Twitter is better

jross

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

Matt Damon can grow potatoes on Mars.  You are not as smart as Matt Damon. 

How you like them apples??

Well sure ... but if we are gonna populate a planet with Musk's sperm/offspring then what better place than Mars and I say let them eat spuds! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Shall we start making short list for Eve?

Good point.  With Musk we already got the smart DNA but surviving on Mars is gonna be tough. 

Maybe looking for genetic material able to survive opening up the western plains:

woman-3.jpg

or even harsher conditions say a million years ago:

actress-raquel-welch-on-the-set-of-one-m

🙅‍♀️

32 minutes ago, ionel said:

Good point.  With Musk we already got the smart DNA but surviving on Mars is gonna be tough. 

Maybe looking for genetic material able to survive opening up the western plains:

woman-3.jpg

or even harsher conditions say a million years ago:

actress-raquel-welch-on-the-set-of-one-m

🙅‍♀️

Decisions, decisions. 

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Why are we fixated on colonizing on Mars? I don’t see any oceans for kayaks.  Wearing a space suit will undoubtedly lessen the smoking experience, whether it be brisket or ganja….and there are no alligators to shoot at. 

Why is this attractive? 

This is really an important issue.   No smoking of meats there?   HaHa!   I'm not going.  

mspart

I can understand attacking Musk for this since he is a free speech crusader but why not also go after Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and others?   They certainly have more bona fides than Musk on censoring. 

mspart

• Bob 1

I can understand attacking Musk for this since he is a free speech crusader but why not also go after Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and others?   They certainly have more bona fides than Musk on censoring. 
mspart

Because they don’t claim to be “free speech absolutists” like Musk.

They aren’t hypocrites; he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, jross said:

Citing sources of lies, censorship, and manipulation to amplify social views of Democratic views while suppressing those on the right.  I believe this was part of the plan to win the presidency because it was admitted as much.  https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Core of complaint.

I share the concern of Twitter Chinese employee that said

• Censorship destroys public conversation.
  • The First Amendment in the U.S.A. exists specifically to prevent the government from silencing the people.

Evidence

Here we had a publicly owned company running a digital town square that connects millions of people.

Evidence

It's been proven repeatedly that people conform to the people around them.  "You are who you hang out with" is a well-known saying. 

Evidence

The company lies to the public.  They lie in court.  They say they are not doing the things they are accused of doing around censorship. 

Evidence

Later it comes out that not only was this company censoring information, the government was paying them to do so. 

Evidence

Beyond foreign, this was domestic psychological warfare. 

Evidence

I believe millions of people, myself included, were influenced to think a certain way because of censorship.  Censorship to silence people with certain speech, to gaslight them, and to amplify other social views is anti-American.  

The Twitter files are remarkable.  It exposes unacceptable behavior that many people were unaware of and that smart people cannot believe is true.  It does not matter who is breaking the story because the screenshots of emails are stand-alone evidence of facts.

Reminder about why Twitter is better.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Danny Deck said:

"I know I told you to go ***duck** yourselves, but now I would like for the state to force you to give me money."

https://www.theverge.com/2024/8/6/24214536/x-elon-musk-antitrust-lawsuit-advertisers-boycott

Ah, the free speech absolutist and his smaller government/less regulation lap dog, Jim Jordan, strike again.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

My favorite part of 

is how well the people love it.

——

And because of this commitment to our users, even despite the boycott, usage has reached all time highs. Using a Twitter legacy metric, user active minutes, in August 2022, people spent 7.2 billion active minutes on the platform. Today, that number is more than 9 billion, a 25% increase.
The same is true for video - even compared to last year, daily video views are up 45% to 8.2 billion. X is innovating and growing.

3 minutes ago, jross said:

My favorite part of 

is how well the people love it.

——

And because of this commitment to our users, even despite the boycott, usage has reached all time highs. Using a Twitter legacy metric, user active minutes, in August 2022, people spent 7.2 billion active minutes on the platform. Today, that number is more than 9 billion, a 25% increase.
The same is true for video - even compared to last year, daily video views are up 45% to 8.2 billion. X is innovating and growing.

By growing I assume they mean shrinking.

image.png.b7b6dc8c5bc3780231d51585aa84a2a3.png

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge