Cat fights and purse slapping over on the Iowa Board

PSUSMC

12 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

It's been screen captured, tweeted by @Husker_Du, and the image also tweeted by Pat Mineo with more context.  We'll see how much heat comes down from it.

I'm interested to see if there is a donation number that shoves this to the bottom of the stack. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reading through the comments, there are some people more upset that Willie and Minnow posted it and called it out,  than they are about what Bob actually posted about Alli Ragan. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Reading through the comments, there are some people more upset that Willie and Minnow posted it and called it out,  than they are about what Bob actually posted about Alli Ragan. 

The ‘don’t bite the hand that feeds you’ attitude is so gross

• Fire 2

The brief conversation chain seems bizarre to me.  Why bash Derek St. John in defense of Cory Clark by commenting on his new bride?

At best it's a poorly bad timed anecdote of sorts, especially considering the interleaved 'skank' comment.

At worst it's a combination of overt and implied misogyny.

Either way it seems outdated thinking about sexuality and the sexes that does not reflect what young people today seem to broadly believe.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

Just now, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

The brief conversation chain seems bizarre to me.  Why bash Derek St. John in defense of Cory Clark by commenting on his new bride?

At best it's poorly bad timed anecdote of sorts, especially considering the interleaved 'skank' comment.

At worst it's a combination of overt and implied misogyny.

Either way it seems outdated thinking about sexuality and the sexes that does not reflect what young people today seem to broadly believe.

It's the Iowa way

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

35 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I would love to start a "Is the Iowa Fanbase that Stupid?" thread but I don't want to clutter up this board Cinnabon style

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

14 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

How the Brands publicly react to this will tell us how Iowa wrestling will do the next few years 

Where's the AD in this or is too busy gambling on finding a new employer?

Man.  That's f u c k i n g gross.

Vak, you and a couple of other Iowa posters both here and on HR are a credit to your school. Seriously. I appreciate you taking a stand for what is right.

Also, I enjoy your occasional FRL questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

8 hours ago, Formally140 said:

How the Brands publicly react to this will tell us how Iowa wrestling will do the next few years 

What would the appropriate response from the university?  Can they keep the money and take this dude’s name off the building?  Or would they have to give the money (which is obviously now gone) back?

18 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What would the appropriate response from the university?  Can they keep the money and take this dude’s name off the building?  Or would they have to give the money (which is obviously now gone) back?

It depends on what matters to them

9 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

absolutely horrible.  wonder when captain @Interviewed_at_Weehawken will come on this board to defend him because I'm a PSU fan.  I need to keep my mouth shut

Obviously the guy is a jerk.  At what point did I ever say I liked the guy or approved of what he said?  I said PSU athletics have been involved in far worse things, and should remember this when coming up with nicknames for buildings in Iowa.

Then again, you don't even believe the stuff you post.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

@Husker_Du's Tweet was deleted while Mineo's variant remains.

Reflecting on the 3-post chain, maybe the joke was more about ski bum culture men incorrectly assuming a girl thinks they're the only one.  Facts: Bob is a big time skier, and his company even owns a ski resort.

Maybe the comment Bob replied to, which pretty innocuously pointed out Alli previously dated Cory Clark, even bolsters an interpretation that he was more so making fun of Cory Clark's possible perception.

My own initial interpretation was biased by the unfortunate 'skank' comment sandwiched between the two others.  That anonymous poster doubled-down unapologetically.

But we all realize rare is the board poster who reads all comments in a thread before posting.  And even if that's one's practice, editing a post can be interrupted or the page not refreshed so that an unseen post slips in.

So maybe Willie reflected on this and decided to delete his post.  Or maybe Willie realized Alli and Derek can fight their own battles.  Or maybe Willie thought his action was something of the kind 'snowflakes' take when invoking 'cancel culture,' which I believe he sometimes rails against.  IDK.  Maybe he'll explain sometime.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Obviously the guy is a jerk.  At what point did I ever say I liked the guy or approved of what he said?  I said PSU athletics have been involved in far worse things, and should remember this when coming up with nicknames for buildings in Iowa.

Then again, you don't even believe the stuff you post.

For clarification I 'laughed' at your post because of the end.

I would like to point out that PSU is still paying the cost of all that shit.  They went through the justice systems both legally and socially in already and that is why people don't, or won't, take in to considerations the evil and vile things that plagued PSU football.

The reason folks are so up in arms is because this is a current thing that has not seen any legal (it won't) or social justices provided towards it yet.  The women's rights movement has been something, particularly in wrestling, that has been a very polarizing subject.  Hell, even in other sports (think women's soccer).

My opinion on this matter is that we (NCAA wrestling fans) are lucky that wrestling isn't a main stream sport.  Being the biggest donor of one of the flagship programs of not only right now, but the better part of the last century, there are many people who love to whinge and hear their own words be read/heard that wrestling would be set back many years.

I ask you now, what would make this right?  Socially, that is...  What people fail to understand here is that yes, okay, this guy is a giant cun...turdbiscuit.  Sure.  There is nothing legally wrong about him having his own opinions of a girl being floozy and loose with her sexual exploitations.  It's a forum.  She would likely get torn apart if she went through civil court.  Socially there should be some repercussions.  that is where I think the legalities could come in to play.  If they take his name off the building, for example - does he sue?  If he does, does he win?  How bad does this make Iowa and NCAA wrestling look if it is drug out that way?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

@Husker_Du's Tweet was deleted while Mineo's variant remains.

Reflecting on the 3-post chain, maybe the joke was more about ski bum culture men incorrectly assuming a girl thinks they're the only one.  Facts: Bob is a big time skier, and his company even owns a ski resort.

Maybe the comment Bob replied to, which pretty innocuously pointed out Alli previously dated Cory Clark, even bolsters an interpretation that he was more so making fun of Cory Clark's possible perception.

My own initial interpretation was biased by the unfortunate 'skank' comment sandwiched between the two others.  That anonymous poster doubled-down unapologetically.

But we all realize rare is the board poster who reads all comments in a thread before posting.  And even if that's one's practice, editing a post can be interrupted or the page not refreshed so that an unseen post slips in.

So maybe Willie reflected on this and decided to delete his post.  Or maybe Willie realized Alli and Derek can fight their own battles.  Or maybe Willie thought his action was something of the kind 'snowflakes' take when invoking 'cancel culture,' which I believe he sometimes rails against.  IDK.  Maybe he'll explain sometime.

I am hoping that he does a FW today.

I also think Nichols might be bitter over something having not happened between the two.  Perhaps he made an advance and she rebuked him or she made a comment in regards to the 'EW' factor involved with finding him attractive as a mate.  All speculation and honeypot stirring, but I can tell you that I have seen it at various stages in the professional world involving much less wealthy men.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I also think Nichols might be bitter over something having not happened between the two.  Perhaps he made an advance and she rebuked him or she made a comment in regards to the 'EW' factor involved with finding him attractive as a mate.

I doubt this.  The guy was(is?) married with adult kids.  I would think that kind of drama would be in the rear view mirror at this stage in his life, but I may be projecting.