I thought Nick Lee was going to be the guy?

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Sounds like there was a clear winner.  I like these rules.   People shut down offensive wrestling prior to and during most of OT.

Under the current rules, someone would have to be out of their mind to drag things out to OT. The pacing of tournaments are fast so wrestlers will want to take care of business as soon as possible. Shot clock, etc. also forces scoring and keeps OT from dragging on for long.

• Fire 1

Why are people acting like this is the first time people misunderstood criteria and the scoreboard?

The criteria is(was) clear, if you understand the ruling.  On the mat, both wrestlers knew going in it was 'BEST-WORST-LAST' so I am not sure the rub here.

Bartlett gave him all he could handle... yes... Lee still won the match, even if Bartlett's hand was raised.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

By the way, I was wrong about the criteria (last score).

I just looked it up and least number of cautions comes before last score. Of course, Bartlett got the caution with 3 seconds left. If I recall correctly, they took about thirty seconds to restart the match at that point (with 3 seconds left) I assume because there was a little confusion at the scorers table.

And it obviously did not get fixed. If you look at the screenshot posted above, they mistakenly have the caution marker next to Lee's score, hence the confusion from the scorers table.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

32 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Wait, was this thread originally made to bash Lee?

Its OK, this Lee can actually take it. Pretty sure no matter what happens his Dad won't be making any videos either. 

Edited by Pinnacle
  • Haha 1

Not many rule changes I'd make in freestyle, but one I'd definitely make is to add OT.  

If you can have a situation where the people who are closest to the sport -- the scorekeepers, coaches, refs and competitors -- don't know who won a given match, that's a problem with the rules.  

At MINIMUM, if there's no OT, change it to simply "last score wins" in the case of a tie, without all this weighting/ranking BS.

UWW needs to fix this.  We're nearing an Olympic cycle, we've already been dropped once, and the IOC has made it clear that whatchability is a central factor.  If viewers can't tell who is winning or who won, they tune out.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, BAC said:

Not many rule changes I'd make in freestyle, but one I'd definitely make is to add OT.  

If you can have a situation where the people who are closest to the sport -- the scorekeepers, coaches, refs and competitors -- don't know who won a given match, that's a problem with the rules.  

At MINIMUM, if there's no OT, change it to simply "last score wins" in the case of a tie, without all this weighting/ranking BS.

UWW needs to fix this.  We're nearing an Olympic cycle, we've already been dropped once, and the IOC has made it clear that whatchability is a central factor.  If viewers can't tell who is winning or who won, they tune out.

If the scoreboard is correct, then viewers know who is winning.  Pretty simple.

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

If the scoreboard is correct, then viewers know who is winning.  Pretty simple.

If the scoreboard says 10-10, and the losing guy's hand gets raised, then viewers DO NOT know who won.  Pretty simple.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, BAC said:

Not many rule changes I'd make in freestyle, but one,,,

If viewers can't tell who is winning or who won, they tune out.

eZo1ZR.gif

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

6 minutes ago, BAC said:

If the scoreboard says 10-10, and the losing guy's hand gets raised, then viewers DO NOT know who won.  Pretty simple.

Ummm no.

The scoreboard is wrong and has Bartlett winning.  Get the scoreboard right, you don't have an issue.

Pretty simple.

18934a81090bc4e7ecbe852f7f660ec8.jpg

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

13 hours ago, SocraTease said:

I would rather hear and talk about N. Lee than S. Lee. 

Tired of all the drama and rumors around the latter.  

We wait for a big match with him and it's all played up by social media vultures but he doesn't get out of the semis two times in a row.

Nothing against S. Lee as a wrestler.  But time to move on ... at least for now. 

No offense but, then why did you bring him up and talk about him when the conversation had nothing to do with him?