Twitter is better

jross

11 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

this has gotten bizarre. a lot of you guys are assuming i was playing some weird game and feigning ignorance. 

i knew of the Sandy Hook shootings. I knew of Alex Jones saying it was staged or didn't happen or some weird conspiracy theory. that's it. that's all i knew.

hell i asked in about four or five posts. 

furthermore, Sandy Hook was a tertiary topic that y'all inserted. it wasn't even germane to what I was saying which is simply i've seen clips of Alex Jones monologues where things he said years ago are now proving themselves true.

this is all to say that what's conspiracy today often becomes true over time.

I'm in no way an Alex Jones stan - i don't follow him, watch him, know much about him. 

and for you guys to suggest i'm trivializing the death of children when the context of the conversation is still right there for you to read is both rich and a reach. 

I'm interested in knowing specifics on Alex Jones' conspiracy theories that have proven true

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

We are now 53 pages into this thread so:

Is Twitter better?

Surely this dilemma has been resolved.  🤔

I am willing to accept the opinion of @jross.  He loves it.

Note: That doesn't mean we are prohibited from laughing at Elon's antics and money burning apparatus!

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I am willing to accept the opinion of @jross.  He loves it.

Note: That doesn't mean we are prohibited from laughing at Elon's antics and money burning apparatus!

But here is the thing abput a money burning apparatus. You first have to make money, and no one has ever been better at that.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 8/28/2023 at 8:14 PM, Plasmodium said:

I can accept that you can't provide any specifics without complaint.  How am I a snowflake?

You're obviously not a snowflake.

Some people here just feel the need to repeat Fox news material 24/7. "Fox Robots" all day every day.

If they could just take the time to consider posting original thought and content, this could be a measurably better place.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I don't own a boat!!  Money evaporates with those things. 

mspart

Definition of

1) boat: a fiberglass hole in the water into which you pour all your money,

2) airplane: an aluminum hole in the sky into which you pour all your money.

If you meet someone who owns both a boat and an airplane you should by definition assume one of them is in disrepair.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Personally I’d rather have the CINC strengthening or building international alliances to prevent future loss of life then taking photos to appease the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that what he is doing today?

mspart

33 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Just curious as this happened a generation ago - at what point does this become history and not active mourning? Similar to  December 7 for example.

Ummm...never!!  Why does it bother you and want it to just "become history"??  Name one thing in your lifetime that has been even remotely significant to 9/11 for the USA.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Ummm...never!!  Why does it bother you and want it to just "become history"??  Name one thing in your lifetime that has been even remotely significant to 9/11 for the USA.

Somebody is upset.  Don't be.  Being historical doesn't mean trivialized, insignificant,  forgotten or even muted.  At some point presidents and vice presidents will stop annual appearances at ground zero on 9/11, not different from other watermark events in history.  I think we may be there now.