Transfer Portal

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Alvarez In the portal again 

Has to be as a graduate transfer this would be his 3 transfer maybe 4th I don’t remember if he decomitted from nc state or left ..tough break he probably would’ve scored more points then Williams but I understand ok state going with the freshman with big potential 

6 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Has to be as a graduate transfer this would be his 3 transfer maybe 4th I don’t remember if he decomitted from nc state or left ..tough break he probably would’ve scored more points then Williams but I understand ok state going with the freshman with big potential 

No he wouldn't have, Williams had a nice tournament.  Upset Rathjen in the 1st round, lost 7-2 to the National Champ Henson in the 2nd round and won another in the wrestle backs to go 2-2, he was likely never going to AA this year but he is a ton of potential and should get on the podium next year

1 hour ago, BloodRound said:

And I am willing to bet that it's Rider.

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

That would be my #1 pick as well. 

Might be tough, they have Bell coming back and he’s probably going 149 , they like bell a lot , he’s MAC champ and 2x NQ , going to be the captain of the team and they probably feel he has an AA run in him like Kinner

15 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Might be tough, they have Bell coming back and he’s probably going 149 , they like bell a lot , he’s MAC champ and 2x NQ , going to be the captain of the team and they probably feel he has an AA run in him like Kinner

Maybe so, but Rider is also known for being the second chance school for Jersey legends.  Some pan out (see: Kinner) & some don't (see: Matt Correnti).  

• Potato 1

2 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

No he wouldn't have, Williams had a nice tournament.  Upset Rathjen in the 1st round, lost 7-2 to the National Champ Henson in the 2nd round and won another in the wrestle backs to go 2-2, he was likely never going to AA this year but he is a ton of potential and should get on the podium next year

Alvarez would not have lost to Kinner, mostly just a style thing but he would have made it at least one round further 

15 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Unpopular opinion: Hamiti is fine and doesn't need to transfer.

His wrestling has looked a lot better this year. He was destroying just about everyone and went into the postseason with only 1 loss (Carr) and an 84% bonus rate. We all expected Hamiti to AA, but he had a tough draw in arguably the toughest weight and finished with losses to the national champion (Carr x2), the runner-up (MM), and Olejnik. No shame there. I don't think Bono or the program has failed Hamiti.

The problem is not with his results from this year. The problem is that his results are very similar to his freshman year results, aka he has not progressed. 

23 hours ago, MidwestMan said:

This has been on my mind also.  That bump of Whiting for Hawks was a head scratcher and I wondered if he was hurt till I heard Smith's explanation.  Hawks was one riding time point from being an AA, so I guess he was right in his thinking.  There is still a "log jam" with Hawks, Whiting, and Heriman.  If Kegan stays at 165 and one of those guys can drop to 174, that might help.  Sinclair is coming in to the mix and what is R. Elam doing?  Staying at 197 or bumping to hvy, or ?  Just a crystal ball at this point.

I think if Sinclair takes a RS and then Wrestles '74...Mizzou might not see much of a drop off after O'Toole.

I know that's a big statement, but he's on that level IMO. Why he wrestled 215...I'm really not sure(other than Mirasola was at '95 and he could do whatever he wanted), but he was ~185 at the State Tournament(or so I heard 3rd hand) and he's not exactly lean, so I think he'd easily certify at '74. Plus it just makes more sense looking at that lineup. 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Alvarez would not have lost to Kinner, mostly just a style thing but he would have made it at least one round further 

I think you need to take into account that Williams was injured while defeating Swidersky, who had handled Alvarez easily.  If they had replaced Williams with Alvarez after Big 12s, would he have gotten an at-large?  He would likely have been seeded differently and faced different opponents. 

Williams impressed me.  His duck under is so fast he can’t always catch it and his cradle is as good as there is.  In early season tournaments, Williams majored Carter Young, who majored Alvarez.  

Edited by Offthemat

Hearing from a 3rd and 4th party that a certain school didn't not actually make a pitch to the Cornell trio.  The response Fernandes made was "Nah I'm done." but the other two were pretty receptive.

I.e. Cardenas to ASU might not be a done deal.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

19 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Evan Tallmadge - Freshman from Navy enters the portal.  He beat Colton Camacho from Pitt pretty handily but then got injured before Christmas and never came back from it.  I'm curious if his Naval Academy credits easily transfer elsewhere  and whether or not he owes any money or service to the academy in exchange for his one year.

I would imagine they’d transfer fine.  And as far as I know, you can transfer out of a service academy within the first two years without owing them anything.  Once your junior year starts you are on the hook if you leave.

Edit: whoops somebody already said this.

Edited by wrestle87
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

I think if Sinclair takes a RS and then Wrestles '74...Mizzou might not see much of a drop off after O'Toole.

I know that's a big statement, but he's on that level IMO. Why he wrestled 215...I'm really not sure(other than Mirasola was at '95 and he could do whatever he wanted), but he was ~185 at the State Tournament(or so I heard 3rd hand) and he's not exactly lean, so I think he'd easily certify at '74. Plus it just makes more sense looking at that lineup. 

No clue what weight he weighed in at, but Askren said the AWA guys wanted to wrestle different weights so that they could see how many Champs could come from AWA and not have to take each other out. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sinclair was an 184 easy right now. How that works out with Hawks and Whiting I don’t know, but if I’m Smith and Sinclair wants to go asap, you have to start the #1 ranked 220 period. 

20 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Evan Tallmadge - Freshman from Navy enters the portal.  He beat Colton Camacho from Pitt pretty handily but then got injured before Christmas and never came back from it.  I'm curious if his Naval Academy credits easily transfer elsewhere  and whether or not he owes any money or service to the academy in exchange for his one year.

Tallmadge beat Stanich in the state finals his senior year and he’s cousins with Santiello from Pitt , kid has a lot of potential 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

The problem is not with his results from this year. The problem is that his results are very similar to his freshman year results, aka he has not progressed. 

Hamiti was lighting guys up as a true freshman and walked into the postseason with a 91% bonus rate and just one loss

• Bob 3

15 hours ago, Idaho said:

Former NQ Jason Kraisser in the portal 

Kraisser would be a nice pickup for a team looking for a solid 157.  he went 2-2 at NCAAs last year for ISU, with wins over Kaden Gfeller (OKST) and Tommy Askey (APP ST), who majored Chittum in RD1 this year btw.

Edited by gromit
  • Bob 1
  • Potato 1

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Did he get hurt this year?  He didn't look real great this season. I don't think he was a MAC champion. I am not sure he can beat out Alvarez, but if Rider brings him in I am sure it would be for them to not be in the same weight. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

26 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

transfer portal by weight so far:

125: Evan Tallmadge

133: Connor McGonagle

141: Peyton Moore

149: Sammy Alvarez

157: Jason Kraisser

165: Dean Hamiti

174: nhs67

184: James Lledo

197: MPhillips

285: PJ Casale

Guy is a stud using his pre-pre-pre-Covid year.  Looks like he is going up ~50lbs, though.

Rumor is he drinks a lot, too.  Would probably Lock Haven if it weren't for Noto being there.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

rumor has it Hendrickson has a year left and is looking at mizzou not sure how that works with the academy but cp and willie both reported it

I heard that from Askren but folks here convinced me with good reason that even if possible, it would be difficult and perhaps unlikely