Transfer Portal

20 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Bradly talked about this on the “Go Earn it” podcast with Shane Sparks. Check it out if you’re a fan of either, talks in depth about this topic. 

Also looks like Shane just posted his interview with Brian Smith on Wednesday

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Southend said:

The intelligent wrestlers seem to migrate and want to go to IU. 

Indiana has definitely had success with Jersey guys in the past , Fongaro had a great year , I really thought he could beat Vombaur and push to AA , and you can’t forget about the legend Taylor Walsh and his wild style 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Indiana has definitely had success with Jersey guys in the past , Fongaro had a great year , I really thought he could beat Vombaur and push to AA , and you can’t forget about the legend Taylor Walsh and his wild style 

Rini is from Ohio, no?

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Throw in 2x NCAA Champ Joe Dubuque and 4x AA Brandon Becker from Jersey to Indiana

20 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Throw in 2x NCAA Champ Joe Dubuque and 4x AA Brandon Becker from Jersey to Indiana

and Joe Duca. If IU didn't have the weight cert issue in 2014-15, Duca could have done much better than what he finished with.

6 minutes ago, OMW said:

and Joe Duca. If IU didn't have the weight cert issue in 2014-15, Duca could have done much better than what he finished with.

Care to elaborate? I was in college at this time, and never heard about this. Curious about it now.

26 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Care to elaborate? I was in college at this time, and never heard about this. Curious about it now.

Wasn't it something with Goldman making a mistake in weight cert paperwork for Duca?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Wasn't it something with Goldman making a mistake in weight cert paperwork for Duca?

Apparently, they were doing a pre-cert in early October and the information was somehow sent to the NCAA, so it became official. Affected most of the light and middle-weights up to Walsh. 

44 minutes ago, OMW said:

Apparently, they were doing a pre-cert in early October and the information was somehow sent to the NCAA, so it became official. Affected most of the light and middle-weights up to Walsh. 

Wow. That's unbelievable at the DI level.

1 hour ago, Winners Circle said:

Wow. That's unbelievable at the DI level.

Not really. They weren't the only one. Another school did similarly in that in the earlier years of this process once the data went in it went in. After these (I don't know which happened first) they changed the process such that the trainer entered the initial data and then had the coach corroborate it later. Previously, the trainers did it by themselves. Sometimes the trainers didn't fully grasp the process where the kids sometimes went in just to see where they were (essentially doing a weight check).

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

Not really. They weren't the only one. Another school did similarly in that in the earlier years of this process once the data went in it went in. After these (I don't know which happened first) they changed the process such that the trainer entered the initial data and then had the coach corroborate it later. Previously, the trainers did it by themselves. Sometimes the trainers didn't fully grasp the process where the kids sometimes went in just to see where they were (essentially doing a weight check).

Yes, even under the old system, it should be very clearly communicated between the coach and the trainer. "DO NOT finalize/input this until I look it over and give you the go ahead." Lack of communication from coaching staff. THAT is what is unbelievable at the DI level.

3 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Well. That sucks. ASU was set up to have a fantastic shot at a team trophy next year too.

I think if Larkin goes 149 its pretty much a wash although they probably don't have anyone on his level for 157 okie state feels like a program that fits the vibe check for him perhaps they are assembling all of the infinity stones.

1 minute ago, Truzzcat said:

I think if Larkin goes 149 its pretty much a wash although they probably don't have anyone on his level for 157 okie state feels like a program that fits the vibe check for him perhaps they are assembling all of the infinity stones.

It’d be okay if it was a clean point swap of Larkin for Parco. In actuality, it’s going to be a point swap of Parco for McLane. 

Edited by RegularStalling