If the Iowa AD ...

ionel

5 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

From Iowa Strategic Communications: "We cannot comment on prospective student-athletes".

image.png

So they're saying he's likely to be an Iowa student-athlete. Good reporting SHP

Think About It GIF by Identity

Edited by billyhoyle

14 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

From Iowa Strategic Communications: "We cannot comment on prospective student-athletes".

Let me translate in midwesterner:

Ope let me slide by ya here.

In western:

Oh hey excuse me.. hehe beep beep.

In Texas:

Looks like the Focus family is transferring again.

In east coast: JETS SUCK SCREW DA FUHRAHRIS I WAS OLWAYS A LAMBUHGEENI GUY ANYWAYS

• Haha 3

i am an idiot on the internet

43 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

It was all staged and it worked. 

Staged by who?  For what reason?

If the claim is it was by AJ to get attention from the WWE or something, surely he could have waited for a bigger stage than the Soldier Salute right?

I don’t think it was staged at all.  I’m not surprised this happened, but I am surprised it happened in literally his first tournament before even joining the team, and against an Iowa wrestler…

• Fire 2

Superior Belief in God☝️and Jesus Christ✝️ our Lord and Savior 🙏
Romans📖8:31 - “If God is for us, who can be against us.”

--------------------

The Iowa Administration will be so over awed by the Faith of the whole car family they will have no choice but to bring the boys into the program. Having them and their great faith in the room will instantly raise the level far, far above Penn State's version of Jesus and his henchmen.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

38 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Staged by who?  For what reason?

If the claim is it was by AJ to get attention from the WWE or something, surely he could have waited for a bigger stage than the Soldier Salute right?

I don’t think it was staged at all.  I’m not surprised this happened, but I am surprised it happened in literally his first tournament before even joining the team, and against an Iowa wrestler…

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

13 hours ago, Le duke said:

Yeah. Terrible optics for Iowa.

A coworker who has watched zero point zero wrestling matches in his life texted me about it this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.  Lucky for them he was not wearing a black Iowa singlet.  

13 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

In east coast: JETS SUCK SCREW DA FUHRAHRIS I WAS OLWAYS A LAMBUHGEENI GUY ANYWAYS

Now why you gotta bring the Jets into this. We all know they still have some work to do. “Trusting the process since 1969” 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

I think this just goes away if the AD and Tom Brands do the right thing for Iowa and the sport.  I don't remember anybody in any official capacity officially remarking that A.J. was in the Hawks plans for '24.  Many assumed he was.  I bet Tom Brands quietly cuts ties with the boy, and never utters a word publicly about him or the family.  

Probably because he put out media in Iowa gear and in his public apology mentions Iowa being good to him. 

I think it goes away to Iowa fans because after all, he did make a public apology, so all is good. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

24 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Probably because he put out media in Iowa gear and in his public apology mentions Iowa being good to him. 

I think it goes away to Iowa fans because after all, he did make a public apology, so all is good. 

But did he apologize? He, or someone, expressed disappointment and regret, but did he actually apologize to anyone for anything?

This is reads like the genre of apology I like to call the nonpology. The black background, the sober language, the weird syntax, the feeling it was someone else's idea (doesn't the last sentence feel like something suggested he add?) are all hallmarks of the genre. 

At least it is not the worst form of the genre, the contingent apology. "If I offended..."

And doesn't the signature seem odd? Doesn't the J in AJ stand for Jr? So why add Jr. to the end? Does he normally do that?

I realize I am being uncharitable here, but he has earned a high degree of skepticism when it comes to any expression of contrition or awkward "apology", especially when it is as easy as a social media post that could have been authored by anyone. His actions and words have never matched this written statement. And he has had many, many, many opportunities to do that.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Fire 4

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

46 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But did he apologize? He, or someone, expressed disappointment and regret, but did he actually apologize to anyone for anything?

This is reads like the genre of apology I like to call the nonpology. The black background, the sober language, the weird syntax, the feeling it was someone else's idea (doesn't the last sentence feel like something suggested he add?) are all hallmarks of the genre. 

At least it is not the worst form of the genre, the contingent apology. "If I offended..."

And doesn't the signature seem odd? Doesn't the J in AJ stand for Jr? So why add Jr. to the end? Does he normally do that?

I realize I am being uncharitable here, but he has earned a high degree of skepticism when it comes to any expression of contrition or awkward "apology", especially when it is as easy as a social media post that could have been authored by anyone. His actions and words have never matched this written statement. And he has had many, many, many opportunities to do that.

Meh, I think it’s fair to say that was an apology.  But I’m sure someone else made him do it and may have written it.

But a little weird that it was a “story” or whatever which goes away after 24 hours I think, and Pyles said on the actual post there was a Scarface image or something which is odd.

I believe AJ stands for Albert James and his dad is AJ Sr

• Fire 2

43 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It would have been a great time to come forth with an apology in a live video setting.  He could have said," I have done a lot of stupid things in the last few years of which I am not proud of and I  apologize for.  But what I did yesterday was incredibly stupid and immature. I would like to sincerely apologize for my actions" Then he could go on a humbly explain his plan to be a better person .

• Fire 1

It would have been a great time to come forth with an apology in a live video setting.  He could have said," I have done a lot of stupid things in the last few years of which I am not proud of and I  apologize for.  But what I did yesterday was incredibly stupid and immature. I would like to sincerely apologize for my actions" Then he could go on a humbly explain his plan to be a better person .

Yeah.

Specifically, he should apologize to Glazier, the referee, and his coaches, by name, for the specific things he did.

His “apology” is an “I’m only sorry because it might impact my bottom line”, as written. It’s bullshit.

• Fire 3

9 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Yeah.

Specifically, he should apologize to Glazier, the referee, and his coaches, by name, for the specific things he did.

His “apology” is an “I’m only sorry because it might impact my bottom line”, as written. It’s bullshit.

I agree. Unacceptable.

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Superior Belief in God☝️and Jesus Christ✝️ our Lord and Savior 🙏

If he didn't mention Jesus he didn't apologize. Superior belief demands it.

• Haha 2

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Exactly.... my post was sarcastic... He gave the most generic AI copy and paste apology ... but a lot of desperate (not all) Iowa fans will accept and defend this apology and pretend it's all okay and that he paid his debt. I am reading a lot (social media) that he needs a second chance.... more like 7th or 8th.   He can still change, give him a chance.... personally I think he may be worse now than before - like the guy didn't learn his lesson at all from his previous troubles.  

• Fire 3

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Exactly.... my post was sarcastic... He gave the most generic AI copy and paste apology ... but a lot of desperate (not all) Iowa fans will accept and defend this apology and pretend it's all okay and that he paid his debt. I am reading a lot (social media) that he needs a second chance.... more like 7th or 8th.   He can still change, give him a chance.... personally I think he may be worse now than before - like the guy didn't learn his lesson at all from his previous troubles.  

Agreed.   The fact that he was very recently facing criminal charges and then does this in literally his first tournament following all that is a terrible look.   I wonder if he was already paid any NIL money (as evidenced by his “bag secured” hashtag)…this is one instance where I’m really curious if these NIL deals have any sort of contracts involved…

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

Just now, 1032004 said:

Agreed.   The fact that he was very recently facing criminal charges and then does this in literally his first tournament following all that is a terrible look.   I wonder if he was already paid any NIL money (as evidenced by his “bag secured” hashtag…this is one instance where I’m really curious if these NIL deals have any sort of contracts involved…

I am guessing that the larger NIL amounts will have a contract attached. I don't see any wiggle room for handshake deals. My understanding from a personal experience is that there has to be proof that there has been a service of some kind in exchange for the money.... but I am sure that there are people on  here that are more knowledgable... but to your point, yeah I would want my money back.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I am guessing that the larger NIL amounts will have a contract attached. I don't see any wiggle room for handshake deals. My understanding from a personal experience is that there has to be proof that there has been a service of some kind in exchange for the money.... but I am sure that there are people on  here that are more knowledgable... but to your point, yeah I would want my money back.

The thing is, I’d be kinda surprised if he received a “larger amount,” although I know there was a rumor of a house or something.  I mean did any other school even want him?

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The thing is, I’d be kinda surprised if he received a “larger amount,” although I know there was a rumor of a house or something.  I mean did any other school even want him?

Good point... only teams willing to take a gamble, which means he probably had few suitors to drive up the price.  I heard that house thing as well... with all the Ferraris living in the house together.... that's like a Looney Toons powder keg about to go off. 

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Good point... only teams willing to take a gamble, which means he probably had few suitors to drive up the price.

I'm betting you wrote that intentionally, but yeah ... betting Iowa only program willing to gamble😉

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I'm sure that other schools thought about it. About 2 seconds and said no. The risk would be to great for the amount of damage they would incur. 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word.