Jump to content

Transfer Portal


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

NONE of those guys were there last year, Askey was Miller's guy

So the guy that qualified this year at 165 was not there this year?  Another 25 win guy the next weight down this year in Byers was also not there this yead?

Also the qualifiers from the year prior at 149 and 165 while he was on redshirt weren't there when he was there on redshirt?

Your statement was wrong and it is okay to be wrong - you just need to own it and move on.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

So the guy that qualified this year at 165 was not there this year?  Another 25 win guy the next weight down this year in Byers was also not there this yead?

Also the qualifiers from the year prior at 149 and 165 while he was on redshirt weren't there when he was there on redshirt?

Your statement was wrong and it is okay to be wrong - you just need to own it and move on.

My man, you have no idea what you are talking about.  "the guy" at 165 is Will Miller. Do you want to say Will Miller is a top tier wrestler? So, you are telling me that you believe a person can get better from having partners the years before? Sure, when he was working out with Jon Jon and Ian Miller, he was absolutely getting better, but they are gone. There is a reason you can look at a top program, name one...and there are backups that push the starters and that is how they get better. NOBODY pushed Askey, do you understand that? There is a reason that Caleb Smith AA this year wrestling for Nebraska. Was that luck? The reality of that, he went to a room, where there were wrestlers that pushed him and he got better.  Jon Jon Millner worked out with Ian Miller daily, Jon Jon will tell you, working out with a multi-time AA that could still wrestle, made him better. 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H82Lose said:

My man, you have no idea what you are talking about.  "the guy" at 165 is Will Miller. Do you want to say Will Miller is a top tier wrestler? So, you are telling me that you believe a person can get better from having partners the years before? Sure, when he was working out with Jon Jon and Ian Miller, he was absolutely getting better, but they are gone. There is a reason you can look at a top program, name one...and there are backups that push the starters and that is how they get better. NOBODY pushed Askey, do you understand that? There is a reason that Caleb Smith AA this year wrestling for Nebraska. Was that luck? The reality of that, he went to a room, where there were wrestlers that pushed him and he got better.  Jon Jon Millner worked out with Ian Miller daily, Jon Jon will tell you, working out with a multi-time AA that could still wrestle, made him better. 

You said he had nobody to push him.  That is what you said.

If you are saying that about Askey than it must be true for everyone else in and around his weight as well, especially Miller at 165lbs, who had a statistically identical season as Askey.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leave this here for you to choke on, since you want to dog on his (lack of) training partners...

 

Screenshot_20240414_125632_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240414_130004_Chrome.jpg

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Leave this here for you to choke on, since you want to dog on his (lack of) training partners...

 

Screenshot_20240414_125632_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240414_130004_Chrome.jpg

Man, you are an idiot. He SMASHES Price, it is not even close, and he majors Miller. But hey, you are in the know, so carry on bud. lol choke on that, yeah you really got me! wrestlestat prediction trumps my F'g eyeballs 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

Man, you are an idiot. He SMASHES Price, it is not even close, and he majors Miller. But hey, you are in the know, so carry on bud. lol choke on that, yeah you really got me! wrestlestat prediction trumps my F'g eyeballs 

Pot calling the kettle black, eh bud?

Your pathetic response is pathetic.

You said something that was statistically incorrect.  You got called on your obviously biased ignorance.  Someone else is the idiot.  Right.

  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, H82Lose said:

My man, you have no idea what you are talking about.  "the guy" at 165 is Will Miller. Do you want to say Will Miller is a top tier wrestler? So, you are telling me that you believe a person can get better from having partners the years before? Sure, when he was working out with Jon Jon and Ian Miller, he was absolutely getting better, but they are gone. There is a reason you can look at a top program, name one...and there are backups that push the starters and that is how they get better. NOBODY pushed Askey, do you understand that? There is a reason that Caleb Smith AA this year wrestling for Nebraska. Was that luck? The reality of that, he went to a room, where there were wrestlers that pushed him and he got better.  Jon Jon Millner worked out with Ian Miller daily, Jon Jon will tell you, working out with a multi-time AA that could still wrestle, made him better. 

I don’t really disagree with you about Askey, but Smith was pretty much the same guy as last year, just had a better tournament.  Prior to this year he had wins over Cronin, McKee, Poulin, Ventresca, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t really disagree with you about Askey, but Smith was pretty much the same guy as last year, just had a better tournament.  Prior to this year he had wins over Cronin, McKee, Poulin, Ventresca, etc.

I believe that is a direct result of his training situation. When you're in the fire EVERYDAY, you are more prepared for the fire at the NCAAs.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

17 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Man, you are an idiot. He SMASHES Price, it is not even close, and he majors Miller. But hey, you are in the know, so carry on bud. lol choke on that, yeah you really got me! wrestlestat prediction trumps my F'g eyeballs 

He majors Will Miller a 2x NQ himself who went 1-2 at the NCAA, who is also a weight above Askey? 

 

spacer.png

 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Luke Odom has transferred from Illinois to SIEU where he is slated to be a starter after serving as a backup for the Illini for the last four seasons.

Going back to his hometown

  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Winners Circle said:

Woah. Has to be a direct correlation to Brewer leaving I'd think.

 

2 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

Connor Flynn in the Portal! 

Cooper Flynn?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

 Cooper Flynn in the portal

In the few matches I watched him wrestle he had almost zero offense. Wonder if he was told to develop offense or look elsewhere ? I think Ventresca is still there too unless he hung it up. If he’s gone they’ll need a 125 guy asap

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Jason Kwaak

    Brentwood, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina State
    Projected Weight: 165

    Liam Hickey

    Cardinal Gibbons, North Carolina
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 133

    Tristan Steldt

    Fennimore, Wisconsin
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Pitt
    Projected Weight: 184

    Casen Roark

    Father Ryan, Tennessee
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 141

    Will Greenberg

    Hawken, Ohio
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Bucknell
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...