So is Crookham for real?

ionel

10 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Fix maybe.  Ivy schools don't allow grad students to compete.  Jake Logan is in his fifth year out of high school and is working on a Master's at Lehigh, but Vito is seven years out of high school and is still working on his Bachelor's.  I hope Lehigh uses this as a selling point in recruiting; lots of their wrestlers leave with two degrees after five years.

Everyone makes fun of Kemmerer at Iowa for 7 years or whatever.  (Including him making fun of himself).  I think he ended up with three degrees, however.  Granted, probably not engineering, but Kem was a good student.  (I believe he was highly recruited by  Cornell, Lehigh, Stanford.  Not sure if accepted)

1 hour ago, jdalu75 said:

Fix maybe.  Ivy schools don't allow grad students to compete.  Jake Logan is in his fifth year out of high school and is working on a Master's at Lehigh, but Vito is seven years out of high school and is still working on his Bachelor's.  I hope Lehigh uses this as a selling point in recruiting; lots of their wrestlers leave with two degrees after five years.

Ivy schools also don't allow wrestlers to be enrolled in school if not competing without losing a year of eligibility.

Logan didn't lose a year of competition to COVID, nor was he good enough to qualify for an Olympic red shirt, so that's two years right there for Arujau.  Maybe Cornell can use this as *their* selling point:  lots of their wrestlers leave with experience competing and winning on the international stage!

Judging by recent recruiting results for Cornell, Lehigh needs to do something more to sell the Bethlehem experience than tout their ability to enroll while redshirting and competing as a graduate student.  Those drawbacks don't seem to be hurting Cornell too much.

Edited by BigRedFan

7 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Ivy schools also don't allow wrestlers to be enrolled in school if not competing without losing a year of eligibility.

Logan didn't lose a year of competition to COVID, nor was he good enough to qualify for an Olympic red shirt, so that's two years right there for Arujau.  Maybe Cornell can use this as *their* selling point:  lots of their wrestlers leave with experience competing and winning on the international stage!

Judging by recent recruiting results for Cornell, Lehigh needs to do something more to sell the Bethlehem experience than tout their ability to enroll while redshirting and competing as a graduate student.  Those drawbacks don't seem to be hurting Cornell too much.

Be real, GRF...

A Cornell degree, just in name alone, is far superior.  They don't need to bank on that for a selling point.

Lehigh going of the 'quantity' and not 'quality' approach is still a win for Cornell.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Come to Lehigh, where freshmen come to beat world champs!

• Fire 2

48 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Come to Lehigh, where freshmen come to beat world champs!

Four philosophers are on a train in Scotland, where they observe a black sheep on a hill.  The first philosopher exclaims "All sheep in Scotland are black!".  The second philosopher says "There is at least one sheep in Scotland that is black!".  The third philosopher smugly says "There is at least one sheep in Scotland that is black on at least one side!"  The fourth philosopher then says "There is at least one sheep in Scotland that is black on at least one side...at least some of the time."

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Four philosophers are on a train in Scotland, where they observe a black sheep on a hill.  The first philosopher exclaims "All sheep in Scotland are black!".  The second philosopher says "There is at least one sheep in Scotland that is black!".  The third philosopher smugly says "There is at least one sheep in Scotland that is black on at least one side!"  The fourth philosopher then says "There is at least one sheep in Scotland that is black on at least one side...at least some of the time."

The conductor says "These windows need cleaning."

• Fire 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, jross said:

Getting Gable's last name correct matters, but there is a reason for this common oversight.  

According to namecensus.com, 'Stevenson' is the 432nd most popular surname, 'Steveson' is the 19,416th, 'Crookham' is the 66,371st, and 'Crooham' doesn't appear to be a listed surname.

I angered an old boss so many times for spelling his name Jared rather than Jarad.  That doggone spell checker and crazy parents trying to be unique.

Really bad when you are writing names like J Robinson.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

lol I’m just trolling you

• BobDole changed the title to So is Crookham for real?
26 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Do as I say not as I do. Maybe a 2 tier rule system.

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He deleted my response too. Where is the outcry in the Twitter thread about my freedom of speech?

I didn't know Senators could be Dictators, its clearly a Trumpian move.  I'd rather he delete the entire thread!  This is not what the thread was about, it was about the little known Crooham who kept showing up in the rankings a folk's data tables.  🤨

Forget about banning basketball, I say Ban BobDool.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Zahnarzt said:

So if Crookham is for real, what becomes of McGonagle?  Lehigh has Luke Stanich at 125 and Malyke Hines at 141.  So it’s not likely that McGonagle fits into the lineup anywhere.  Does he transfer?  Who needs a 133?

McGonagle is in his fifth year at Lehigh, counting the non-counting Covid year.  He has one more year of eligibility, if he wants it.  So he could graduate and call it a career, or he could graduate and transfer as a grad student.  Or, if some of the other pieces shuffle (149 remains a mystery, Malyke Hines has problems holding 141), he could return to 141 where he spent his first three seasons and Hines could bump up to 149.  Or maybe, since he and Crookham have injury histories, it will take two of them to get through the season.  I'm remembering how Lehigh had two good 285s a few years back, Doug Vollaro and Max Wessell, who were rarely healthy at the same time but managed to cover the weight for several years.

It's a mystery.

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, Zahnarzt said:

So if Crookham is for real, what becomes of McGonagle?  Lehigh has Luke Stanich at 125 and Malyke Hines at 141.  So it’s not likely that McGonagle fits into the lineup anywhere.  Does he transfer?  Who needs a 133?

Into the Portal . More than likely. What year is McGonagle?

56 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

I'm remembering how Lehigh had two good 285s a few years back, Doug Vollaro and Max Wessell, who were rarely healthy at the same time but managed to cover the weight for several years.

random question - was Wessell the one with a judo background?

Apologies if this has ben addressed elsewhere.  Why is Luke Stanich not wrestling? Why did neither Hines nor McGonagle wrestle against Penn State? On Hines and McGonagle, someone needs to go up to 149 - if Hines has trouble holding at 141, why isn't he moving up?  Thanks in advance for any intel or insights.

56 minutes ago, Ted Bahr said:

Apologies if this has ben addressed elsewhere.  Why is Luke Stanich not wrestling? Why did neither Hines nor McGonagle wrestle against Penn State? On Hines and McGonagle, someone needs to go up to 149 - if Hines has trouble holding at 141, why isn't he moving up?  Thanks in advance for any intel or insights.

Stanich is a true freshman and the staff hasn't decided whether he'll defer or not.  If he defers he's limited to five dates.  Hines had a minor leg injury; he may be back tonight vs OKS.  Right now McGonagle is a 133-pounder and Crookham wrestled against Penn State.

• Fire 2