Transfer Portal

5 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Gus, unrelated question for you as an SDSU guy, do you know if DeVos and Jordan are planning to return for another year? If so, SDSU will be salty again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are planning to be back to use their eligibility 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Gus said:

The hawks are going to be circling Bailey and Little from Little Rock. I hope they both stay and help Erisman build that program. 

F*ck the hawks if they do that.  Bailey and Little are gods in Little Rick right now.  I hope they give the iowa city crew the "bird" (hehe, yes I love that pun).

• Fire 4

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I haven't heard about anybody who Iowa is pursuing (yet), but I too hope those kids stay.

The conference uncertainty makes me nervous about UALR's kids transferring... or does the school have a new home conference already set?

Bailey's a hot candidate since he's so young, but I think Iowa is in pretty good shape with the Ayalas at lightweight

4 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

F*ck the hawks if they do that.  Bailey and Little are gods in Little Rick right now.  I hope they give the iowa city crew the "bird" (hehe, yes I love that pun).

Sorry I should have chose a different word than hawks. I did not mean Iowa in particular but rather should have used the word poacher. 

19 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Hendrickson said straight up that he’s finished with college wrestling and but he can defer enrollment to try for the Olympics and keep wrestling internationally 

Thats what I heard when he was being interviewed.

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Sorry I should have chose a different word than hawks. I did not mean Iowa in particular but rather should have used the word poacher. 

Oooooooh, lol my bad.  It just made too much sense considering they JUST did that with franek and caliendo.  

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Oooooooh, lol my bad.  It just made too much sense considering they JUST did that with franek and caliendo.  

No, Franek and Caliendo's coach left and they were looking to leave (and from my understanding, as a package), that was a different situation.

Wonder if Clayton Whiting from Missouri doesn’t hit the portal. Lost his 184 spot to Hawks and O’Toole is bumping to 174. Whiting was a highly ranked recruit out of Wisconsin AWA guy with some nice wins in his first two years.

• Bob 1

Love to be on a fly on wall for this, like the Guys going to Iowa or Olenjik from OSU.

Sorry smaller program u developed me and trained me along with investing money in me.   But these bigger programs now are interested in me even though they never recruited me four years ago.

• Bob 2

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

No, Franek and Caliendo's coach left and they were looking to leave (and from my understanding, as a package), that was a different situation.

I was referring to making sizable package purchases on the transfer market.  

Love to be on a fly on wall for this, like the Guys going to Iowa or Olenjik from OSU.

Sorry smaller program u developed me and trained me along with investing money in me.   But these bigger programs now are interested in me even though they never recruited me four years ago.

Wasn’t Olejnik a grad transfer? I look at those guys in a different light. It’s possible that NIU doesn’t even have a grad program in his degree. There’s a lot of factors that could come in to play there.

• Bob 2

52 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I haven't heard about anybody who Iowa is pursuing (yet), but I too hope those kids stay.

Sorry I did not mean Iowa. By hawks circling I moreso meant the NIL poachers (though I guess Iowa is in that group). 

28 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Wasn’t Olejnik a grad transfer? I look at those guys in a different light. It’s possible that NIU doesn’t even have a grad program in his degree. There’s a lot of factors that could come in to play there.

So he commits to a school and they train and develop  him for  four years and then he realizes they don’t have his program.

Look at programs and tell we what Iowa has compared to NdSU 

So he commits to a school and they train and develop  him for  four years and then he realizes they don’t have his program.

Look at programs and tell we what Iowa has compared to NdSU 

A lot of kids, athletes or not, go to different schools for their undergrad than they do for their grad degree. My brother did his undergrad at NDSU and is getting his graduate at Rutgers. It’s very common and sometimes even encouraged to get different experiences.

• Bob 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Greenwave said:

Don’t you know that if you point out the issues and long term detriment to sport.. that 

it’s “obviously” because it’s not your team and you’re just jealous.. and/or you’re just not willing to do what it “takes” and aren’t competitive enough 

sarcasm obviously 

1 minute ago, wrestlingfanforlife said:

Question for the masses: should Hamiti look to transfer? 

Yes.

• Bob 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

This is more like a girl who starts an Instagram. She dates the regular guy from her colleges football team. She gets more and more followers and hits a million. All of a sudden pro athletes fill her DMs and before you know it she thinks she isn’t a 8 anymore and dumps said boyfriend for Rob Gronkowski.

A lot of these small school guys won state titles in small classifications or were 3 sport high school athletes. They developed late and blossomed. The dream was never to go to Northern Illinois or NDSU