Iowa AD said no to AJ

On 1/8/2024 at 1:43 PM, MNRodent said:

The Ferraris and a bunch of their extended family moved to Texas, for some type of business venture I believe, but they are originally from the Jersey area.

The Ferrari bros were born and raised in Texas though they spent about 2 years in new Jersey.  i year at Blair and 1 at Bergen Catholic before moving back to Texas to wrestle. 

And, for WIW, those Jersey Shore kids were from NY.  NY doesn't have shore towns like those in Jersey.

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, RYou said:

The Ferrari bros were born and raised in Texas though they spent about 2 years in new Jersey.  i year at Blair and 1 at Bergen Catholic before moving back to Texas to wrestle.

A year or less. I mentioned this before- not sure of the 53 Ferrari threads though- they went to Blair Fall of '18, transferred to Bergen Jan 19. They weren't eligible for the post-season. Then moved back to Tx although not sure exactly when. 

• Fire 2

34 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Goodale tweeting out this morning.... "BOOM" 

Looks like we could see a Ferrari landing spot????

Could be. But he says BOOM every time they land any recruit regardless of the recruits accolades. 

The end is near for AJ. His brothers may need to distance themselves from the old man. This just wreaks the same stink as LaVar Ball. 3 sons, dads huge ego making it about himself because he never met his own goals. 

Best fit would be Poeta at Illinois, Storniolo at NW and Bono at Wisconsin being they are all Italian. Bono would seem the most desperate 

40 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

The end is near for AJ. His brothers may need to distance themselves from the old man. This just wreaks the same stink as LaVar Ball. 3 sons, dads huge ego making it about himself because he never met his own goals. 

Best fit would be Poeta at Illinois, Storniolo at NW and Bono at Wisconsin being they are all Italian. Bono would seem the most desperate 

ahh ... thought the Ferrari were Texan?  🤔

41 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Now we just need AJ Sr. to say he could beat Sanderson.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/latest-news/lavar-ball-reiterates-that-hed-beat-michael-jordan-in-a-one-on-one

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

57 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

John Smith is Italian from his mother's side.  The ginzness didn't really matter.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Lunaticfringe said:

You think Poeta or Storniolo is going to risk the culture they have built by selling out for Ferrari? Not a chance.

Bono would probably consider it if it meant anything other than pushing out a world team member in Amos, no matter how myeh he may be in folkstyle. But surely even he isn't that crappy.

i am an idiot on the internet

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You think Poeta or Storniolo is going to risk the culture they have built by selling out for Ferrari? Not a chance.

Bono would probably consider it if it meant anything other than pushing out a world team member in Amos, no matter how myeh he may be in folkstyle. But surely even he isn't that crappy.

you might be overestimating the integrity of d1 coaches generally. You build culture for it own sake, but you also build it so you can bring in a total liability and the team can still hold itself together.

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

AJ Sr. is where all these problems start. Enables the behavior from his kids and moves the family around every time there is a problem. The Lavar Ball comp is spot-on. As long as he is making the choices for those kids, nothing good will come from it.

PNWfan

32 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Amos wanted to go up last year but Thor utilized his 'free' Covid year.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

34 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Amos wanted to go up last year but Thor utilized his 'free' Covid year.

Sounds like Amos should start eating ten thousand calories a day if he wants to keep a spot in the lineup

i am an idiot on the internet

15 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Northwestern?

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2024 at 11:11 AM, KCMO2 said:

They're all going to Iowa still!  Because as a well known poster/troll/blind sqirrel put it at 3:50 pm on 12/31/23, "All 3 Ferraris will wrestle in the black and gold.  Book it."

So last year!

Grand View or Life U should scoop them up.

8 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

If we are in a spot where anyone is suggesting AJ could even get into Northwestern as a option than I would say AJ is out of any realistic options.     Time to focus on the WWE. 

Basch doesn't think AJ has the necessary talents for WWE and too much ego.🤣

And he was saying it as a WWE fan and not trashing him, being realistic.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

13 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Basch doesn't think AJ has the necessary talents for WWE and too much ego.🤣

And he was saying it as a WWE fan and not trashing him, being realistic.

I disagree with Basch.  His reasoning seemed more of defense of why Gable hasn't taken off thinking you have to be a certain age than anything AJ has done. 

I am no WWE expert, but to me AJ is perfect for WWE.  All hype (with athletic ability) and no need to back it up in a scripted contest.  He really strives on attention and crowd reaction.   Heck, he has everyone talking about doing the split double bird more than anything he has done on the mat in the last two years. Even when he won the Natty he had people talking about his 665 deadlift interview.

To me, Gable doesn't have that persona.  He may talk a little crap but not with any personality, in the WWE you have to sell it.  Gable only gets people talking for when he does something on the mat. 

Edited by Dogbone
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I disagree with Basch.  His reasoning seemed more of defense of why Gable hasn't taken off thinking you have to be a certain age than anything AJ has done. 

I am no WWE expert, but to me AJ is perfect for WWE.  All hype (with athletic ability) and no need to back it up in a scripted contest.  He really strives on attention and crowd reaction.   Heck, he has everyone talking about doing the split double bird more than anything he has done on the mat in the last two years. Even when he won the Natty he had people talking about his 665 deadlift interview.

To me, Gable doesn't have that persona.  He may talk a little crap but not with any personality, in the WWE you have to sell it.  Gable only gets people talking for when he does something on the mat. 

In WWE you have to follow the script, and mostly stay off social media.  And no marketing yourself, or any merch.