This Friday, Jesse Mendez will defeat Roman Bravo Young

flyingcement

1 hour ago, ionel said:

@mspart is the ref and RBY tries an overhook.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

... let's be clear, overhook below the upper arm and instead on the elbow against the joint. and then twisting hips for leverage to swing in and snap it. Ouch, damage.

Mspart then smacks the sh** out of him first - then calls it illegal and DQ's him. And then gives him a swift kick in the as* for good measure. Good work by the ref.

That's the name of that tune. I feel much better.

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

HOW RBY beats Jesse. 

Dance backward for 3 min.  Jesse takes down - ride the ankle for 2 min.  RBY takes down - escapes in 20s, dance backward for 2:40.

You are welcome. 

Ohh ... if he wants he could throw a takedown in there but its not necessary.  I'm really gonna miss the cement plant.  

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 4

49 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

A lot of people in here coming down on flying cement but he at least posted an argument for a route to victory. No one is saying HOW RBY beats Jesse. You all sound like children. Not uh. No way. Ain't happenin. How about some nuance?

He will beat RBY by doing all the things RBY does, but better.

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

How about a straight up bet. RBY wins you leave the forum and vise versa I leave if Mendez wins

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Jimmy left themat.com forum and it collapsed and burned in short time.  I ban and condemn wagers with forum departure coercion.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Jimmy left themat.com forum and it collapsed and burned in short time.  I ban and condemn wagers with forum departure coercion.

We need @BobDole to explain to us how we make zoo bets.   Lets say I want to place a zoo bet with poster X, loser in the zoo for 2 weeks, I'd like to see the zoo cages on the right side of my browser screen with X and all the animals and days till they are free.  C'mon Bob this would be a great addition to the new forum, one that'd be the envy of all forums.  Heck ... if it works Musk might buy the rights to use it on twitter, just remember who gave you the idea when the $s start rolling in.    😉 

6 minutes ago, Gus said:

If you think @flyingcement is off his rocker for picking Mendez just buckle up for the Big Ten tourney when my guy @jajensen09 picks Burwick to take out RBY!

I'm calling the Nebraska sweep at Big Ten's right now. If @jajensen09 was a real Husker fan I would already be too late.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, ionel said:

We need @BobDole to explain to us how we make zoo bets.   Lets say I want to place a zoo bet with poster X, loser in the zoo for 2 weeks, I'd like to see the zoo cages on the right side of my browser screen with X and all the animals and days till they are free.  C'mon Bob this would be a great addition to the new forum, one that'd be the envy of all forums.  Heck ... if it works Musk might buy the rights to use it on twitter, just remember who gave you the idea when the $s start rolling in.    😉 

Just remember, I knew you when you were nobody.

9 hours ago, forkemaz said:

A lot of people in here coming down on flying cement but he at least posted an argument for a route to victory. No one is saying HOW RBY beats Jesse. You all sound like children. Not uh. No way. Ain't happenin. How about some nuance?

Nobody is saying HOW RBY beats Jesse?

Yeah, it's generally not required to explain how one of the most dominant Wrestlers and a 2X Champ who hasn't lost since the B1G final in '20 is going to beat a Freshmen.

I DON'T get why people get so pissy about this. If someone would have picked Jason Nolf over Izzy when it looked like he MIGHT be the next 4X undefeated NC or...and even bigger upset, Zain over Stieber...BOTH Freshmen who beat a 4X Finalist and 2X Champ and the later a 4X National Champ.

Is this even crazier than suggesting Brooks would lose to Coleman? Upsets are wild and they happen and...I don't think one will happen in this match, but I think Mendez could push him. Make it a 5-3 type match. 

• Fire 1

13 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Nobody is saying HOW RBY beats Jesse?

Yeah, it's generally not required to explain how one of the most dominant Wrestlers and a 2X Champ who hasn't lost since the B1G final in '20 is going to beat a Freshmen.

I DON'T get why people get so pissy about this. If someone would have picked Jason Nolf over Izzy when it looked like he MIGHT be the next 4X undefeated NC or...and even bigger upset, Zain over Stieber...BOTH Freshmen who beat a 4X Finalist and 2X Champ and the later a 4X National Champ.

Is this even crazier than suggesting Brooks would lose to Coleman? Upsets are wild and they happen and...I don't think one will happen in this match, but I think Mendez could push him. Make it a 5-3 type match. 

Our sport particularly lacks nuance in the conversation and analysis of matches. Listen to a bjj or boxing podcast or even visit a forum. They meticulously break down what each competitor does and where they have an opportunity to find victory. Wrestling does not do this almost ever.

I hope Jesse can tie him up and slow him down so he can work his set ups and hopefully get the only takedown of the match. I don't think he wins a shootout. I think rby might ride him. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Our sport particularly lacks nuance in the conversation and analysis of matches. Listen to a bjj or boxing podcast or even visit a forum. They meticulously break down what each competitor does and where they have an opportunity to find victory. Wrestling does not do this almost ever.

I hope Jesse can tie him up and slow him down so he can work his set ups and hopefully get the only takedown of the match. I don't think he wins a shootout. I think rby might ride him. 

If you do people usually get mad when you point out things an athlete might need to work on

• Fire 2