2023 Transfer Portal

7 hours ago, RicoSwaff said:

No… it’s not. I am a wrestling media guy (a silly little page called The Pin Doctors)  and am probably the least social “wrestling media guy” out of any of them and am becoming more that way as time goes by. I don’t ever know the “gossip” stuff from any room, let alone that one… I don’t discuss any other wrestler with my brother other than just him. I don’t even bother to ask him when I discuss wrestling with him because 1.) It puts him in a terrible position (something I learned the hard way during a 2022 situation that’s been beaten to death already) and 2.) I genuinely don’t care. To anyone who has ever followed my page or my stuff dating back to The Predicament, I doubt you’d find many who would say my “M-O” is the wrestling news/gossip stuff. I’m just not into it and it never even occurs to me to ever ask my brother what “so and so” is weighing, who won in Madden between “so and so” and “so and so,” etc. I just really don’t care. I can go to a meet expecting to see world-beaters and would still able to enjoy my time if a bunch of 4th stringers competed. 

And I’m not stupid. I get it. I understand 💯 why people would think it’s me and I can probably list 3-4 reasons as to what would make ppl think that, starting with which groups I share my own Facebook PinDox posts in sometimes…not to mention my big, stupid mouth in a strenuous situation of the 2021-22 season. It looks bad…. I get that. 

I wasn’t THAT social with other wrestling media to begin with and have taken yet another few steps back from all that since this past fall when I noticed some people assuming certain info was leaked by me. It’s not… and it certainly won’t ever be in the future because now not only do I genuinely not care about the gossip, but I go out of my way to not ever know any of it so it’s damn clear to my own family that it’s not me… which is really the only people I care about in terms of what their opinions are on me and my wrestling mouth.

Funny thing is, 75% of the gossip “leaks” that I’ve read ppl blaming me for is stuff that I STILL don’t know to this day because I care THAT little about wrestling gossip stuff to where I don’t even have the motivation to look up what supposedly came from me. 

People pm me asking me to break news about multiple programs on a daily basis and I rarely even respond to these messages. Because that’s not my bag because I don’t care about it at all. Things are just gonna unwind as they do and I’m fine with that. 

Sidenote: After some of the mentioned drama from 2021-22, I quit drinking to ensure I never publicly got pissed and went off the handle running my mouth again like I did after the Iowa-Minnesota meet last year. I was hammered that night. And was mortified afterwards. I’ve only been hammered one time since that I can recall and I can’t even frigging believe that, for I used to binge-drink most weekends and every day in my 20’s. Never thought I’d see the day where I didn’t have to worry about the rambunctiousness of “Drunk Swaff.” That was a terrible situation for us, but at least THAT came from it… I needed to stop all that as it was. 

The measure of accountability you are showing here is impressive and duly noted.

I have seen what you are doing with Pin Doctors.  It is great stuff, man.  I appreciate what you are doing there.

I will stop playing keyboard warrior with you and give you your proper respects.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

9 hours ago, RicoSwaff said:

No… it’s not. I am a wrestling media guy (a silly little page called The Pin Doctors)  and am probably the least social “wrestling media guy” out of any of them and am becoming more that way as time goes by. I don’t ever know the “gossip” stuff from any room, let alone that one… I don’t discuss any other wrestler with my brother other than just him. I don’t even bother to ask him when I discuss wrestling with him because 1.) It puts him in a terrible position (something I learned the hard way during a 2022 situation that’s been beaten to death already) and 2.) I genuinely don’t care. To anyone who has ever followed my page or my stuff dating back to The Predicament, I doubt you’d find many who would say my “M-O” is the wrestling news/gossip stuff. I’m just not into it and it never even occurs to me to ever ask my brother what “so and so” is weighing, who won in Madden between “so and so” and “so and so,” etc. I just really don’t care. I can go to a meet expecting to see world-beaters and would still able to enjoy my time if a bunch of 4th stringers competed. 

And I’m not stupid. I get it. I understand 💯 why people would think it’s me and I can probably list 3-4 reasons as to what would make ppl think that, starting with which groups I share my own Facebook PinDox posts in sometimes…not to mention my big, stupid mouth in a strenuous situation of the 2021-22 season. It looks bad…. I get that. 

I wasn’t THAT social with other wrestling media to begin with and have taken yet another few steps back from all that since this past fall when I noticed some people assuming certain info was leaked by me. It’s not… and it certainly won’t ever be in the future because now not only do I genuinely not care about the gossip, but I go out of my way to not ever know any of it so it’s damn clear to my own family that it’s not me… which is really the only people I care about in terms of what their opinions are on me and my wrestling mouth.

Funny thing is, 75% of the gossip “leaks” that I’ve read ppl blaming me for is stuff that I STILL don’t know to this day because I care THAT little about wrestling gossip stuff to where I don’t even have the motivation to look up what supposedly came from me. 

People pm me asking me to break news about multiple programs on a daily basis and I rarely even respond to these messages. Because that’s not my bag because I don’t care about it at all. Things are just gonna unwind as they do and I’m fine with that. 

Sidenote: After some of the mentioned drama from 2021-22, I quit drinking to ensure I never publicly got pissed and went off the handle running my mouth again like I did after the Iowa-Minnesota meet last year. I was hammered that night. And was mortified afterwards. I’ve only been hammered one time since that I can recall and I can’t even frigging believe that, for I used to binge-drink most weekends and every day in my 20’s. Never thought I’d see the day where I didn’t have to worry about the rambunctiousness of “Drunk Swaff.” That was a terrible situation for us, but at least THAT came from it… I needed to stop all that as it was. 

Keep up the great work with Pindox. I always appreciate the bio's/stories you run on current and past wrestlers. 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Still some good names in the portal... any ideas?  Caliendo, Pentz, Renteria, Eichens, Nolan, Bryan, Franek, Mastro, etc. 

Is Mastro done with wrestling? 

Also, don’t forget about Alejandro Herrera. He was a high recruit, I thought he would wind up at Pitt. But I don’t think that anymore 

7 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Also, don’t forget about Alejandro Herrera. He was a high recruit, I thought he would wind up at Pitt. But I don’t think that anymore 

Older but smaller mastro seems to have become a full-time zookeeper.

As for Travis, I can see why teams would think twice about adding him after the way he came out looking from the Ferrari debacle.  

57 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

I’m not sure…. Yes, definitely some good young guys in there 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Per Flo...

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11039256-bormet-elated-but-not-surprised-with-transfer-haul

125 - DeAuggie
133 - Cannon
141 - Ragusin, possible redshirt for Ragusin
165 - Amine
174 - Griffith
285 - Davison

Also, per that article Griffith decided to give it one more season because he does not intend to compete after he is done wrestling collegiately.

I am for Ragusin going 141 in preparation for a Seniors 65 KG career.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Caliendo is no guarantee to start over Kennedy if they stay at the same weight.  I know Caliendo AA'd and Kennedy didn't, but the roads were VERY different.

Man.  I know this is good for the program, and the way the current landscape and game has to be played, but there's something a little less fun about this for me.  I'm sure I'll be over it by March.

• Fire 2

Personally I'd roll this out there:
125: Teske
133: Ayala
141: Woods
149: Voinovich or Siebrecht (wrestleoff)
157: Franek/ Ferrari RS
165: Caliendo
174: Kennedy
184: Brands
197: Franklin
285: Oppi

I think flip Kennedy and Caliendo and you nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Personally I'd roll this out there:

125: Teske

133: Ayala

141: Woods

149: Voinovich or Siebrecht (wrestleoff)

157: Franek/ Ferrari RS

165: Caliendo

174: Kennedy

184: Brands

197: Franklin

285: Oppi

Assad at 197 would be better than Franklin

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

Well, as an NDSU alumn/fan and gopher fan, that hurts a little (a lot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with you man.... As another mid-tier team fan, it sucks. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐