Cole and Connor Mirasola

MizzouFan01

• MizzouFan01 changed the title to Cole and Connor Mirasola
9 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Askren has complained several times on FRL that Sanderson won't spill the secret sauce. Maybe the Mirasolas are on a deep cover mission.

Humble mindset, superior technique, willingness to fully dedicate yourself. About as secret as Big Mac sauce lol.

i am an idiot on the internet

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I was watching theme compete for the junior world team and came away impressed.  I'm not overly familiar either though

This feels par the course for WI recruits. I wish they were allowed to travel across state lines during the season to see more national competition.  I know Ben has complained a few times for this.

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

12 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

This feels par the course for WI recruits. I wish they were allowed to travel across state lines during the season to see more national competition.  I know Ben has complained a few times for this.. Except for events held in bordering states (MN, IL, MI and IA), no approval shall be provided for more than one out-of-state competition, event and/or scrimmage per team each school season.

In Wisconsin: 

Except for events held in bordering states (MN, IL, MI and IA), no approval shall be provided for more than one out-of-state competition, event and/or scrimmage per team each school season.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

I’ll admit I don’t know a lot about them. Seem to be in the upper weights, where do they fit in with Brooks, Barr, Starocci and the rest?

They were wrestling 184 and 195 most of the year but have moved up to 195 and Hwt for the post season.  Cole doesn't seem big enough to be a college Hwt, but I would have said the same for Cassar, so maybe he can gain the size needed over a few years.

14 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

I’ll admit I don’t know a lot about them. Seem to be in the upper weights, where do they fit in with Brooks, Barr, Starocci and the rest?

This says they're only juniors.  Brooks only has one more year after this, Starocci 2 (at most).  

2025 Lineup:

125: Robbie Howard / Gary Steen / Cael Nasdeo (RS)

133: Braeden Davis

141: Beau Bartlett

149: Shayne Van Ness

157: Levi Haines

165: Alex Facundo / Joe Sealey (RS)

174: Josh Barr

184: Carter Starocci / Zack Ryder (RS)

197: Jack Kelly / Connor Mirasola (RS)

285: Greg Kerkvliet / Cole Mirasola (RS)

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

2025 Lineup:

125: Robbie Howard / Gary Steen / Cael Nasdeo (RS)

133: Braeden Davis

141: Beau Bartlett

149: Shayne Van Ness

157: Levi Haines

165: Alex Facundo / Joe Sealey (RS)

174: Josh Barr

184: Carter Starocci / Zack Ryder (RS)

197: Jack Kelly / Connor Mirasola (RS)

285: Greg Kerkvliet / Cole Mirasola (RS)

Possibly at 125 they could have Lilladehl or Devino instead of those listed. As of now, neither had committed, but I wouldn’t say it’s not possible. 

On 2/20/2023 at 8:17 PM, MizzouFan01 said:

All you need to know is that it puts Ben Askren in to a predicament.  

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 2/20/2023 at 7:17 PM, MizzouFan01 said:

They're a tier below O'Toole...but not a big one. They're both BIG time studs. I'd guess 197 and 184 in College. 

They are wrestling HWT and 195 so that AWA can have a string of State Champs(all about Ben's Ego). But I've watched a lot of Wisconsin kids the last couple years and there is no state with more elite College Talent in the 2024 class than Wisconsin(I appreciate that there will be a mountain of skeptics). They probably have about 15 years of talent squeezed into one class. The best IMO are Sinclair and Hopke, but they've got studs everywhere. 

Probably on the same tier as Charlie Millard(he was a Soph last year who lost to Mitchell Messenbrink in the State Finals). Just a shade below Greyson Clark, a Purdue kid who originally committed to Wisconsin, but has really stepped it up. 

The rich get richer. There's another few kids like Bast, a kid...DuChateau I think(from the same school as Askren) and a few others who are very solid recruits.

Koy Hopke is the prize of this class. I'll guess he's a Gopher, but there's gonna be a LOT of guys high on the podium from Wisconsin who don't end up at UW because of Askren.

6 hours ago, scourge165 said:

...but there's gonna be a LOT of guys high on the podium from Wisconsin who don't end up at UW because of Askren.

Becasue of Asken or because of Bono?  Rest assured, I am not an Askren fan, but to imply it is all on Ben...talk to some SDSU people.

• Fire 1