Would AJ Ferrari be the defending 2x NCAA champion if he went to PSU?

Theo Brixton

I say yes. He showed no respect to the GOAT--recall him Tweeting unflattering photos of a young John Smith (vote for Pedro). Ferrari just got too big for his britches at OSU without anyone to bring him to heel. The only thing AJ understands is violence and the only coach capable of speaking this language to him is Cael. Just imagine the piss-poundings Cael would have doled out to keep him in line. I have to imagine young AJ would think twice about any action that would draw the wrath of practice room Sanderson (or Varner, Taylor, Snyder, Nickal and Kerk). And Cael would have every reason to keep him engaged--about 21.5 reasons in 2021 to be exact.

It seems like an unlikely union but I think Cael could have made it work.

We'll likely never know.

Coach Cael impresses me as one who likes to coach those whose primarily focus is becoming the best wrestling student athlete that they can be.  Although he may be forgiving, I don't believe he would put up with behavior that detracts from the team, as individuals and a whole, being in the best position to accomplish their goals.

I believe red flags during visit or interview, to discern whether Coach Cael would not want AJ, would likely have caused Penn State to take a firm pass. AJ would demand too much wasted energy of the negative kind.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

We'll likely never know.

Coach Cael impresses me as one who likes to coach those whose primarily focus is becoming the best wrestling student athlete that they can be.  Although he may be forgiving, I don't believe he would put up with behavior that detracts from the team, as individuals and a whole, being in the best position to accomplish their goals.

I believe red flags during visit or interview, to discern whether Coach Cael would not want AJ, would likely have caused Penn State to take a firm pass. AJ would demand too much wasted energy of the negative kind.

Andrew Long

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

12 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

I say yes. He showed no respect to the GOAT--recall him Tweeting unflattering photos of a young John Smith (vote for Pedro). Ferrari just got too big for his britches at OSU without anyone to bring him to heel. The only thing AJ understands is violence and the only coach capable of speaking this language to him is Cael. Just imagine the piss-poundings Cael would have doled out to keep him in line. I have to imagine young AJ would think twice about any action that would draw the wrath of practice room Sanderson (or Varner, Taylor, Snyder, Nickal and Kerk). And Cael would have every reason to keep him engaged--about 21.5 reasons in 2021 to be exact.

It seems like an unlikely union but I think Cael could have made it work.

Idiotic post.  Stand out on the internet level bad.

30 minutes ago, boconnell said:

It still isn't as bad a take as the Ethan Smith hasn't improved since arriving in Cbus one.  That one is an alltimer.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

btw, you gutter heads, those are three towns in PA

blue bell technically... but it doesn't work as well 

You can't call us gutter heads if we take your pun as you intended.  That makes you a gutter head for saying we are gutter heads before anyone can be one.

Simple physics.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

For any who think it would've been different elsewhere, go back and look at the crash.  The CC athlete got out the passenger side, report the suv was on fire after roll over, a football coach just happened to be traveling back same road, unrelated event, stopped and pulled AJ out of the car.  How many could actually pull a 220lb out?  He was lucky the FB coach was there and stopped to save his life.  Then he did this extra stuff to the University & the program after that coach saved his life.

The younger brother has done worse things by the same age, the oldest 3 males in the family are a problem every place they've been. The youngest (3rd son) might be ok if you could separate him from the other three.  😞

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, headshuck said:

Imagine the hoodlums many of the PSU kids would be if they had gone to Oklahoma State?

Is this the real question? How many team titles would PSU have if Ferrari went to PSU? 

Or... maybe another question is, who would have been the best coach for Ferrari to keep him out of the trouble he has been in? Believe it or not, Cael is not the coach to save everybody. 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

44 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Is this the real question? How many team titles would PSU have if Ferrari went to PSU? 

Or... maybe another question is, who would have been the best coach for Ferrari to keep him out of the trouble he has been in? Believe it or not, Cael is not the coach to save everybody. 

I think he was making fun of the original question by reversing the premise to show the absurdity

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

do any coaches really hammer their athletes anymore?

Iowa certainly looked like it last year. Hell, going back years, Iowa wrestlers' faces look like they've been in a boxing match.

Meanwhile, watch Cael or Casey with AB or Starocci and it looks like all parties are playing wrestling. They don't look like they've been punched in the face repeatedly. I don't think it's a coincidence. 

4 hours ago, boconnell said:

You are taking this far more seriously than I am, bro. Of course it's a ridiculous take. But if you thought about it for even a little bit, you would see there is an element of truth to it. If you can't see that, there's definitely an idiot posting here...

4 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Bold to assume AJ alone would be the only person you deal with in that situation 

Not assuming that at all. I think Cael could manage this better than John Smith. Albert Sr. would have no delusions that he's the alpha male in this relationship. This is a key element contributing to the dysfunction of all Ferrari-human interactions.

16 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

I think Cael would've gotten sick of him a heck of a lot quicker than John did...

Cael could have clipped Ferrari's wings in a way that no one else could thereby perhaps altering the course of young AJ's life for the better. Cael has never kicked good NCAA points off the team unless there were criminal charges. Does Ed Ruth ring a (Taco) bell? 

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

do any coaches really hammer their athletes anymore?

AJ would represent one of the few instances where this would undoubtedly be warranted. And it could have benefited him immensely. The more Ferrari is humbled in the room, the less of a criminal he acts outside of it. 

6 hours ago, ionel said:

He probably would've found a hilly winding road to crash his car on before the first NC.  😞

Probably true. Cael can't fix everything.

6 hours ago, BuckyBadger said:

It would have been interesting to see Ferrari and Startocci on the same team. I can picture Ferrari flamboyantly flexing in the background while Starrocci gives an interview shitting on drunk fans and inferior competition.

Absolutely.