InterMat Forums v. Ban Basketball

BobDole

Does Ban Basketball owe Bob Dole $1,000?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Please render a verdict

• Yes he is guilty of all charges
    • No, he is not guilty

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Your existence initiate it at this point.

Move on.

As we said in Minnesota,  heyah! Giddy on,  boy!

Stop antagonizing and I'll be gone from you.  Heyah! Giddy on, boy!

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

28 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

As we said in Minnesota,  heyah! Giddy on,  boy!

Stop antagonizing and I'll be gone from you.  Heyah! Giddy on, boy!

Last word?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

What a shit show

-Porta John

The one and only thing I really dislike about this BBS is the piling on.

As a wrestler, it goes against every competitive fiber in my being.

A couple folks in a dispute, then a dozen appear out of nowhere and the dispute ends in whatever way the dozen choose.

I do hate it.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

1) this fits your character - you hate democracy

2) no one gives a ***duck duck goose** what you think

3) leave. 

1. Democracy is the best system of government the world has ever known.

2. I find quite a few posters here interesting, informed, and smart. I enjoy interacting with them.

3. Ah, I get it - you want to be "frenemies". Well done, bro.

31N8LoBeT4eFn0qzoqx65ZAGcf2u7ijzojkNKU=

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, PencilNeck said:

Excluding 2020 and going off of the media guide for 2014-2022 and +1 for 2023, I counted lower than 13; adding in 2013 to make it go over 10 seasons rather than years, I get higher than 13 (note that BB did not attempt to get in on the wager I offered when he made this reply) 🙂 

This is what I have.

Across 10 tournaments, 14 total.

Across 9 of the last 10 calendar years (i.e. excluding 2020), 12 total.

I did it both ways because it was not clear what you mean by years.

image.png.539c8705615e3f65698623a7a19d0e3d.png

And for the trivia buffs in the crowd I have UNI with 130 total AA's (includes 1 in 2020).

image.png.acd0782eaf841e2221a2b660b709a3a8.png

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

24 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

This is what I have.

Across 10 tournaments, 14 total.

Across 9 of the last 10 calendar years (i.e. excluding 2020), 12 total.

I did it both ways because it was not clear what you mean by years.

image.png.539c8705615e3f65698623a7a19d0e3d.png

And for the trivia buffs in the crowd I have UNI with 130 total AA's (includes 1 in 2020).

image.png.acd0782eaf841e2221a2b660b709a3a8.png

They also had several years throughout the 70's when they were DII.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

I love the symmetry with the original thread that we could argue that for the 10 past years as of today that it’s 17 (counting 2020 committee awarded AA and HM AA), 14 (not counting HM, or skipping 2020 and going back to ‘13), or even 9 (nine individuals earning AA over that time, some multiple).

but the answer for most of us here would be 12.

And if the original argument that precipitated the non-bet was that UNI was that was good/crappy based on an over/under of 14 AA in 10 years, well, looks like they’re still doing okay.

38 minutes ago, PencilNeck said:

I love the symmetry with the original thread that we could argue that for the 10 past years as of today that it’s 17 (counting 2020 committee awarded AA and HM AA), 14 (not counting HM, or skipping 2020 and going back to ‘13), or even 9 (nine individuals earning AA over that time, some multiple).

but the answer for most of us here would be 12.

And if the original argument that precipitated the non-bet was that UNI was that was good/crappy based on an over/under of 14 AA in 10 years, well, looks like they’re still doing okay.

Penrith actually had a better record than Schwab,  with a tough dual schedule,  for his first ten years,  which was how long Penrith was there.  Schwab's last five years or so have really upped UNI's game. 

Barring something happening,  I'm pretty much banking on his second national champ in five years' time. 

It'd had been nineteen years since our last one (2000). 

6 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Why are we arguing with a basketball player?

kidding. This is good entertainment to come back to.. carry on

Everyone here must hate Basketball to some degree. For me it's when I miss the 125 match and half of 133.

Makes me wanna smash my TV watching these clowns foul each other to extend the clock!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohio Elite said:

Everyone here must hate Basketball to some degree. For me it's when I miss the 125 match and half of 133.

Makes me wanna smash my TV watching these clowns foul each other to extend the clock!

It drives me crazy that it always seems to be for mediocre or worse basketball. The games on the B1G Network and the like are never marquee match ups. Those go to the bigger outlets.

That said, I love basketball. V for Villanova, V for Victory.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

On this we can agree. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It drives me crazy that it always seems to be for mediocre or worse basketball. The games on the B1G Network and the like are never marquee match ups. Those go to the bigger outlets.

That said, I love basketball. V for Villanova, V for Victory.

A good friend of mine is a professor at Villanova.

There's no need to read beyond the last post on Page 1 posted by Husker.  BB quotes Husker's count by year and then lays out the bet.  Bet was accepted. BB was proven wrong and tried to change the terms of the bet.  Geez this bet was laid out almost 11 years ago.  Husker is due (not DU) his $1K with at least 10 years interest for reneging on the payment, probably closer to $2k given the Biden rate of inflation (and that's not propaganda).

6 minutes ago, RYou said:

There's no need to read beyond the last post on Page 1 posted by Husker.  BB quotes Husker's count by year and then lays out the bet.  Bet was accepted. BB was proven wrong and tried to change the terms of the bet.  Geez this bet was laid out almost 11 years ago.  Husker is due (not DU) his $1K with at least 10 years interest for reneging on the payment, probably closer to $2k given the Biden rate of inflation (and that's not propaganda).

Inflation would be just over $1.3k...

Add in a 100% interest rate for wasting everyone's time and that is $2.6k.

I believe someone once said something about 'Never betting unless I know I will win...' meaning they now (ten years ago) have gone against their personally ingrained 'standards' of which they live by.

Interesting.  Even for a Keyboard Warrior Supremo.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, RYou said:

So,  you know EXACTLY what went down after one page,  eh?

Perhaps you may need to read just a tad more as Husker had nothing to do with the bet.

But, by Gum, you KNOW what happened. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Inflation would be just over $1.3k...

Add in a 100% interest rate for wasting everyone's time and that is $2.6k.

I believe someone once said something about 'Never betting unless I know I will win...' meaning they now (ten years ago) have gone against their personally ingrained 'standards' of which they live by.

Interesting.  Even for a Keyboard Warrior Supremo.

That line still stands today.  I set him up for a sucker bet,  he changed the conditions,  and we never agreed upon the final terms. 

That's on YOU if you can't decipher something so simple and clear.