his announcement, I'm going to say that's probably the plan. Cheers! 

I hope Scoles can make a jump this offseason I was huge on him in HS if they can maybe snag another transfer for 184 or heavy this is a podium contending team imo.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Might as well get an undergrad from Harvard and then graduate degrees from Rutgers an Michigan.

Do we refer to him as Dr. Slav this year? 

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

9 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Delgado coaches at Brown , has for the past few years