2023 Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

I don't mean to be a jerk...but ... stop misspelling disc golf. 

When you use this... this is what you actually say...

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

... stop misspelling disc golf. 

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

24 minutes ago, Idaho said:

It also just represents a pause....sign up for Grammerly today. 

No.  Mrs. Darnell's 4th grade Engrish class disagrees with you!

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I want to see this from Little Rock

125: Jeremiah Reno

133: Nassir Bailey

141: Brennan Van Hoeck

149: Kyle Dutton

157: Matt Bianchi

165: Joe Bianchi

174: Tyler Brennan

184: Triston Wills

197: Stephen Little

285: Josiah Hill

Not a bad lineup.... LR putting together a good roster for a newer program. IMO getting Dutton and Bailey were huge for their program. They are becoming a model for starting a program and building from scratch. I hope to see them get an AA soon... the first NC to come from that program will be royalty. 

• Fire 3

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Not a bad lineup.... LR putting together a good roster for a newer program. IMO getting Dutton and Bailey were huge for their program. They are becoming a model for starting a program and building from scratch. I hope to see them get an AA soon... the first NC to come from that program will be royalty. 

Stephen Little has been super impressive this off-season at freestyle tournaments as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Been a quiet week on thr transfer portal front.  One thing I noticed after sniffing around Little Rocks roster is that Cole Minnick has transferred there from Buffalo and will be a contender for the starting spot at 133

I was thinking the same thing, it’s been quiet on the transfer portal end. 

Anyone have any updates on where the NDSU wrestlers will end up at? 

• Fire 1

One thing to keep in mind and consider is that entering the portal doesn't mean they are leaving.

The NDSU gents had a deadline to enter of 30 days after Obe was appointed.  It's just a 'what-if' deadline, not a 'you must transfer if you enter' deadline.

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

Nice pick up for Bono and Crew 

zan.jpg

Looks decently thicc for a 132lber.  Is he short or just big?

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Looks decently thicc for a 132lber.  Is he short or just big?

Short and thick. I've coached him some over the years. I'm friends with his dad. Great kid. Obsessed with wrestling. He'll have a huge impact for the Badgers. They got a good one. 

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, MidwestWrest said:

Short and thick. I've coached him some over the years. I'm friends with his dad. Great kid. Obsessed with wrestling. He'll have a huge impact for the Badgers. They got a good one. 

Big hole for them at 133.  Can he start right away?

4 hours ago, MidwestWrest said:

When Oklahoma made the coaching change I was kinda hoping that Zan might stay at home in Missouri and become a Tiger.  I know we can't keep em all home, especially with NIL, but Mizzou needs to be able to shut down the borders for our best.  Zan would have given Mizzou some strong depth at 133.  Is any one in the know why he chose to go elsewhere?  Guess its karma for Mizzou stealing Wisconsin talent.

When Oklahoma made the coaching change I was kinda hoping that Zan might stay at home in Missouri and become a Tiger.  I know we can't keep em all home, especially with NIL, but Mizzou needs to be able to shut down the borders for our best.  Zan would have given Mizzou some strong depth at 133.  Is any one in the know why he chose to go elsewhere?  Guess its karma for Mizzou stealing Wisconsin talent.

Did he have a clear path to start at least three years?

10 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Did he have a clear path to start at least three years?

With the current state of NIL and the transfer portal, is there such a thing as a total "clear path?"  At Mizzou, Zeke Seltzer is probably the projected starter after taking a red shirt in "22-23".  He could develop into a good one, but Zan is a grinder and would have been a quality addition.  I think coach Smith is pretty loyal to his current lineup, but "iron sharpens iron" and competition in the room only makes everyone better.  I'm a Mizzou homeboy and seems like we've lost out on some kids that would have definitely been great additions to "Tiger Style!"

• Fire 2

With the current state of NIL and the transfer portal, is there such a thing as a total "clear path?"  At Mizzou, Zeke Seltzer is probably the projected starter after taking a red shirt in "22-23".  He could develop into a good one, but Zan is a grinder and would have been a quality addition.  I think coach Smith is pretty loyal to his current lineup, but "iron sharpens iron" and competition in the room only makes everyone better.  I'm a Mizzou homeboy and seems like we've lost out on some kids that would have definitely been great additions to "Tiger Style!"

I am of the opinion that especially in todays current NIL/transfer climate, high level recruits such as Fugitt and Seltzer do not even want to consider wrestling less than 4 NCAA tournaments in their careers. Fugitt has a wide open path to that at Wisconsin.

I’m also shocked Arizona State was able to keep Richie Figueroa on the team beyond his redshirt year for this reason. Can’t believe someone as talented as him was willing to wait.

36 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I’m also shocked Arizona State was able to keep Richie Figueroa on the team beyond his redshirt year for this reason. Can’t believe someone as talented as him was willing to wait.

His plans are for the future and he believes that the ASU coaching staff is where he will be the best version of himself for that.

It is a surprise to me that it is a surprise to anyone that someone would be willing to wait one year to start at NCAA wrestling when their plans are much further and deeper than that.