149 - Alirez VS SVN (Kasak/Evans)
157 - Parco VS Sealey (SVN)
165 - Fish VS Mesenbrink
174 - Hamiti VS Facundo
184 - Plott VS Barr
197 - Carroll VS Starocci
285 - Pindrickson VS Kerkvliet
*BOLD INDICATES TRANSFER

Is it wild or recency bias that makes me believe that is an actual dual?  Does this make Coach Caelingharner keep Haines down at 157 and Starocci at 174 as a precautionary?

Well I’d hope that if a returning top 10 team gets 4 transfers in one offseason that project to finish in the top 3 that it should at least be “a match.”

37 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well I’d hope that if a returning top 10 team gets 4 transfers in one offseason that project to finish in the top 3 that it should at least be “a match.”

Don't be cheeky.  You know that dual is badass.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

45 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

you act as if we don't need "a match" when psu is concerned.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Just now, TNwrestling said:

Scottie Boykin just named Asst at Cornell this morning. He was big in the development of Hendrickson at AF. Anyone think he follows Scottie to Cornell?

Pretty certain Ivies can't take transfers.

3 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

DT press conference today

Waiting to see if any transfers go to this or commit after this.

Wyatt still has to go to Missouri & Michigan

On Flo radio they said the press conference was postponed until tomorrow.  David Taylor having second thoughts. 

Ok, I may have made that second part up.

On 5/7/2024 at 5:42 AM, nhs67 said:

How does this look at Beaver Stadium?

125 - Spratley VS Lilledahl (Davis)
133 - Cannon (Hughes) VS Nagao (Davis)
141 - Jamison VS Bartlett (Evans)
165 - Fish VS Mesenbrink
174 - Hamiti VS Facundo
184 - Plott VS Barr
*BOLD INDICATES TRANSFER

Is it wild or recency bias that makes me believe that is an actual dual?  Does this make Coach Caelingharner keep Haines down at 157 and Starocci at 174 as a precautionary?

Penn State wins 7-3 if Lilledahl goes.

Lilledahl beats Spratley.

Cannon at 133 dies a thousand deaths. There's a reason he's in the portal, and it's because he wants to go 141, and Sergio Lemley exists.

Jamison isn't on the level of Bartlett.

Alirez better be able to go 7min with SVN. I could see him get a big lead and then get absolutely melted in the last period.

Parco gets smashed at 157 by whoever Penn State throws out.

Fish gets smashed by whoever Penn State throws out.

174 Hamiti wins, unless Starocci says down.

Plott wins over Barr, unless Starocci can't get big enough and stays at 184. Then he loses.

If Starocci goes 197, he beats Carroll handily. (OSU wins the two weights that Starocci doesn't go).

Kerk beats Hendrickson handily.

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Cannon at 133 dies a thousand deaths. There's a reason he's in the portal, and it's because he wants to go 141, and Sergio Lemley exists.

Alirez better be able to go 7min with SVN. I could see him get a big lead and then get absolutely melted in the last period.

Plott wins over Barr, unless Starocci can't get big enough and stays at 184. Then he loses.

If Starocci goes 197, he beats Carroll handily. (OSU wins the two weights that Starocci doesn't go).

Slight edge to Luke I do think he is a better freestyler than folk styler he has a lot of relatively close matches in folk and Spratley can go with anyone, their u20 best of 3 last year was not very competitive though.

Cannon beat Nagao the last time they wrestled, and I think Hughes can beat him as well unless he improves this off season that weight is a toss-up to me.

To say Parco gets smashed by what is likely Sealey or some variation of SVN or Kasak I think is a bit extreme. He can probably beat Sealey I would favor SVN and Kasak slightly.

I think OSU's best lineup if they got the transfers would be to keep Alirez down at 141 and then whoever sucks less weight out of Parco and Williams to go 149 and the other 157. Williams feels like he can be very good and DT being there should really help his development.

• Bob 2

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Not to play devil's advocate or anything on the 174lb matchup, but Facundo is something like 8-0 on Hamiti, albeit all results are in MFS.

The only 157lber that is smashing Parco is Mesenbrink.  Haines isn't going 157 and Kasak and SVN would have competitive matches with him.  He would outright beat Sealey.

Alirez beats Kasak at 149 and the match with SVN is absolutely a match.  Not sure SVN would chase him down.  You're disrespecting Alirez here.

Cannon has already beaten Nagao.  Nagao seems to have regressed since Minny, so not sure why you think he easily wins there?

Spratley is absolutely in that match with Lilledahl.  It isn't a blowout by any means.

Bartlett is the Lewan of 141lbs... he is winning that match 3-1 or 4-1... most likely in OT.

Pindrickson under the tutelage of DT and with a healthy knee makes that a match.  Especially if DT gets Gwiazdowski on staff... the guy who just exposed Kerk at OTT (Bradley doesn't win that match if he doesn't see how Gwiazdowski exposed he can't chain wrestle).

Starocci destroys at whatever weight.

Plott-Barr is a match.

Fish is going to make a leap with the new training envorinment.  I still think Monster Mes makes minced meat of my man Fish there, though.

I was deliberately all over to be deliberately all over.

• Bob 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 7:42 AM, nhs67 said:

How does this look at Beaver Stadium?

125 - Spratley VS Lilledahl (Davis)
133 - Cannon (Hughes) VS Nagao (Davis)
141 - Jamison VS Bartlett (Evans)
165 - Fish VS Mesenbrink
174 - Hamiti VS Facundo
184 - Plott VS Barr
*BOLD INDICATES TRANSFER

Everything that's been projected for '24-25  to this point is Mesenbrink to 157 and Haines to 165.  Star to 184 or 197.  @Husker_Du might have some insider info but this scenario has been the most consistent 

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

30 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Everything that's been projected for '24-25  to this point is Mesenbrink to 157 and Haines to 165.  Star to 184 or 197.  @Husker_Du might have some insider info but this scenario has been the most consistent 

Mesenbrink weighed in at 161 per Benji at OTT, so I think that makes perfect sense.

• Bob 1

I had heard that this was a possibility. Looks like a grad student or Senior, one-year deal to fill 157 for the former Cyclone. Danny Nini can be built up in the meantime. Starter for Campbell (20-10) and then for Iowa State (22-15) with a Round of 16. I expect that this will be the middle and upper-weights for the ILLINI:

149 Kannon Webster

157 Jason Kraisser

165 Braeden Scoles

174 Danny Brawlnagel

184 Edmond Ruth

197 Zac Brawlnagel

HWT Luuuke Luffman

ILLINI223.jpg

• Bob 1

16 hours ago, Lurk_Nowitzki said:

I know it’s very rare but it does look like it can be done (at least as of 2017). Doesn’t apply to Hendrickson though since grad students can’t compete in Ivy League regardless. 

63F4E5B5-551E-46A6-94D2-37DB18AB70D8.png

The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is on the SUNY "side of the house", right? I imagine that changes things for people seeking transfer options.