New blood for the US at 97kg

Pa in Taiwan

12 hours ago, Gus said:

Snyder does look like he needs to pack on some more muscle and get some more horsepower. That is surely something that has been lacking in his game.

Well SnyderMan is a mountain of muscle, but they are like a typical weightlifter, and if you look at Dake in comparison who’s obviously muscular but different from SnyderMan, so I was wondering if SnyderMan might benefit in something like what Dake does. 

1 hour ago, de4856 said:

Well SnyderMan is a mountain of muscle, but they are like a typical weightlifter, and if you look at Dake in comparison who’s obviously muscular but different from SnyderMan, so I was wondering if SnyderMan might benefit in something like what Dake does. 

Perhaps the difference in build has something to do with the fact that Dake wrestles 74kg and Snyder wrestles 97kg?? I knows it’s an out there thought but just throwing mud at the wall to see what sticks…

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Gus said:

Perhaps the difference in build has something to do with the fact that Dake wrestles 74kg and Snyder wrestles 97kg?? I knows it’s an out there thought but just throwing mud at the wall to see what sticks…

I don't know.  23 KG is only ~50lbs, so I don't think there is any merit to this.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

To do what Dake does and to be as lean as he is here is what we have...

Snyder is 71" tall.  Dake is 70" tall.

Snyder weighs 97KG (213.8lbs) when he weighs in.  Dake weighs 74 KG (163.1lbs) when he weighs in.

If we scale Dake up (70/74*97=91.7... let's call it 91...) we need to make him 7'7" tall.  Snyder needs to get some extensions.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

To do what Dake does and to be as lean as he is here is what we have...

Snyder is 71" tall.  Dake is 70" tall.

Snyder weighs 97KG (213.8lbs) when he weighs in.  Dake weighs 74 KG (163.1lbs) when he weighs in.

If we scale Dake up (70/74*97=91.7... let's call it 91...) we need to make him 7'7" tall.  Snyder needs to get some extensions.

So you are saying Synder should be able to make 74 keggers?  🙂

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I seem to recall him complaining about the cut to 74, though it might have been just been normal Dake-griping. But it sounded like it was a rather loathsome descent.

I'll never forget the story of the time that after a hard workout Dake didn't like what the scale said so he immediately started complaining to the ref about the scale poking him in the eye.

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

5 hours ago, ionel said:

So you are saying Synder should be able to make 74 keggers?  🙂

Well the math there is that he would need to cut 17" in height to make 74 KG at a reasonably healtht 4'6" tall.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Parris would be the only one with a shot to beat him IMO

The only two with any semblance of a chance to make 97 would be Elam and Davison. Neither strikes fear into the hearts of senior opponents… or their age-group peerset.

i am an idiot on the internet

I gotta say, I’d be thrilled if it weren’t the case bc he just hosed the two best 97’s from last year handily, but I’m pretty sure Tazh had a hearty mix of Mohammadian and Boltokaev blood in his gatorade bottles.  

Little bit of Vitamin T with the ol Trenbologny sandwich goes a long way at worlds, but somehow always gets snagged at the olympics…for wrestlers at least.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Stop.

I'm a Parris fan but there isn't anyone domestically...

Parris just got the same medal at a higher weight, you wouldn’t give him a chance against Snyder?

The more unrealistic thing would be him cutting ~40 lbs, especially since he’s the favorite for the Olympic Spot at heavyweight unless there is legitimate reason to believe Gable is coming back.

Edited by 1032004

Unless something drastically changes I don’t think there’s anyone in the College ranks that would give SnyderMan a run for his money. The only one that could is J’den, but I don’t think he will. I honestly believe that SnyderMan is in J’den head. It kind of reminds me of the Sammy Brooks, Miles Martin, and Bo Nickal trilogy. Bo, and Miles traded matches at times, and Bo would absolutely destroy Sammy. But Sammy would or did have Miles number. 

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Parris just got the same medal at a higher weight, you wouldn’t give him a chance against Snyder?

The more unrealistic thing would be him cutting ~40 lbs, especially since he’s the favorite for the Olympic Spot at heavyweight unless there is legitimate reason to believe Gable is coming back.

I wouldn't.  260lbs Parris =/= 213lb Parris.

14 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

The only two with any semblance of a chance to make 97 would be Elam and Davison. Neither strikes fear into the hearts of senior opponents… or their age-group peerset.

Cassioppi.