Twitter is better

jross

On 7/31/2023 at 9:09 PM, Plasmodium said:

There were cranes doing that work.  Both putting it up and tearing it down a few days later.   That sign cost many millions.

... and I can't image that logo is worth more than about $2. It may be the worst logo in the history of tech companies. Truly awful thing to behold. That being said, ol' Musky did admit that the logo will be evolving (which is quirky billionaire speak for "I know, it does suck.")

But that wasn't the worst thing. The "rebranding" of Twitter might have been the laziest rebranding of any online service since the dawn of the internet, much less a $13B internet presence... almost nothing changed.

Which does speak to the idea that it is "temporary"... maybe ol' Musky wants to make a big splash with an actually cool name and cool rebranding. It just took longer than he anticipated (like basically, everything he's ever done.)

My money is on the awful 'X' logo being replaced 'soon'-ish. But I wouldn't bet on anything further. That ship seems to be directed toward the Bermuda Triangle.

OIF.gQCWRkrfBOihBQRT5toGVA?pid=ImgDet&rs

Blah, blah... don't try to misdirect and get us off topic.

My opinion is clear - Twitter logo was good. The 'X' logo is shite. (As Elmo has ~admitted to, also.)

C'mon - let's see some substance here. Someone post a tech company logo that is worse. Let's stick with Silicon Valley level companies, not the 16 year old down the street. (For those inclined to cheat.)

No worse logo's posted = you have no argument. That is the way I expect this to go down, and I'll win.

liberals' fascination with complaining about twitter is really something. 

like junior high girls. 

they love to bash anything twitter (that is an option to use/look at)

but lined up in droves to take an experimental vaccine

• Fire 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

liberals' fascination with complaining about twitter is really something. 

like junior high girls. 

they love to bash anything twitter (that is an option to use/look at)

but lined up in droves to take an experimental vaccine

And, no it isn't liberals' rejecting the rebranding... it is people of both parties. Including yourself. Right here

Rebranded as 'X' - we still all call it Twitter... because about a month into it, nobody is buying in.

It is simply an enormous rebranding failure. (Which is 100% on topic with the OP.)

Deflect by bringing up the vaccine, or any of the many dumb Fox News topics designed specifically for dummies to repeat when they have nothing important or legitimate to say. 

Twitter hasn't gotten better - and the changes we've seen (like the logo) have only taken it backward.

It's not political. Maybe best to get off that high horse. It's just people rejecting unhelpful change. (That used up R vs D bent is getting old.)

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

And, no it isn't liberals' rejecting the rebranding... it is people of both parties. Including yourself. Right here

Rebranded as 'X' - we still all call it Twitter... because about a month into it, nobody is buying in.

It is simply an enormous rebranding failure. (Which is 100% on topic with the OP.)

Deflect by bringing up the vaccine, or any of the many dumb Fox News topics designed specifically for dummies to repeat when they have nothing important or legitimate to say. 

Twitter hasn't gotten better - and the changes we've seen (like the logo) have only taken it backward.

It's not political. Maybe best to get off that high horse. It's just people rejecting unhelpful change. (That used up R vs D bent is getting old.)

Yet here you are.  Absolutely hilarious...most ironic and hypocritical poster on here.

• Fire 1

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-cage-match-surgery-ab2db3d27862fb9ef188d438bf002862

Elon Musk is working on becoming the bionic man before his cage match with Mark Zuckerberg. Seems unfair if you ask me.

The article says it will be live streamed on X. I assume that is so no one will see it? Does anyone know if DeSantis decided to run?

On 8/4/2023 at 8:37 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I typed in x.com in the URL (not google or other search engine, the actual URL area) and it sent me to twitter.com.   So the name hasn't changed which is why everyone calls it Twitter.  Only the 🦜 changed to X.  Nothing else changed.  

image.png.2030f512eea49b52819ad5eb1054397d.png

mspart

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

I typed in x.com in the URL (not google or other search engine, the actual URL area) and it sent me to twitter.com.   So the name hasn't changed which is why everyone calls it Twitter.  Only the 🦜 changed to X.  Nothing else changed.  

image.png.2030f512eea49b52819ad5eb1054397d.png

mspart

I hearf he has applied for a trademark for "Twitter marks the spot"