Rosselli Resigns

MPhillips

24 minutes ago, ionel said:

Where was his 1st and 2nd D1 and where did he interview within 2 years to get a bump to stay at #2?

As far as I understand it, Deion took the job to help build a HBU program, then there was some issue over his salaries(a dispute about his compensation as it was tied to some incentives). 

That was why he left for Colorado...or partially why. 

But coaches from revenue generating sports from the power 5 use interest from other schools to get pay bumps fairly regularly. Coaches have a good year or two and they get massive deals at a lot of the Power5. 

This leads to some absolutely terrible decisions by Athletic Departments. 

Mel Tucker’s job leading Michigan State to a resurgent season made him one of the hottest coaches in the country and a potential target to poach.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2021/11/mel-tuckers-massive-contract-extension-is-fully-guaranteed-with-buyout-unchanged.html

It doesn't seem real common in Wrestling though. I can't recall a situation in which a coach has gone and visited another program offering him an extension just to use it as leverage...

3 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

As far as I understand it, Deion took the job to help build a HBU program, then there was some issue over his salaries(a dispute about his compensation as it was tied to some incentives). 

But coaches from revenue generating sports from the power 5 use interest from other schools to get pay bumps fairly regularly. Coaches have a good year or two and they get massive deals at a lot of the Power5. 

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2021/11/mel-tuckers-massive-contract-extension-is-fully-guaranteed-with-buyout-unchanged.html

It doesn't seem real common in Wrestling though. I can't recall a situation in which a coach has gone and visited another program offering him an extension just to use it as leverage...

I will bet 200 PC (pastry coin) that Koll isn't doing this for a salary bump.

If he were (only 2 yr post big promises) it'd be a good sign to both AD's that you are not seriously trying to save & elevate the wrestling program.

8 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

The reason it wasn’t common is because wrestling isn’t a big kid sport compared to bb and fb..

I will bet 200 PC (pastry coin) that Koll isn't doing this for a salary bump.
If he were (only 2 yr post big promises) it'd be a good sign to both AD's that you are not seriously trying to save & elevate the wrestling program.

You’re betting 200 PC that Koll is doing … what?

Do we have any evidence that Koll did anything at all? Someone see him the airport? See him at OU? Anything beyond what Minnow claims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

You’re betting 200 PC that Koll is doing … what?

Do we have any evidence that Koll did anything at all? Someone see him the airport? See him at OU? Anything beyond what Minnow claims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, was on campus. I am told he will be announced soon, before the 15th because that is the wrestling banquet.  I am curious if he completely blows the staff up, or keeps Ware or Sam.  NO WAY, they keep Heflin IMO. I have heard Teyon is pissed, and he feels he is gone. I hate to say this, because I like TW ALOT, but that might be a little Karma on how things ended at WY. 

Then again, my sources could SUCK and I could look like a fool.  I have better sources on this deal than that cuck Minnow

On 4/9/2023 at 5:11 AM, H82Lose said:

Yes, was on campus. I am told he will be announced soon, before the 15th because that is the wrestling banquet.  I am curious if he completely blows the staff up, or keeps Ware or Sam.  NO WAY, they keep Heflin IMO. I have heard Teyon is pissed, and he feels he is gone. I hate to say this, because I like TW ALOT, but that might be a little Karma on how things ended at WY. 

Then again, my sources could SUCK and I could look like a fool.  I have better sources on this deal than that cuck Minnow

TW did nothing wrong in Wyoming. Karma or not, 50/50 he gets forced out.

• Fire 1

On 4/9/2023 at 12:44 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

If Koll departs to OU, do you guys think some of Stanfords elite recruits open their recruitment? Some big names like Aden Valencia ?

They almost always do. And this would be devastating for Stanford Wrestling. 

Edit-

Probably a good idea to read through the thread before commenting.

Now, OU potential candidates. Maybe a younger guy? Andrew Howe, both an alum and the type of guy I think could be a very good HC. 

I don't know what he's doing now, just that he lost his job because he refused to get the vaccine. 

Edited by scourge165

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

They all lose money.  I can't figure out the reasoning behind paying these folks so much money.

Of course you're right - but because I enjoy the product, I am not too bothered.  I was wondering something actually whether there is any cultural preservation society that could come to the aid of folkstyle wrestling in the ways of funding.  On the basis of this being a distinctly American style of sport which is on the decline and may otherwise go extinct.  Many prominent US presidents wrestled.  It's a matter of culture! /half joking