3 point takedown rule passed

BaldAt23

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Spiral ride is by the new rule stalling.  You cannot turn someone or pin them with a spiral ride.  Same with a claw ride, side or front headlock...

apparently not with your crappy spiral ride, claw ride, side or front headlock, you can't.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 minutes ago, fishbane said:

I wonder if the number of MD and TF will increase by a statistically significant amount with this change.  It would seem like the points are being inflated with no adjustment to the MD and NF thresholds.  It would be interesting to compare the rate of TF and MD in the 2014-2015 (back when NFs were only 2 or 3 points) to next season with a 3 point takedown and 4 point NFs.  

They will definitely increase, and that's a good thing.  

And Mineo was already working his cowardly "delete when I'm wrong strategy."

Someone asked about NF points.  He said, no changes to NF points.  Claimed it was the only change that didn't pass "No RT without NF." 

Poster continued "No there was a proposal to bring back 3NF"

Minnow: "No.  Only thing dealing with NF didn't pass, and that was the RT rule."

A couple minutes after Flo published an article Minnow deleted his references regarding "no change to NF"  What an expert! 🙄

Such a squid.

27 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yep. And what does work to turn mean? This one will take some time I think to get worked out as different refs will see it, and call it, differently.

The good news is that no one on this board, HR, or BWI will get worked up about it.

I'm confused, what do you mean by "worked out?"  🤔

8 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

They will definitely increase, and that's a good thing.  

I don't think it will work that way.  If you make all scoring actions with 2x their former value and rescore all matches you will find that the margin of victory/defeat has doubled. The matches have not changed.  It may be that instead of having matches with 0-2 point difference being stallfest with one guy planning to steal a takedown at the end of the match to win/force OT the same thing now commonly happens in matches with a 0-3 point difference.

Idealling I'd like to see the number of scoring actions in a match increase not necessarily just points.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You can't turn someone with a power half if both boots are in though.  You eventually have to take 1 or both boots out.

The hell you can't, I did it all the time in high school and college.  Have you ever actually wrestled?

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like a 3-point takedown de-values mat wrestling. This rule change is good for takedown artists, and for blowing matches open. Pretty soon this is going to be freestyle with these rule changes...takedowns, and get them back to their feet quickly.

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yep. And what does work to turn mean? This one will take some time I think to get worked out as different refs will see it, and call it, differently.

The good news is that no one on this board, HR, or BWI will get worked up about it.

It’s already the rule in HS…

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

And Mineo was already working his cowardly "delete when I'm wrong strategy."

Someone asked about NF points.  He said, no changes to NF points.  Claimed it was the only change that didn't pass "No RT without NF." 

Poster continued "No there was a proposal to bring back 3NF"

Minnow: "No.  Only thing dealing with NF didn't pass, and that was the RT rule."

A couple minutes after Flo published an article Minnow deleted his references regarding "no change to NF"  What an expert! 🙄

Such a squid.

This one was a bit of an eye roll…he’s describing the same situation as can happen now…

• Haha 1