Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Askren REALLY does not like Bono.

Between "we know he's got no morals" and "I don't find him to be a trustworthy individual" (the second one he said he said to Kyle Burwick's dad while he was being recruited by WI), he really flamed Bono.

Oh, and he described Bono as having built a house next to the transfer portal.

I feel like I never heard these claims against Bono while he was at SDSU.  I’m sure Askren has helped get it out there more, but for those posting some of the anti-Bono comments, is that how you always felt about him?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I feel like I never heard these claims against Bono while he was at SDSU.  I’m sure Askren has helped get it out there more, but for those posting some of the anti-Bono comments, is that how you always felt about him?

There’s always been.. neutral to negative opinions about Bono. But they were usually something talked about in van rides or if you knew someone. He also tried really hard to clean up his image at SDSU and left before the cracks showed

• Fire 1

Is Bono dumb, playing dumb, or being malicious?  I don't know.

After reading the rules, I thought one thing.  But after reading that purported NCAA email screenshot, it seems there's some transition period going on that Kyle may've got caught up in (and future rules will be how I thought they already were).

Let's hope Bono is feigning dumb now as a face saving tactic.  Maybe he'll "only now come to understand" that he can sign an NPO to allow Kyle to compete.  And then he'll do so.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Hmmm... some of our objectors seemed to have disappeared from this thread. 

Now that we know the name of the form "No Participation Opportunity" we can look at it.

Here it is:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/committees/d1/clr/D1CLR_NoParticipationOpportunityForm.pdf

Probably the Wisconsin AD believes he can't sign it in good faith, because they understand they would be falsely certifying one of the four items required by the form.

I assume this is the piece of paper @Husker_Du said was sitting on a desk.

So it's back on the NCAA for what they required on the form for the winter of this academic year.

Wisconsin worked through October 7 waiver exception, which the NCAA denied.  The need for this form followed that denial.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

the spirit of the law

Which part(s) of the law and what do you understand are their spirit?

The May 1 deadline?

The waiver exception for the May 1 deadline?

The certification of a "No Participation Opportunity" waiver?

It seems one can expect bureaucratic administrators to administrate in accordance with defined processes.  Expecting them to innovate based on inspiration from some spirit of a rule seems futile.  At best there might be some 'statements of consideration' that they might reference when applying a rule.

I have not followed this in gory detail but I’ll chime in anyway …

One must believe that Bono has compliance advisors that support Wisconsin athletics.  He very likely knows exactly what the rules are and the NCAA guidance.  I think it highly unlikely that he is ‘confused.’  

Those saying this is on Wisconsin staff / admin are, in my opinion, disingenuous.  The coach has a lot of say in this and would not be defending Wisconsin’s actions if he felt differently about how it is being handled.  

Really seems like this is going to burn Bono and WI wrestling.  I’m not sure of the facts so can’t take a strong stance on the situation.…. but …. Importantly, the overall buzz and public opinion is really turning against Bono.  Ugly reputation hit in the court of public perception.

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Fire 2

19 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So Gross, who seems a righteous sort of guy, does he leave Wiscy because of Dirtbag Bono?

How does the saying go?

"Indifference to bad, evil, or incompetent is worse than bad, evil, or incompetent." - Beyonce

A righteous sort of guy? He told Damian Hahn he was staying at SDSU so Hahn kept him on a full ride and didn’t recruit his weight , then gross wrestles one dual leaves the team after and transfers to be with bono at Wisconsin, also gross got the boot from Iowa for going on a car/ house robbing spree …I know people change and grow and what not but there about 2000 college wrestlers I’d call righteous before adding Seth gross to the list 

• Haha 2
  • Stalling 1

9 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

A righteous sort of guy? He told Damian Hahn he was staying at SDSU so Hahn kept him on a full ride and didn’t recruit his weight , then gross wrestles one dual leaves the team after and transfers to be with bono at Wisconsin, also gross got the boot from Iowa for going on a car/ house robbing spree …I know people change and grow and what not but there about 2000 college wrestlers I’d call righteous before adding Seth gross to the list 

God's own wrestler 133!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Now that we know the name of the form "No Participation Opportunity" we can look at it.

Here it is:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/committees/d1/clr/D1CLR_NoParticipationOpportunityForm.pdf

Probably the Wisconsin AD believes he can't sign it in good faith, because they understand they would be falsely certifying one of the four items required by the form.

So it's back on the NCAA for what they required on the form for the winter of this academic year.

Wisconsin worked through October 7 waiver exception, which the NCAA denied.  The need for this form followed that denial.

Nice find.  

Specifically item #1:  Was no longer given an opportunity to participate (practice or compete per NCAA Bylaw 14.02.12) on the institution’s team for reasons outside of the student-athlete’s control.

From what we know, Kyle left of his own accord.  It has never come out that he was booted off the team, etc.  

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

P.S. It reads that the Directors of Athletics (not coaches) are the responsible signators.

That would seem to take Coach Bono off the hook.

Bono could take it to his AD, that easy. Alot of ADs aren't tied that close to wrestling 

Here it is:

This isn't true. It can be signed off for this year

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Nice find.  

Specifically item #1:  Was no longer given an opportunity to participate (practice or compete per NCAA Bylaw 14.02.12) on the institution’s team for reasons outside of the student-athlete’s control.

From what we know, Kyle left of his own accord.  It has never come out that he was booted off the team, etc.  

This isn't the right document. It can be signed off this year. You guys trying to cover for bonos  ass and don't have a clue is hilarious 🤣 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

This isn't the right document. It can be signed off this year. You guys trying to cover for bonos  ass and don't have a clue is hilarious 🤣 

Enlighten us, which document specifically does Bono “need” to sign?

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

@jajensen09 it can be used this year but isn't needed in later.

This excerpt from it looks similar to what Bryan Snyder quoted in his recent Tweet exchange with Bono:

"A signed NPO form will no longer be a basis for waiver relief from the transfer year in residence requirement for an undergraduate transfer student-athlete whose first championship season at their new institution will be conducted during the 2023-24 academic year."

Why include these statements unless the form is in use this year?

Didn't @Husker_Du write it was a single sheet of paper that an ambiguious 'they' could sign?  He didn't say sign truthfully and in good conscience, did he?

I agree with @jchapman that the  Wisconsin AD likely has decided it can't in good faith certify item #1.

Wisconsin supported the waiver exception request.  It appears that request focused on not being informed about the May 1 portal deadline rather than any other exception that the NCAA typically finds acceptable.  It doesn't appear that the NCAA found that sufficient grounds for a waiver exception.

It is likely Nebraska pressed for the NPO, and Wisconsin informed them it couldn't sign it truthfully and in good conscience, and did this earlier between October 7 when the NCAA declined the waiver exception and when Kyle and Manning went off to court public opinion.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

• Fire 1