PSU at Iowa Awards Show

Put on your finest singlet and get ready to walk the red carpet. It is award show season at Intermat. Gas up your private jet, sit in your limo waiting to make your entrance, and then be prepared to lecture the rest of us about greenhouse gases.

There Is No Team in I

Presenting our first award tonight is a man who is all about team. Because he always puts the team first (or The Lord, it alternates) opening the envelope is our very own A.J. Ferrari. A.J.F.: And the winner is...me, I am the ultimate winner. I am number one on each of my hands. But for some reason this piece of paper says @MLB9 and @Dogbone. Who the hell are those guys? 

Well, they are the Intermat celebrities who came closest to nailing the final team score. At 6-28, they each were within a point of perfection. The Happy Valley Insider folks covered themselves in glory as well.

image.png.c6179216e5d269771fdd5822265013ab.png

On the flip side, you would have to have been nuts to pick Iowa keeping this one close. And so we have a lobotomized @Mr. PeanutButter tied with a crazy @crzyctldy at the bottom of the heap. But good news, an HVI poster takes the overall "lead" here. Something to work on for next year?

image.png.0293948cdd86c03fe77fc3393cd6b986.png

Details Matter

But before you start with the victory laps let's talk about process. How you got there matters. After all, what is a team score, but the sum of a bunch of individual scores. On that front we have a different set of winners.

Take a bow @Perry for having the smallest absolute error across all ten matches. @Interviewed_at_Weehawken takes runner up while @CHROMEBIRD and @Truzzcat round up the balance of the podium positions.

image.png.8411a4fbf5ba7de68938bf430c17e18c.png

Visionaries (aka Know It Alls)

Yeah, but too much details is for nerds. All I need to know is who got the most matches correct?

This is clearly the most important category by a long, long way. I don't need to do any fancy pants math to tell either. All I need to do is look at the illustrious list of luminaries who got 9 of 10 calls correct. We like to argue a lot on these here boards, but I think there is one thing that is beyond dispute, these dudes/dudettes know wrestling. 

image.png.4041e2b0ce106a46c1e9124600d3e855.png

Back to the Math, NERD

Putting it all together. If we reduce all of this to ranks and average the ranks we get a new rank. As rank as the concept of all that math may be to some of you, you will just have to hold your noses as we crown our champion.

The straightest shooter among us took aim at, and hit, the bully's eye. Congratulations to @Interviewed_at_Weehawken for being the most comprehensively correct.

Now @nhs67, we may need to have a word.

image.thumb.png.e91b13fca28c3115fbb98c4b448d8c3a.png

Thank you everyone (also receiving votes @Barracuda141, @Le duke, @Eagle26, @Pinnacle, @JimmyBT, @Pish, @1032004, @ionel, @PortaJohn, @VakAttack, @Gus, @TylerDurden, @BIGTENFANBOY, @TheDFP, @fishbane, @flyingcement, @BAC, @Jimmy Cinnabon) for participating.

• Fire 13

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

20 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Put on your finest singlet and get ready to walk the red carpet. It is award show season at Intermat. Gas up your private jet, sit in your limo waiting to make your entrance, and then be prepared to lecture the rest of us about greenhouse gases.

There Is No Team in I

@MLB9 and @Dogbone. Who the hell are those guys? 

Well, they are the Intermat celebrities who came closest to nailing the final team score. At 6-28, they each were within a point of perfection. The Happy Valley Insider folks covered themselves in glory as well.

Not to be picky about numbers with the numbers guy but wasn't the final score 29-6?

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Not to be picky about numbers with the numbers guy but wasn't the final score 29-6?

So the score wasn't 29 to 6 or 30-29 is not equal to 1?  What am I missing (besides Jimmy ... ah no)?  🤔

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

yes, it was. 

Then at 30-6 I missed by 1 correct?

I'd like to donate all winnings I didn't recieve to the Cinnabon U-haul fund, thank you.  🙂

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Then at 30-6 I missed by 1 correct?

I'd like to donate all winnings I didn't recieve to the Cinnabon U-haul fund, thank you.  🙂

At 30-6 you would indeed be 1 point away and tied for the best prediction.

However...

image.png.e60b33307518fb87ea201252cc69a9b7.png

Misrepresenting your score is Flagrant Misconduct (Rule 5, Section 5, Article 1: ..including but not limited to non-physical acts of misbehavior...). 

The remedy per Rule 5, Section 5, Article 2 is:  Prematch, Match or Postmatch Period — Dual Meet. A flagrant misconduct violation shall be penalized by the deduction of one team point, disqualification of the predictor, removal from the premises for the remainder of the event, declaration of all the opponents as the winners and the award of six points to the opponent’s team. (Also see Rule 5.5.9 for mandatory suspension requirements.)

Do not make me go to Article 9 to see about that suspension.

57 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

At 30-6 you would indeed be 1 point away and tied for the best prediction.

However...

image.png.e60b33307518fb87ea201252cc69a9b7.png

Misrepresenting your score is Flagrant Misconduct (Rule 5, Section 5, Article 1: ..including but not limited to non-physical acts of misbehavior...). 

The remedy per Rule 5, Section 5, Article 2 is:  Prematch, Match or Postmatch Period — Dual Meet. A flagrant misconduct violation shall be penalized by the deduction of one team point, disqualification of the predictor, removal from the premises for the remainder of the event, declaration of all the opponents as the winners and the award of six points to the opponent’s team. (Also see Rule 5.5.9 for mandatory suspension requirements.)

Do not make me go to Article 9 to see about that suspension.

That was the first early prediction.  You gave all the opportunity to change/update with new info that Gabe &/or Coot might wrestle.  Do you want me to look up the forum rules on what happens when folks welch on an offer?  🤨

Screenshot_20240213-134504_Chrome.jpg.b304788c70367276fb7ed3ae60897b59.jpg

Edited by ionel

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

That was the first early prediction.  You gave all the opportunity to change/update with new info that Gabe &/or Coot might wrestle.  Do you want me to look up the forum rules on what happens when folks welch on an offer?

never saw an update for you. Judges' decisions are final.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

never saw an update for you. Judges' decisions are final.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

That was the first early prediction.  You gave all the opportunity to change/update with new info that Gabe &/or Coot might wrestle.  Do you want me to look up the forum rules on what happens when folks welch on an offer?  🤨

Screenshot_20240213-134504_Chrome.jpg.b304788c70367276fb7ed3ae60897b59.jpg

Screenshot_20240213-151118_Chrome.jpg.b1e0be69e5c4b3ef1449de189d11c6c2.jpg

Check the time stamps, you know I'm right.  But thats ok, I'll just add you to the jimmywelchlist😉

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Screenshot_20240213-151118_Chrome.jpg.b1e0be69e5c4b3ef1449de189d11c6c2.jpg

Check the time stamps, you know I'm right.  But thats ok, I'll just add you to the jimmywelchlist😉

I agree you are right, I just didn't see it. I looked back and it was buried in the quote section that had to be expanded to be seen. I usually do not expand those.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I agree you are right, I just didn't see it. I looked back and it was buried in the quote section that had to be expanded to be seen. I usually do not expand those.

We can just call it all good but blame it on Bob🙂