How Long Will Bono Last at Wisconsin?

ThreePointTakedown

10 minutes ago, Le duke said:

When Hamiti came in, I thought this dude was a sure fire NCAA champ. He was lighting people up. Dynamic, funky.

Now? I don’t think he’ll place higher than 4th. He’s the same wrestler he was in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying it is or could happen, but if he were to hit the portal, I could only image the $$$ that would be thrown his way. He seems to love Wisconsin and Bono, so I don’t see it. But hypothetically I can think it lol

4 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Not saying it is or could happen, but if he were to hit the portal, I could only image the $$$ that would be thrown his way. He seems to love Wisconsin and Bono, so I don’t see it. But hypothetically I can think it lol

He would do very well wearing a Penn State singlet for a year, he’s perfect for that room style-wise.

6 hours ago, Le duke said:

When Hamiti came in, I thought this dude was a sure fire NCAA champ. He was lighting people up. Dynamic, funky.

Now? I don’t think he’ll place higher than 4th. He’s the same wrestler he was in 2022.

Well 165 is crazy deep and I don’t think many would have ever expected him to be able to beat O’Toole or Carr. Although I know some thought he should’ve been able to beat Amine which he can’t seem to do.  Him and Messenbrink could be a fun match.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Well 165 is crazy deep and I don’t think many would have ever expected him to be able to beat O’Toole or Carr. Although I know some thought he should’ve been able to beat Amine which he can’t seem to do.  Him and Messenbrink could be a fun match.

There were quite a few people picking him to beat O'Toole at the ASC last year, I think?

That said... he is going to be much larger than Messenbrink.  I want to see Messenbrink be tested by a full-sized 165lber before he gets Hamiti.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

There were quite a few people picking him to beat O'Toole at the ASC last year, I think?
That said... he is going to be much larger than Messenbrink.  I want to see Messenbrink be tested by a full-sized 165lber before he gets Hamiti.

He had no problem with Cassella, who looked huge. Hamiti is a different problem set, of course.

I don’t think Hamiti has ever wrestled a 165lb guy that gets to the leg so quickly. If he can avoid cradles and can get out from bottom, I think Messenbrink wins that one by 4-6 points.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He had no problem with Cassella, who looked huge. Hamiti is a different problem set, of course.

I don’t think Hamiti has ever wrestled a 165lb guy that gets to the leg so quickly. If he can avoid cradles and can get out from bottom, I think Messenbrink wins that one by 4-6 points.

Is this the same Messenbrink that only beat Haines because of freestyle tricks?  I kid! I kid!

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He needs the Tex thing intermixed.... I had great luck with @nhs67 .... maybe he can cook something up for @TexRef.  If it works out he may want to quit his day job and just start making picture thingys. 

I am basically retired at this point and work as a consultant.

I can do this as my day job.

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

He doesn't work. He grills, drinks and does wrestling. If he breaks from that it's only to get meat, liquor and hang out with the grandbabes. 

I have also been known to streak through the quad and down to the gymnasium.

2 minutes ago, MidwestWrest said:

Does the 'hot seat' on Bono get hotter after Hamiti's loss last night? I know it's just one loss for one wrestler. But it was an interesting result to me.

That low single Olejnik hit had John Smith written all over it. A thing of beauty.

• Fire 1