Vito loses for the first time to anyone, anywhere since 6-Jan-2023

lu_alum

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I think Crookham should be 1st. If it was just a dual and he pulled an upset over the #1, I’d say it’s not enough to put him that high. But he won a tough tournament and also beat the #6. If rankings are to reflect current results (which they are), I’d say he’s #1

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I think Crookham should be 1st. If it was just a dual and he pulled an upset over the #1, I’d say it’s not enough to put him that high. But he won a tough tournament and also beat the #6. If rankings are to reflect current results (which they are), I’d say he’s #1

Crookham will face Fix in December so really no reason to bump him to #1 till then.  He'd prob be better off not going into GIA as the #1.  

Crookham looked really good in that match.  Vito looked like he wasn't excited to be there.   Maybe it was a mental mistake on his part.   Vito had some great shots but Crookham had some great defense.   For a freshman, he showed maturity beyond his years. 

I say Crookham is a player this year barring injury. 

mspart

• Fire 1

Crookham will face Fix in December so really no reason to bump him to #1 till then.  He'd prob be better off not going into GIA as the #1.  

Or, why not just put Crookham at #1 now since Fix will have a chance to take it from him in December?

In all honesty, I’d be fine with 1. Fix, 2. Crookham, 3. Vito. You can argue it either way though… how does Fix go above Vito, or how does Crookham go above Fix (if you put Crookham #1)?

I predict that Vito will win it all in March, but rankings and predictions are different. I’d be disappointed if they keep Vito ranked ahead of Crookham. Otherwise, it’s debatable how it should be right now.
  • Fire 2

22 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Or, why not just put Crookham at #1 now since Fix will have a chance to take it from him in December?

In all honesty, I’d be fine with 1. Fix, 2. Crookham, 3. Vito. You can argue it either way though… how does Fix go above Vito, or how does Crookham go above Fix (if you put Crookham #1)?

I predict that Vito will win it all in March, but rankings and predictions are different. I’d be disappointed if they keep Vito ranked ahead of Crookham. Otherwise, it’s debatable how it should be right now.

Fix could go above Vito by the fact that he hasn't lost this year (I know thin data).  Sure it doesn't matter but I don't think Crookham will want to go into GIA as the #1 in the country.  By mid Dec it will be worked out as the round robin between the three should be complete.  

Crookham the next Cael?   As in undefeated 4 years?   Ok, that's a long shot but does anyone see why he couldn't be a 4 time NCAA champion?   A lot of promise shown in that match.   Not a feared of anyone.   Confident.   Very impressive.   I guess we'll see when the time comes. 

mspart

11 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

The kid just trained for and peaked for the world two months ago. I wouldn’t get too antsy. I don’t think it would be surprising if he wasn’t 100% into it right now.

The first TD he was literally looking to run the lace as part of his chain wrestling. I have a hunch the returning freestyle world champ with an eye toward making the olympic freestyle team had a lapse in judgment at his first folk competition. I bet he also didn't expose his shoulders despite the fact you can basically pin yourself and still come out ahead 3-0 (twoooooo!). He still shouldn't be too worried, the only two people who can beat him in March are 1) himself and 2) another senior world silver medalist that he properly dismantled in the lesser style last March.

image.png.21126adf0bf8501cc6a701e5b5db3163.png

image.png.19101c9349683f726516b1ee1dc4522f.png

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Watched the match on Youtube and had to rewind to figure how it was 3-0 after the first TD. I was looking for where the penalty point was when I remembered the 3 point TD.

This match also make clear to me how much the pushout rule changes wrestling.

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Crookham the next Cael?   As in undefeated 4 years?   Ok, that's a long shot but does anyone see why he couldn't be a 4 time NCAA champion?   A lot of promise shown in that match.   Not a feared of anyone.   Confident.   Very impressive.   I guess we'll see when the time comes. 

mspart

To do that, he'll have to beat Vito at least twice and perhaps three times this year.  January and twice in March.

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

Man... it would be cool to see someone pull a Dake, but go undefeated while doing it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

What is Vito's weight going to look like in March? (The same could be said of Fix.)

Look at the NCAA schedule next to the USA Wrestling schedule.

12 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

What is Vito's weight going to look like in March? (The same could be said of Fix.)

Look at the NCAA schedule next to the USA Wrestling schedule.

Which was why I wanted two things...
- Fix to go 125lbs for NCAAs...
- Arujau to go 65 KG for OTT.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me