3 point takedown rule passed

BaldAt23

All of the rules passed except the riding time/nearfall one.

This is complete bullshit.

Just as we've cemented ourselves at the highest level Internationally we go and decide that the rules need to be changed further from the International style?

Complete bullshit.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

56 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

There will be a 3 point takedown rule now.

Thoughts?

My goal till beginning of season is once a week for 15 minutes I shall practice jumping from my seat, holding up 3 fingers and yelling THREEEEE!!

I want to be ready and not look like an idiot yelling out TWOOO!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

All of the rules passed except the riding time/nearfall one.

This is complete bullshit.

Just as we've cemented ourselves at the highest level Internationally we go and decide that the rules need to be changed further from the International style?

Complete bullshit.

It's closer to the international style because of the 1 pt escape.  So the net value of a takedown is 2 points, assuming you can't ride. the 2-1 ratio of takedown to escape was always stupid and overvalued the ability to score near the end of a period. 

• Fire 4

Riding time was the rule change that mattered. So not doing it will ensure that riding is still boring.. so eh

I have really mixed feelings on the 3 pt takedown. The people whining about the escape math.. finish a period on top

what were the other rules officially passec

Copied from another site. Didn't see the announcement. Are these the onus of the changes?

"3 Point TD is in for next season, as well as no more reaction time TD.
Sequences are now being challenged, instead of a single move.
First MFF of tournament will now be an L on the wrestlers record, unless it follows an injury default the previous match.
Near Fall will be worth 2,3,4 next season based on 2,3,4 swipes.
Top guy now has to work for near fall, he can no longer just ride and try and breakdown their opponent.
The mandatory 5 sec stall call on the top guy that grasps the bottom guys ankle is now for all attempts on the ankle (aka hooking the ankle ride).
No more facial hair rule."

"Top guy now has to work for near fall, he can no longer just ride and try and breakdown their opponent."

Curious how this one will be interpreted and applied in matches.  Will top be more like high school where you only get hit if you are stall riding and they let you ride for extended periods of time if you are working OR you can only work for a while but if you can't score you will get dinged?

6 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

"Top guy now has to work for near fall, he can no longer just ride and try and breakdown their opponent."

Curious how this one will be interpreted and applied in matches.  Will top be more like high school where you only get hit if you are stall riding and they let you ride for extended periods of time if you are working OR you can only work for a while but if you can't score you will get dinged?

So by rule, double boots has to be stalling...

52 minutes ago, ionel said:

My goal till beginning of season is once a week for 15 minutes I shall practice jumping from my seat, holding up 3 fingers and yelling THREEEEE!!

I want to be ready and not look like an idiot yelling out TWOOO!

I was able to hack into @ionel's security camera and acquire footage of this week's practice session.

image.png.02f9c7f3438b63cc01385a1c445eb9a1.png

• Fire 2
  • Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

38 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Copied from another site. Didn't see the announcement. Are these the onus of the changes?

"3 Point TD is in for next season, as well as no more reaction time TD.
Sequences are now being challenged, instead of a single move.
First MFF of tournament will now be an L on the wrestlers record, unless it follows an injury default the previous match.
Near Fall will be worth 2,3,4 next season based on 2,3,4 swipes.
Top guy now has to work for near fall, he can no longer just ride and try and breakdown their opponent.
The mandatory 5 sec stall call on the top guy that grasps the bottom guys ankle is now for all attempts on the ankle (aka hooking the ankle ride).
No more facial hair rule."

Does hook = grasp? There is no clarity in the NCAA announcement.

Just now, MPhillips said:

Therein lies the question.

Yep. And what does work to turn mean? This one will take some time I think to get worked out as different refs will see it, and call it, differently.

The good news is that no one on this board, HR, or BWI will get worked up about it.

I wonder if the number of MD and TF will increase by a statistically significant amount with this change.  It would seem like the points are being inflated with no adjustment to the MD and NF thresholds.  It would be interesting to compare the rate of TF and MD in the 2014-2015 (back when NFs were only 2 or 3 points) to next season with a 3 point takedown and 4 point NFs.